Seeing what everyone else is doing with their Galaxy S3

jodymcl

Aug 7, 2010
Visit site
So, I love this damn phone. So glad I got rid of the iphone. I have customized it, play iheart radio on my road trips and have various widgets that fulfill my endless need of useless information (twitter, facebook, etc.) Other than the picture frame widget of my girlfriend's butt. What other cool stuff have you guys found?

SenseMonkey

Jun 4, 2012
Visit site
I know you asked for some other stuff,but this is how i customized my beloved s3. :) My exterior is a white s3,white/gray case,zagg hd shield. Looks amazing in all white. :)

Sent from my S3:)

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1348092983193.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1348092983193.jpg
    20.2 KB · Views: 192
Apr 10, 2012
Visit site
Keeping my most important stuff on my homescreens and am emilinating the need to press the power button by having 2 lock screen shortcuts as well as a double tap gesture to put my phone to sleep

As well as easy access to my lux brightness and battery information at the ready

Not that I can show you any screen shots of anything thanks to the new Android Central Forums dimensions glitch

On my Samsung galaxy s3 running android 4.0

Because unlike ios, i keep my apps in app drawers, and not in infinite cluttered homescreens

Apr 10, 2012
Visit site
Well I can show you my homescreen but my notification menu isn't able to upload

Because unlike ios, i keep my apps in app drawers, and not in infinite cluttered homescreens

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1348095102027.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1348095102027.jpg
    15 KB · Views: 168

funkylogik

May 21, 2012
Visit site
check out Soundtracks homescreen thread in "stickies" for a MULTITUDE of ideas mate ;)

global s3, UK. Ask me anything and ill reply even if its just an intelligent (or crazy) guess ;)

funkylogik

May 21, 2012
Visit site
http://db.tt/yWlp07eV

my main homescreen right now btw, live fish wallpaper over a pretty background. it may not seem functional but each of those dock icons has a secondary use by swiping up on one (for example, swiping up on the camera icon takes me to gallery... sms icon takes me to gmail..) plus the dock is scrollable so i have another 5 icons with their own secondary function ;)
global s3, UK. Ask me anything and ill reply even if its just an intelligent (or crazy) guess ;)

funkylogik

May 21, 2012
Visit site
oops sorry its Prozac's homescreen thread in stickies, soz Pro mate :confused:

goin_nil

Jul 1, 2010
Visit site
.. play iheart radio on my road trips and have various widgets that fulfill my endless need of useless information (twitter, facebook, etc.) ...

I use the OverDrive Media Console to download free audio books from my library (library card number required) and listen to them on my way to/from work.

If you are into podcasts, pick up the Pocket Casts app from Shiftyjelly.

funkylogik

May 21, 2012
Visit site
Keeping my most important stuff on my homescreens and am emilinating the need to press the power button by having 2 lock screen shortcuts as well as a double tap gesture to put my phone to sleep

As well as easy access to my lux brightness and battery information at the ready

Not that I can show you any screen shots of anything thanks to the new Android Central Forums dimensions glitch

check out the "Screen Off RT" widget for a bunch of gesures like turning phone upside down, shaking, turning face down (my favourite) to turn screen off.
its free, ive had it around a week, and theres no sneaky leadbolt ad's.
just remember that although its an app, its in the widget list for some reason ;)

Apr 10, 2012
Visit site
check out the "Screen Off RT" widget for a bunch of gesures like turning phone upside down, shaking, turning face down (my favourite) to turn screen off.
its free, ive had it around a week, and theres no sneaky leadbolt ad's.
just remember that although its an app, its in the widget list for some reason ;)

Thanks sooo much, I love it already

Wish you could have more than one gesture at once tho, but I'm loving this feature already

I wonder if there are any other apps like it so I may use a second gesture as well

funkylogik

May 21, 2012
Visit site
no probs. i used to use an app called "shake it off" or something but it only worked with shake and was riddled with ad-ware.
id love one that would switch off when i close my flip case :)

funkylogik

May 21, 2012
Visit site
Thanks sooo much, I love it already

Wish you could have more than one gesture at once tho, but I'm loving this feature already

I wonder if there are any other apps like it so I may use a second gesture as well

....this is why im gona study coding :)

Apr 10, 2012
Visit site
no probs. i used to use an app called "shake it off" or something but it only worked with shake and was riddled with ad-ware.
id love one that would switch off when i close my flip case :)

I found the other one to this app, its called screen off tl and it's not a widget so u can run both at the same time

So u can now use two gesures now so I set facedown and bottom up

No homo, lmao

Apr 10, 2012
Visit site
All I need is now is a way to turn on the screen by using a gesture then I will be really happy

Apr 10, 2012
Visit site
Damn, the app uses a decent amount of battery, i took my phone off the charger and already lost nearly 7 percent in 22 minutes uploadfromtaptalk1348284769892.jpg

funkylogik

May 21, 2012
Visit site
they both use a lot :( i thought RT would only be usin maybe 2% which id live with. isnt this coz youve been testing them a lot? il check my batt usage for RT mate..

funkylogik

May 21, 2012
Visit site
uploadfromtaptalk1348286518736.jpg
i have my phone on charge right now so dont know how accurate this will be.. once its charged, i wont use flip phone to turn off and see what percentage it uses.
id guess even using the power button uses some % hidden in android system or something.
i dont mind RT usin battery just when i flip the phone to turn it off but if its using a high percentage in background while waiting for a gesture/motion then ill uninstall :)

funkylogik

May 21, 2012
Visit site
p.s, i notice Avast is pretty light on your battery... it was using like 8% on me so i uninstalled

Apr 10, 2012
Visit site
they both use a lot :( i thought RT would only be usin maybe 2% which id live with. isnt this coz youve been testing them a lot? il check my batt usage for RT mate..

Yea, it was probably cause I tested it alot, it's gone down a tiny bit since

Apr 10, 2012
Visit site
p.s, i notice Avast is pretty light on your battery... it was using like 8% on me so i uninstalled

Yea, avast only really activates when I download an app, otherwise it doesn't hurt my battery

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Akshay