Samsung confirms plans to sue Apple over LTE in the iPhone 5

JHBThree

Feb 15, 2012
Visit site
Watch Apple win somehow anyway. They'll probably claim that they planned to have LTE in their phones before the S3 came out or some bull like that.

Actually, what they're going to claim is that Qualcomm already has a license and pays Samsung, so Samsung cannot sue apple. They did the exact same thing in all of the suits Samsung brought against apple for 3G patents. (And Samsung didn't prevail in any of them) Any lawsuit certainly isn't going to win Samsung any more fans in the justice department or FTC, where Samsung is already under antitrust investigation for abusing 3G standards essential patents.

Also, one thing that gets lost is that apple has a raft of their own LTE patents that they would certainly use against Samsung if given the chance.

funkylogik

May 21, 2012
Visit site
i dont see fanboy as a derogatory word. im an android fanboy and a mobile phone geek :)
slightly perverted too (shh)
:p

global s3, UK. Ask me anything and ill reply even if its just an intelligent (or stupid) guess ;)

lbkiml

Jul 2, 2012
Visit site
I don't like any attack ad. Period.

Sent from mah brainzzzzz via Galaxy S III and Tapatalk 2

I'm not sure if the new apple commercial was a hidden attack to samsung about apples screen size on how "it makes sense" to be able to touch every part of the screen with your thumb without readjusting your hand. Maybe bagging on the big screen phones.

pauldroidr2d2

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
I'm not sure if the new apple commercial was a hidden attack to samsung about apples screen size on how "it makes sense" to be able to touch every part of the screen with your thumb without readjusting your hand. Maybe bagging on the big screen phones.

Apple has many faults. But, one thing that is clear is that when they design their mobile devices, they do with the intention that anyone who uses their device will have a great experience using it. Android takes a different approach by offering a wide variety of devices. Neither one is better than the other. They just have different approaches and goals (outside of making huge profits.)

Rev2010

Oct 26, 2010
Visit site

Wouldn't make much sense for a few reasons - one, people's hand are different sizes, so for some people a 4" screen might make the extremities out of reach. Two, there are plenty of other Android devices that are 4" or smaller in screen size. Three, with the size of my hands I can reach all the icons on my S3, couldn't though with the Note, but while a slight bit of a stretch I can access all icons.

Rev.

lbkiml

Jul 2, 2012
Visit site
Wouldn't make much sense for a few reasons - one, people's hand are different sizes, so for some people a 4" screen might make the extremities out of reach. Two, there are plenty of other Android devices that are 4" or smaller in screen size. Three, with the size of my hands I can reach all the icons on my S3, couldn't though with the Note, but while a slight bit of a stretch I can access all icons.

Rev.
Yeah, true.

Just when they said something like "it makes sense," it was kind of an awkward phrase to throw into their commercial.

JHBThree

Feb 15, 2012
Visit site
Yeah, true.

Just when they said something like "it makes sense," it was kind of an awkward phrase to throw into their commercial.

I think they were playing on the fact that Apple made a big deal about the screen size being ideal with the 4s more than any jab at competitors.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

reeneebob

Banned
Aug 21, 2010
Visit site
You should probably become a hermit then. Just sayin.

Sent from my HTC EVO 3D X515a using Android Central Forums

In Canada its illegal to attack your competition by name in advertising. Only recently have we been getting negative political ads and they don't tend to work.

I think it's something the US should look into.

If Samsung thinks a good way to get new users is to insult the ones they ae hoping to attract, well... Personally I think it makes them look like they are jealous they don't have the user devotion Apple does.

reeneebob

Banned
Aug 21, 2010
Visit site

If it was, I agree with them, because I've almost dropped my SGS 3 many times because I can't comfortably use it one handed. Apple has a point.

xlDeMoNiClx

Jan 4, 2012
Visit site
In Canada its illegal to attack your competition by name in advertising. Only recently have we been getting negative political ads and they don't tend to work.

If Samsung thinks a good way to get new users is to insult the ones they ae hoping to attract, well... Personally I think it makes them look like they are jealous they don't have the user devotion Apple does.

If by recently you mean several years now, I agree. But that's just how companies get customers. It's immature and low but sadly we can't do anything about it except ignore it and think for ourselves.

rbx0122

Nov 7, 2010
Visit site
I like having a choice and picking an OS to go with my choice of hardware/device. The important thing here is choice which is freedom of which is something you don't have with other propriety platforms. is it the proprietary element that kills platforms. How about BlackBerry or Nokias history? Isolationism has never worked and will always fall. One has always got to work together to form the many which makes a team.
The Internet would not exist as it is today without open source. Open source is extremely important and should be supported.
What if apple owned the apache license or how about php or C?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

pauldroidr2d2

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site

The US fortunately, or unfortunately has a Bill of Rights. Limiting what can be said like that could potentially be an infringement of the 1st Amendment.

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site

I hate attack ads.

Apple's "I'm a Mac/I'm a PC" (vs. Microsoft) ads were stupid.

The Pepsi Max commercials where they have the Coke Zero guy drinking Pepsi Max are stupid.

And Samsung's ads against Apple are stupid.

xlDeMoNiClx

Jan 4, 2012
Visit site
I hate attack ads.

Apple's "I'm a Mac/I'm a PC" (vs. Microsoft) ads were stupid.

The Pepsi Max commercials where they have the Coke Zero guy drinking Pepsi Max are stupid.

And Samsung's ads against Apple are stupid.
One of the reasons I don't watch much TV anymore.

funkylogik

May 21, 2012
Visit site
i just remember the billboard ads with the size of a whopper vs big mac lol :)

global s3, UK. Ask me anything and ill reply even if its just an intelligent (or stupid) guess ;)

lbkiml

Jul 2, 2012
Visit site
If it was, I agree with them, because I've almost dropped my SGS 3 many times because I can't comfortably use it one handed. Apple has a point.

But then again Rev made a point where it dependent on the person. He said he can reach all of the buttons on the screen one handed. On the other hand, you (along with me) have trouble sometimes and almost drop it. For me, it's mostly from trying to press the back button on the bottom right, holding my phone with my right hand. To be on the safe side, I will use my other hand to press buttons if it means mitigating the risk of me dropping my phone.

And it's hard to find what and "average" size hand would be comfortable with since the users range from teens to the elderly.