Samsung confirms plans to sue Apple over LTE in the iPhone 5

lbkiml

Jul 2, 2012
Visit site
Strangely, I find the Samsung vs. Apple more interesting than Obama vs. Romney.
We'll see how Samsung plays out this one.

the1m.polo

Dec 9, 2011
Visit site
For a phone to have the ability to access and use LTE, it needs the hardware. Samsung seems to think they own that hardward.

Apple must have snuck into the Samsung warehouses and stole the hardware for the iPhone 5.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

Just like Apple think they own our fingers and prohibit us from sliding it across the screen of a phone (swipe gestures)... It's all stupid but I hope apple gets hit up

From my understanding its a patent on how the LTE radio work in conjunction with the processor... But idk...

Sent from my GS3....

jq83

Sep 22, 2012
Visit site
APPLE is sueing samsung over shapes, here is what i have to say, Apple is mad cuz they cant think of another design and keep making the same phone over and over changing the cover color and adding a few apps and the worst decision ever was to try and create their own mapping software, lol what a joke a app that is supposed to help you does nothing but take up space. The only good thing is that now with their precisous iphone 5 and a map app that is as good as our govt the liberals wont be able to find their way to the poll, but people will still flock to them like puppets no matter how much apple charges for a pile of . They are blind and only think 1 dimensional when they hear the word iphone and if u have ever talked or know someone with an iphone they can tell you just about everything about every iphone made and every 5 or 6 words out of their mouth is either iphone or apple. Apple is over rated, we need to get rid of apple and obama maybe after that there would be piece on a green earth (don't think apple is going anywhere though)

Markster1

Aug 17, 2011
Visit site
Apple uses the second antenna in their iPhone 5 for better call reception whereas the Samsung galaxy s3 uses it's second antenna for data. That's why iPhone can't do simultaneous data/voice while the s3 and other Android devices can on Verizon.

anon(883913)

Aug 2, 2012
Visit site
I agree, the maps suck but yet every Apple user believes them to be so good... The brainwashing is strong with these people lol

As for for the simultaneous voice and data on cdma carriers its because Apple said they already put 2 antennas in the device to make calls sound better (what a load of bull) and that including a third antenna would not be that beneficial (again, what a load of bull). Personally, I think they didn't put the extra antenna in because they wanted more profit.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Android Central Forums

nbdiver

Aug 18, 2012
Visit site
Apple uses the second antenna in their iPhone 5 for better call reception whereas the Samsung galaxy s3 uses it's second antenna for data. That's why iPhone can't do simultaneous data/voice while the s3 and other Android devices can on Verizon.
my iphone 4 could do data voice simultaneously on AT&T so I highly doubt the 5 cannot!

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Android Central Forums

Rev2010

Oct 26, 2010
Visit site
my iphone 4 could do data voice simultaneously on AT&T so I highly doubt the 5 cannot!

Everything I've read says this only affects Verizon and Sprint. for AT&T what I've found was this:

"The reason AT&T iPhone 5 buyers can place phone calls and use data at the same time is because both of those functions roll back to the older AT&T 3G network, which is capable handling both simultaneously."

Don't know how true it is however.

Rev.

Mellimel22

Banned
Mar 1, 2012
Visit site
APPLE is sueing samsung over shapes, here is what i have to say, Apple is mad cuz they cant think of another design and keep making the same phone over and over changing the cover color and adding a few apps and the worst decision ever was to try and create their own mapping software, lol what a joke a app that is supposed to help you does nothing but take up space. The only good thing is that now with their precisous iphone 5 and a map app that is as good as our govt the liberals wont be able to find their way to the poll, but people will still flock to them like puppets no matter how much apple charges for a pile of . They are blind and only think 1 dimensional when they hear the word iphone and if u have ever talked or know someone with an iphone they can tell you just about everything about every iphone made and every 5 or 6 words out of their mouth is either iphone or apple. Apple is over rated, we need to get rid of apple and obama maybe after that there would be piece on a green earth (don't think apple is going anywhere though)

I was with u till u said get rid of Obama smh fug romney

Sent from my White Epic 4g touch rockin jellybean

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Don't start the politics talk guys.. This isn't the forum for that.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Android Central Forums

rexxman

Apr 28, 2011
Visit site

What a misguided rant. Government/Liberal/Obama? Please, give it a rest.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Android Central Forums

pauldroidr2d2

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
The whole Android/Apple debate is tiresome at best. This Android fanboy garbage is no better than the Apple fanboy garbage that takes place.

anon(883913)

Aug 2, 2012
Visit site
The whole Android/Apple debate is tiresome at best. This Android fanboy garbage is no better than the Apple fanboy garbage that takes place.

At least android fanboys know what they're talking about, most Apple fanboys don't even look at what they're talking about and just post whatever is on their mind.

reeneebob

Banned
Aug 21, 2010
Visit site
At least android fanboys know what they're talking about, most Apple fanboys don't even look at what they're talking about and just post whatever is on their mind.

Really? Because I've seen some stupid crap spewed from android fanboys. Heaven forbid someone not have an irrational hatred for a company that makes pretty decent tech.

I hate the Apple lawsuits but like their products. I loathe Samsung's childish advertisements smearing a group of users. I think that makes Samsung look worse than Apple. I own an iPhone 4 and a SGS 3. They are both great pieces of tech.

Fanboys suck regardless of affiliation.

Sent from mah brainzzzzz via Galaxy S III and Tapatalk 2

pauldroidr2d2

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site

Some Apple fanboys make the same claim you have just made. All of which is flat out ridiculous. There are people in both camps that make claims which aren't true. These arguments are futile at best.

Last edited:

the1m.polo

Dec 9, 2011
Visit site
Really? Because I've seen some stupid crap spewed from android fanboys. Heaven forbid someone not have an irrational hatred for a company that makes pretty decent tech.

I hate the Apple lawsuits but like their products. I loathe Samsung's childish advertisements smearing a group of users. I think that makes Samsung look worse than Apple. I own an iPhone 4 and a SGS 3. They are both great pieces of tech.

Fanboys suck regardless of affiliation.

I have to ask what company doesn't have ads aimed at their top competitor... Coke/Pepsi, Ford/Chevy, Honda/hyundia/Toyota, Windows/Apple, McDonalds/Burger King..... It's not anything new so what makes Samsung any different?????

Sent from my GS3....

Last edited:

reeneebob

Banned
Aug 21, 2010
Visit site
I have to ask what company doesn't have ads aimed at their top competitor... Coke/Pepsi, Ford/Chevy, Honda/hyundia/Toyota, Windows/Apple, McDonalds/Burger King..... It's not anything new so what makes Samsung any different?????

Sent from my GS3....

I don't like any attack ad. Period.