1. Can you make the ringer not start off quiet for the first couple of seconds?

2. Also, the gallery app is confusing me. I have it set to store pictures on the SD card. Can someone explain this behavior to me: I went to that mnt\extsdcard\DCIM folder and created a 'test' folder with a pic (so I have a 'Camera' and a 'test' folder) and the 'test' folder doesn't show in my gallery, but it does show in QuickPic as another album. Strange....I thought it picked up pics no matter where they were at.

So then I copied a photo directly into the Camera folder....and again QuickPic recognized it right away (showed 91 pics) but the regular gallery app didn't (showed only 90 pics).

So why doesn't the regular gallery app recognize pics I manually add or folders I create?

3. Finally, if I'm in the gallery app, and press menu - view by, there's an option to view Facebook photos. How do I get that to sync so i can see my Facebook albums as well? There is no photo sync option in my Facebook account sync options (just contacts).

I'll note I already have the gallery showing my Picasa albums and all that, but would be nice to have it show my facebook ones too.
    09-20-2012 07:36 PM
    1. No, you can't fix that outside of downloading a ring volume app someone mentioned in an earlier thread (I'd created one about this myself). I personally don't want another app constantly running in the background just to fix the ring volume issue so I just deal with it. Why in the world the S3 works this way and was released with such a clearly obvious issue is beyond me. All I could think of is that this might be some sort of stupid built in "feature" that they would say allows people to grab their phone and answer before the ringtone goes to an obnoxiously loud setting. Nice if you're on a bus or in a meeting, but either way it's IMO a flaw as if I leave my phone in another room and can't hear the first ringtone portion it gives me less time to getup and get to the phone to answer. Luckily, so far it has not yet caused me to miss a single call... so maybe I'm simply over thinking it. Still would be nice to have a setting to turn it off and we're hoping it's fixed in an update.

2. Can't help you here. On my phone anything I add anywhere, photo or video, shows up in the Gallery app, whether on the external SDHC card or internal memory.

3. Check under Settings - Accounts and Sync, you made need to click on your Google account name, but look for Facebook in there. I see Picasa listed, maybe Facebook is there too?

Rev.
    09-20-2012 08:25 PM
    2. That's how my EVO 4G worked. I even force closed the gallery app and rebooted the phone (trying to refresh the gallery app) but no dice. QuickPic still recognizes the other folder and that there's 91 pics in the Camera folder, but the Gallery app doesn't show the folder and thinks there's only 90 pics (the pic also doesn't show in the folder, just in case you're wondering if its only the count that's off).

3. No dice.
    09-20-2012 08:33 PM
    How do i create a folder for my apps. I tried dragging the internet icon to my screen but couldn't move any apps to it. It just stayed as the internet icon.
    Thanks,
    Thomas
    10-11-2012 02:29 PM
    @Thomas, im not sure but i "think" on stock launcher you have to start by making a folder and then add apps to it?

yeah the ringtone thing bugs me, it should be an option, maybe it sounds ok with the crappy default tones but not with my music

global s3, UK. Ask me anything and ill reply even if its just an intelligent (or stupid) guess
    10-11-2012 02:57 PM
    I think that's right. I switched to Nova awhile ago and you can just drag icons on top of each other, but stock Touchwiz doesn't let you do that. You have to create the folder first then add apps to it.
    10-11-2012 03:00 PM
    I think that's right. I switched to Nova awhile ago and you can just drag icons on top of each other, but stock Touchwiz doesn't let you do that. You have to create the folder first then add apps to it.
    same mate, just moved from Go to Nova, never used stock launcher but i think the JB version is gona make it more intuative to make folders etc

global s3, UK. Ask me anything and ill reply even if its just an intelligent (or stupid) guess
    10-11-2012 03:02 PM

I kid I kid!... But seriously lol.

Sent From My Rooted/Modded SGSIII - If I've helped you please click 'Thanks'!
    10-11-2012 03:34 PM

I kid I kid!... But seriously lol.

whats the point in forums like this then?
    i personaly trust advice more from people i feel i "know"

10-11-2012 03:53 PM
    whats the point in forums like this then?
    i personaly trust advice more from people i feel i "know"

I don't know about you, but I like having my questions answered ASAP. Doing a quick search will get you your information in forums like this a lot faster than hoping/waiting for a response. For example, the increasing ringtone "issue " has been discussed 100 times over across the web, including these very boards.

I don't mind helping people, and I understand not everyone is fluent in Android. All I ask is that people do a quick search before posting and possibly bumping down a more pressing thread, chances are someone else had the exact same question weeks prior.

funkylogik and unlmtdRW like this.
    10-11-2012 09:34 PM
    I kind of understand where he's coming from. Some questions could easily be googled. I Google before asking questions on here and if the answer is non existent or not clear then I post here. But before posting I still search the forum before posting. This keeps the forum not cluttered with dumb repetitive stuff
    Srambo217 likes this.
    10-11-2012 11:48 PM
    yeah thats fair enough Jaj mate

Srambo217 likes this.
    10-12-2012 09:04 AM