10-01-2012 08:00 PM
80 1234
tools
    It's happening. Apple asks for ban of ALL Samsung smartphones and additional 700 million.-267373_336987689730050_1677696713_n.jpg

I found this to be extremely funny. Apple logic.
    09-24-2012 09:30 PM
    Part of me doesn't quite believe this yet, as I'm not seeing it anywhere else aside from examiner.com, and they aren't always the most reliable source of information. If it is true, I truly hope the American courts will have finally figured out that Apple has jumped the shark with all this BS and put them in their place, finally.
    09-24-2012 09:34 PM
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	267373_336987689730050_1677696713_n.jpg 
Views:	354 
Size:	24.9 KB 
ID:	38469

That pic genuinely made me laugh out loud.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S III using Android Central Forums
    09-24-2012 09:51 PM
    Some people are really becoming laughably paranoid. This is the expected move after the ruling. They ask for the world in one direction and Samsung does the same in the other direction. Neither get what they "want" but neither actually really expected that they would. In all likelihood Apple will get a financial award and a couple devices added to current list. Samsung may also get a couple devices taken off the list and will settle in the end. Samsung will then fire a bunch of lawyers and be thankful the situation was not worse since 1) they really did lose a case because the evidence was on the side of the plaintiffs, and 2) they could have settled a couple years ago and paid less in royalties to Apple than they will pay between the litigation and damages award. This is just SOP for damages litigation. Some around here are getting as paranoid as the BlackBerry types seeing government and media conspiracies against RIM....
    MERCDROID likes this.
    09-24-2012 10:53 PM
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	267373_336987689730050_1677696713_n.jpg 
Views:	354 
Size:	24.9 KB 
ID:	38469

oh mate thanks. had to download that. now its facebook bound even though noone will get it coz none of my real friends are tech geeks

global s3, UK. Ask me anything and ill reply even if its just an intelligent (or stupid) guess
    09-25-2012 12:21 AM
    To me, it looks like history's repeating itself, but this time in the tech world. Napoleon was way in over his head and ended up having his butt handed to him, then Adolf, and now it's Apple. They're just going to sue left and right, til they're the only ones left and there's only them left. Eventually, people will stop buying their products due to a lack of choice and variety in the market and Apple will fall.

Just my two cents.

Sent from my HTC One X
    Apple: The Adolf Hitler of tech.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums
    09-25-2012 02:30 AM
    Part of me doesn't quite believe this yet, as I'm not seeing it anywhere else aside from examiner.com, and they aren't always the most reliable source of information. If it is true, I truly hope the American courts will have finally figured out that Apple has jumped the shark with all this BS and put them in their place, finally.
    Just Google news "Apple ban all Samsung" pretty much every major news group reported it. I just linked the examiner because I liked the pic they had.

09-25-2012 02:32 AM
    *shows support for samsung by not eating apples anymore*
    09-25-2012 05:44 AM
    I think apple is trying to bankrupt Samsung. Then they take them over and no more paying someone else to get there hardware. Possibly?

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Android Central Forums
    09-25-2012 06:54 AM
    I think apple is trying to bankrupt Samsung. Then they take them over and no more paying someone else to get there hardware. Possibly?
    I think it's more about scaring them and other Android manufacturers (like HTC) into questioning putting out Android handsets for fear of being sued. i.e. they're trying to destroy Android by scaring the manufacturers away from it.

Without actually looking up what Samsung is worth, I think it would be pretty hard to bankrupt them. They aren't just a phone company. But if Apple can make the Android portion of their business unprofitable, it may persuade them to not put out Android phones. Same with HTC.....HTC can't afford a billion dollar hit (at least I don't think they can).
    09-25-2012 07:46 AM
    I think Apple has gone full blow IMO.

So what they won a court battle. If this does work out for Apple then America deserves its monopoly THEY MADE. I still wont buy an iPhone. I mean if apple came out with something new and cool I would have given them a chance! But not anymore. I just lost all interest in them as a company. They stole from Palm to be realistic. But I get that. That's is what makes technology go round. They are just out to ruin it for the consumer. I'd rather have a dumb phone to be honest. I mean hell I don't even capitalize its name anymore...Oh well.

/End of rant...

CJ
    09-25-2012 08:03 AM
    Microsoft would love the elimination of Samsung so they could gain a better market for windows phone.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2
    How do you figure, Samsung makes Windows Phone 8 devices. Plus they're a major player with Windows PC as well. Apple is just bitter because the Galaxy S3 is actually selling really well. If the Galaxy family of devices were a flop, Apple wouldn't care.
    MangoPowah and MERCDROID like this.
    09-25-2012 09:16 AM
    How do you figure, Samsung makes Windows Phone 8 devices. Plus they're a major player with Windows PC as well. Apple is just bitter because the Galaxy S3 is actually selling really well. If the Galaxy family of devices were a flop, Apple wouldn't care.
    You got that right, just look at some of the latest competitor advertisements for the gs3, they go right after the I5s "NEW" features that the galaxy line has had for a long time. Its rather funny to watch them. Iphone users just seam to be impressed with very little innovation I guess and buy it up like crazy. But because Apple has a severe lack of creative and innovative talent, the only thing they can go is go after their competitors through the courts to stop them from releasing products that are much better and use features that have been on the market for some time that for some reason Apple is slow or reluctant to embrace. I know they could sell way more phones then they do now if they incorporated even just a few of the features all of the other manufactures use. it actually boggles the mind as to why they keep themselves so far behind the curve.
    09-25-2012 10:28 AM
    You got that right, just look at some of the latest competitor advertisements for the gs3, they go right after the I5s "NEW" features that the galaxy line has had for a long time. Its rather funny to watch them. Iphone users just seam to be impressed with very little innovation I guess and buy it up like crazy. But because Apple has a severe lack of creative and innovative talent, the only thing they can go is go after their competitors through the courts to stop them from releasing products that are much better and use features that have been on the market for some time that for some reason Apple is slow or reluctant to embrace. I know they could sell way more phones then they do now if they incorporated even just a few of the features all of the other manufactures use. it actually boggles the mind as to why they keep themselves so far behind the curve.
    Plus look up the S3 article on wikipedia, due to even loyal Apple fans saying positive things about it it was labelled an "iPhone killer." That probably got Apple all butthurt and started this BS lawsuit rampage they've been on trying to make it seem like the only reason Samsung makes great phones is cause they steal all their ideas from Apple. Even tho their phones are 2 years ahead of Apple's.

