Galaxy S3 Battery life

chefpyro

Nov 27, 2012
Visit site
Hi , if your battery problem still exists, pl install the update which we got in india day on 25th Nov. Build No JRO03C.I9300XXDLK1. this fixed all the battery issues, the over night discharging vanished. i full charged the fone at night around 11PM, and now it is 930PM the next day. i still have 33% battery reaining. voice calls - 1hr50 mins, screen on 2h36m, cell stand by 14h 3 m, device idle 11h 26 m, etc etc.
i am really happy now with the performance of the battery and i am not installing any app for battery maximization etc.
Where do u put thr code in at? Still trying to figure this thing out. Battery dies too quick for me to play my music at work. Any help is greatly appreciated. Thx.

RealGuy83

Dec 28, 2012
Visit site
your battery is just fine.. you just turn off the 4G and the GPS.. they consume so much of energy.. turn them on when you need them! then your phone will be on twice longer !!

Spreeuwtje1986

Jan 22, 2013
Visit site
Hi,
I just bought the samsung galaxy 3 and like some others I was a little disappointed of the battery life. This is what I did:
- wifi is turned off,
-gps is turned off
- screen rotation is turned off
- bluetooth is turned off
- mobile data is turned off
- blocking mode is rurned off
- power saving is turned on
- all share cast is turned off
- multi window is turned off
- screen brightness is +-10%
no applications are runing, Ram is cleared
And best of all, my samsung is most of the time in standby mode. And if it's turned on it's for sending sms
After 24 hours my phone is 78%

If I would have used internet, wifi or even an app, I would have thought it normal, but nothing is running.

What's the maximum battery live for samsung s3?

nolittdroid

Aug 8, 2011
Visit site
Switch to WiFi and turn off mobile data where you can! Will definitely help a little.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Android Central Forums

truenoob

Apr 8, 2011
Visit site
I had poor battery life after the JB update. So I cleared my device cache and reset my phone. I didn't want to set up all my stuff again but took a chance since this worked for me before. And it worked again. Now i have really good battery life and can get through a day 12-14 hrs on medium use. I have everything but BT on all the time and screen brightness on Auto.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Android Central Forums

ybcthanerd

Sep 30, 2010
Visit site
I don't kno where these battery issues come from

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Android Central Forums

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1358888962661.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1358888962661.jpg
    60.2 KB · Views: 23

meyerweb#CB

Banned
Sep 4, 2009
Visit site
Hi,
After 24 hours my phone is 78%

Wait, you're saying you've still got 78% of your battery left after 24 hours? You've got nothing to worry about. Be happy. Understand these phones are never really asleep. You can worry about trying to make your battery last for days, or you can actually USE the phone for what it's designed for and charge it up once in a while. If all you want is something to send and receive SMS's on, you can buy a dumb phone and have the battery last for a week. And save a whole lot of money on the phone and a data plan.

I've never understood what the big deal is with plugging your phone in every night to recharge the battery. Or even for an hour or two during the day if needed.

As nolittledroid suggests, using wifi is more efficient than using 3G/4G, as long as you have a fairly strong wifi signal.

B_Smitty

Jan 18, 2013
Visit site
I can only tell you what I have done that has helped. I turned off "automatic" for screen brightness and have it set the lowest light I can comfortably deal with. My area only has 3G, so I have it set to not look for 4G. My previous phone used a lot of battery looking for wifi (which I never use because I rarely have access and do have unlimited data), but I'm not so sure about the SG3...I have tried it both ways and don't see much difference. One thing that I did discover was sucking a lot of juice was the annoying Google+ app. After disabling it (I would uninstall if I could) that helped quite a bit. I try to keep wallpaper for home and lock screens dark and do not use live wallpaper. I was told Juice Defender would help, but it seemed to use more than it saved so I don't use it. I typically charge it every night, and go to bed at over 40%. That usually means 1 or 2 calls, checking a social site or 2, maybe poking around Google Play or checking email, and then anywhere from 50 to 200 texts in a day. Is that light use? I'm not sure, but I usually start the evening at around 85%, so compared to previous phones, I am pretty happy so far. I think for the most part, it depends on what you expect, and what your previous experience is.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol