09-26-2012 06:36 PM
26 12
tools
    I don't know what's going on but it seems like in the last week I've "pocket dialed" three people. I know I put my phone in my pocket but I can't figure out how it's getting to the dial screen to do this. The only solution I can think of is to put a security lock screen on the phone (which I've avoided since I work from home and other people aren't around).
    Has anyone else had this happen to them? I didn't expect it to happen with this phone.
    09-22-2012 08:44 PM
    All the time! !! And I never did this before ..now I make sure screen is offq! Funnyw...
    09-22-2012 11:23 PM
    try some different lock screen apps mate. the stock one unlocks very easily

global s3, UK. Ask me anything and ill reply even if its just an intelligent (or stupid) guess
    09-22-2012 11:41 PM
    This exact reason is why I have smart app lock set to pattern lock my phone app and sms

On my Samsung galaxy s3 running android 4.0

Because unlike ios, i keep my apps in app drawers, and not in infinite cluttered homescreens
    09-22-2012 11:56 PM
    I haven't ever had this happen yet ... so no clue :o
    09-22-2012 11:58 PM
    Nothing wrong with a little butt dialing every now and then
    funkylogik likes this.
    09-23-2012 12:06 AM
    is that the definition of a "booty call" mate?

global s3, UK. Ask me anything and ill reply even if its just an intelligent (or stupid) guess
    rexxman, riderrick65 and evq.003 like this.
    09-23-2012 12:11 AM
    is that the definition of a "booty call" mate?

LOL... I just remember it happening to me when I had my Epic 4g back in the day... My wife told me when I got home from work one night, " So you've been butt dialing again huh?" Guess I called home a few times throughout the day :P
    09-23-2012 12:13 AM
    This exact reason is why I have smart app lock set to pattern lock my phone app and sms

Because unlike ios, i keep my apps in app drawers, and not in infinite cluttered homescreens
    i use Smart App Lock to lock down Settings, Browsers, Gmail, Playstore, Shopping apps.
    id never lock the actual phone or a thief will just bin it and my anti theft apps would be useless lol.
    i also use Total Recall which records and emails me any calls made
    *would love to catch a theif*

09-23-2012 12:17 AM
    I'm going to try pattern locking the phone. Now I just have to remember to turn the screen off every time I'm done with it. I'll test it tomorrow and see how things work with my iBolt in the car.
    Thanks all for your comments.
    09-23-2012 12:28 AM
    This makes me want to start a threat to see where people hold their s3... front pocket, back, clip, lanyard of some sort. I never butt dial as I keep my phone in my front pocket and make sure the screen goes off
    09-23-2012 01:58 AM
    I keep my phone in my front pocket but I do sometimes forget to make sure the screen is off and let it time out on its own. That could very likely be my problem. If I get in the habit of making sure the screen is off I should probably be ok I think.
    09-23-2012 08:27 AM

How does SmartLock work when the phone is in a car dock? I don't need security there for obvious reasons.
    09-23-2012 08:42 AM
    Ansextra, I truly hope and don't think you or anyone here on this site puts their cell in the rear pocket, lol! I don't care how loose your pants/jeans are, the screen in bound to crack....in your crack! .....see what I did there, lol!!

But if you are like me and put your phone in your front pant/jeans pocket, I have a pattern lock on my phone which prevents any accidental typing.
    09-23-2012 09:01 AM
    You could also use an app called call confirm. It makes you hit a confirm button before you dial

Sent from skynet..... I mean my S3
    09-23-2012 09:08 AM
    Ansextra, I truly hope and don't think you or anyone here on this site puts their cell in the rear pocket, lol! I don't care how loose your pants/jeans are, the screen in bound to crack....in your crack! .....see what I did there, lol!!

But if you are like me and put your phone in your front pant/jeans pocket, I have a pattern lock on my phone which prevents any accidental typing.
    My problem with pattern lock is that I like to be able to drag my notifications bar down when the screen is locked. I use that all the time. Pattern locking prevents that and I'm trying to avoid it.
    09-23-2012 09:29 AM
    I keep my phone in my front pocket but I do sometimes forget to make sure the screen is off and let it time out on its own. That could very likely be my problem. If I get in the habit of making sure the screen is off I should probably be ok I think.
    ive recently started using Wave Control. it controls things like media by waving in front of proximity sensor but i have it set so that a "hovver" gesture turns the phone off so it turns the phone off when i put it in pocket, close flip case, place face down but isnt so sensetive that i cant touch top of the screen (unlike the free similar apps) great app and only 3% drain (which is prob less than i waste by forgetting to switch off)

09-26-2012 11:51 AM
    If you use the flip cover case you won't have this problem

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Android Central Forums
    09-26-2012 12:08 PM
    If you use the flip cover case you won't have this problem

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Android Central Forums
    my screen timeout is 10mins lol so it certainly saves me battery

09-26-2012 12:16 PM
    This makes me want to start a threat to see where people hold their s3... front pocket, back, clip, lanyard of some sort. I never butt dial as I keep my phone in my front pocket and make sure the screen goes off
    Do not have that issue since I never put the phone in my pockets.Pockets are notorious for "lint", it will attack the headphone jack and the charging port. Plus I know I would eventually sit on it and crack it.
    09-26-2012 12:40 PM
    Unless you pass gas while the call is still running.
    09-26-2012 05:28 PM
    The home and power buttons are sensitive. If you don't have it on a specific lock gesture. I've accidentally called someone before.
    09-26-2012 05:29 PM
    since my 1st ever decent phone years ago ive been in habit of puttin it in left front pocket with nothing else (would NEVER put it in back pocket... *snnnAp*
    when i leave house im in habit of checkin left pocket for phone, right pocket for inhaler and keys
    wouldnt be seen dead with a holster lol

09-26-2012 05:46 PM
    There is an app called call confirm and it when you hit the button to call someone it says "do you really want to call" and its really convenient.

Sent from my Galaxy s3 using Android Central Forums
    funkylogik likes this.
    09-26-2012 06:29 PM
    think Go Dialer has the option too but your butt could press yes lol.
    i think its the op's lockscreen thats the problem, if its the stock flip one then thats defo the prob

would be so funny if he butt rang his boss or grandma and farted

09-26-2012 06:32 PM
26 12