Sent from my HTC EVO 3D X515a using Android Central Forums
    Dambuzbee likes this.
    09-25-2012 11:34 AM
    I just read in several non US newspapers the riots were not over working conditions. It was more of a clan vs clan dispute. JMHO.
    09-25-2012 02:18 PM
    Plus look up the S3 article on wikipedia, due to even loyal Apple fans saying positive things about it it was labelled an "iPhone killer." That probably got Apple all butthurt and started this BS lawsuit rampage they've been on trying to make it seem like the only reason Samsung makes great phones is cause they steal all their ideas from Apple. Even tho their phones are 2 years ahead of Apple's.

Sent from my HTC EVO 3D X515a using Android Central Forums
    Thats just it, Apple has discovered they their NEW phone is still behind everyone's last years models. So this is their only way to get back at the competition. There is no argument that Apple has mastered the mass marketing machine to promote a product, they just have not figured out how to produce an up to date device in the phone market.
    09-25-2012 03:19 PM
    I just read in several non US newspapers the riots were not over working conditions. It was more of a clan vs clan dispute. JMHO.
    sounds right. id trust russia today or al jazeera english over UK or US news any day

global s3, UK. Ask me anything and ill reply even if its just an intelligent (or stupid) guess
    09-25-2012 03:20 PM
    That's what the authorities/government claim. The workers claim it was started by security guards beating workers. Honestly, the whole clan story sounds like an attempt to downplay/cover up what's really happening.

09-25-2012 03:37 PM
    nah the foreign press doesnt care about apple and russia today is very pro-china so id be more inclined to believe them.. having said that, theyr a bit anti-US....
    ill check out the press later from a few sources and then decide like i tend to do with most things

09-25-2012 03:42 PM
    I am a fan of Apple, I swear by my Mac and loved my iPhone (switched to the S3 recently, yet still think the iPhone is a great device) but all this stuff that Apple is doing with the lawsuits is a massive turn off. And it is not just with Samsung, Apple was also suing a small delicatessen the other day due to it's logo. Apple is being incredibly greedy and all this will eventually backfire on them. Never before I have seen so much discontent in Apple forums over the iPhone and iOS as I have been seing over the last year nor so much disappointment over an iOS release. Things are brewing up.
    I'm making the same move in a month Evoken. I have all the same stuff. How do you like the sgIII?
    09-25-2012 03:49 PM
    Kinda sad that instead of making their products better than competitors to be on top, they try put down the competitors to make it look like they're on top.
    09-25-2012 04:14 PM
    Someone seriously need to call out a hit on the head of Apple's Patent Office team cause this is getting ri--diculous. Does Apple think they own the mobile phone industry or something? This is why I'm proud to live in Canada. you Apple, you're rotten to the core.
    You didn't hear? Apple patented the entire idea of a smartphone......

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
    funkylogik and Dambuzbee like this.
    09-25-2012 04:18 PM
    You didn't hear? Apple patented the entire idea of a smartphone......

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
    The pic I posted would agree with you.

Thats just it, Apple has discovered they their NEW phone is still behind everyone's last years models. So this is their only way to get back at the competition. There is no argument that Apple has mastered the mass marketing machine to promote a product, they just have not figured out how to produce an up to date device in the phone market.
    Exactly.

Off-Topic: 50 likes on my posts! No big deal to many here but I'm proud of it. haha
    crackberrytraitor likes this.
    09-25-2012 04:22 PM
    The pic I posted would agree with you.

Exactly.

Off-Topic: 50 likes on my posts! No big deal to many here but I'm proud of it. haha
    can "likes" be seen on the AC app? im pretty proud of my "thanks" considering i mostly talk **** but dont know how many "likes" ive had
    pity its not like my old phone network where you get payed for helping users in the forum lol, i earned 150 in 6months (ive kept a sim active so still earning "payback".. 65 in 2months so far )

09-25-2012 04:40 PM
    can "likes" be seen on the AC app? im pretty proud of my "thanks" considering i mostly talk **** but dont know how many "likes" ive had
    pity its not like my old phone network where you get payed for helping users in the forum lol, i earned 150 in 6months (ive kept a sim active so still earning "payback".. 65 in 2months so far )

Haha nice. And I think you can go into your profile on the AC app so yes I'd say you could. And you should be proud of your likes. haha
    funkylogik likes this.
    09-25-2012 05:31 PM
80 1234