10-01-2012 08:00 PM
80 1234
tools
    i know it will never happen but what would happen if sammy flat decided not to deal with apple?

global s3, UK. Ask me anything and ill reply even if its just an intelligent (or stupid) guess
    Exactly considering the innards are Samsung
    09-25-2012 07:38 PM
    Its not gonna happen.. samsung is a much bigger company then that pathetic apple.. if anything they might or not might not get a ban on a device,not all of them tho. Highly unlikely to happen..

Sent from my S3(:
    09-25-2012 07:42 PM
    It's happening. Apple's being a whiny kid. AGAIN.
    SenseMonkey and Dambuzbee like this.
    09-25-2012 07:49 PM
    WTF?

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2
    09-25-2012 09:15 PM
    The problem Apple has always had is that they manage to bury genuine innovation under a mountain of hubris and arrogance and eventually their laziness is their undoing. Granted, they are so wildly successful selling their shiny toys to the iDiots with more dollars than sense that it's hard to see them stumbling, but their actions are not those of a bold innovator on top of their game but of a frightened, spent weakling attempting to use the broken patent and legal systems to sue their betters out of the marketplace because they can't compete with products anymore.

When you look honestly at Apple now, they make exactly one product that funds the whole shebang: the iPod Touch and its variants. Add a cell radio and it's an iPhone; make it bigger and it's an iPad; but other than RAM amounts and size, they're fundamentally the same thing. When Apple took the word "Computer" out of their name, you knew that they were selling shiny toys to mindless status mongers.

The Apple Achille's Heel is that they are so arrogant that once they've done something they can't improve on it because to improve would be to admit that it wasn't absolutely perfect the first time. Look at the iPhones: There have been six models, but actually there have only been two - the original and its 3G and 3GS speed bumps and the 4/4S/5 lines which switched it to aluminum bodies, "Retina" displays (which are a joke because they still aren't HD or as large as most Android phones, but are praised as the ultimate) but other than minor changes, they're more of the same. The additions to iOS like pull down notifications and multitasking have been shamelessly ripped off from WebOS and Android, but because of the herdthink of the tech press and the iHerds, people think Apple invented things like video conferencing just because they slapped a label like Facetime on what Nokia did years earlier.

While Apple may have sparked the evolution of smartphones with the OG iPhone five years ago, its progress since then has been merely evolutionary, not revolutionary as they and their iHerds want to believe. The UI is boring and unfriendly as anyone who has tried to set up an iDevice after using widget-crazy Android can attest, but will never change because that's the way they invented it and they. will. never. change. it. (There was an article by designer tearing them a new one for the stupid design of QuickTime 4 in 2000 and they never redesigned that, so you will be able to check the time, weather, and location from your homescreen never with Apple.) Compare the leaps Android handsets have made in just four years to the incremental baby-stepping Apple has done. I saw a shot of the original G1 the other day and it looks like it's 10 years old. The iPhone, meanwhile, is just iterative and still uses the giant space-wasting Home button. Android has taken time to get its manure gathered, but is now super-slick and configurable. Want to confuse an *****? Ask them about changing keyboards. Blank stares every time.

Now look at Apple's recent moves. They've screwed over everyone who has an iPod accessory from the past decade with their new Lightning connector and then screwed iWhatnot 5 users by forcing people to pay through the nose for proprietary chargers with chips inside that prevents cheaper options for consumers. I have a half-dozen micro-USB chargers from the various phones and tablets I've bought and that allows me to leave chargers all over - work, g/f's, car - to top off. It will cost iChumps another $100+ to be able to charge up their iToys. This doesn't even mention the cost of 30-pin-to-Lightning adapters.

What has revealed Apple's agenda with their jihad against Samsung is the schizophrenic claims they've been making. In true Orwellian manner, they are simultaneously claiming that Samsung is stealing rice from their bowl AND that they totally trounce Samsung in sales. Which is it? The numbers tell the tale of Android's lapping iOS in activations and Samsung is the biggest maker of cell phones and since they're kicking Apple's teeth in with quality and numbers around the world, Apple is attempting to sue them out of the market with cheap patent troll tactics. Instead of manning up and making something revolutionary again, they're trying to get Daddy Justice to get the mean people off the playground so they can have their monopoly again. A confident company would have responded to Samsung's challenge by making something even cooler. That they're crying for someone to make the bad company go away reveals that they can't innovate anymore and fear a repeat of their defeat in PCs.

The latest missteps with Apple Maps and those profoundly stupid celebrity Siri ads show how adrift Apple is behind the scenes. As much of a charlatan and personal piece of crap Steve Jobs was, he would NEVER have foisted buggy, alpha-quality garbage like the new Maps disaster onto his loyal flock, as much as he hated Google. Apple had a year left on their deal with Google for Maps and under Jobs, he would've been flogging his nerds or buying someone to make a working map app or would've simply bit the bullet and kept Google on for this one piece. Instead Apple screwed their iHerds over. Google should run ads for Android in general, taunting Apple for the junk they have and the hotness Google provides. Instead of those dumb ads for Chrome with the developers of Angry Birds talking about stuff that NO ONE WHO ISN'T A DEVELOPER CARES ABOUT, run an ad showing the differences between Google Maps and Apple Maps and tag it with, "The best and most accurate maps and free turn-by-turn navigation on every Android phone." BAM!!! Make it happen!

Still, knowing how scared Apple is doesn't help if corrupt judges and ignorant juries can be manipulated to protect the poor helpless American company against the mean yellow devil copycats. Sigh.
    SDRLS, D.Sandman, Benzter and 6 others like this.
    09-26-2012 10:19 AM
    Google should run ads for Android in general, taunting Apple for the junk they have and the hotness Google provides. Instead of those dumb ads for Chrome with the developers of Angry Birds talking about stuff that NO ONE WHO ISN'T A DEVELOPER CARES ABOUT, run an ad showing the differences between Google Maps and Apple Maps and tag it with, "The best and most accurate maps and free turn-by-turn navigation on every Android phone." BAM!!! Make it happen!
    This right here. I will never understand why on Earth they aren't marketing the benefits of Android. The folks at Google's marketing devision must be asleep or taking too many vacations because there is so much to the point marketing they can do to sell the benefits of their services and Android.

Even phone makers don't do a great job of showcasing benefits of their device. I'm tired of hearing about lightning fast 4G and the generic "Droid Does" statement - tell people WHAT the phone can do that is so special.

Rev.
    09-26-2012 10:48 AM
    Even if Apple won more money, they're just going to have to turn around and use it to pay the judgment in the wrongful death lawsuit of the first person that drives off a cliff following Apple Maps' directions
    09-26-2012 11:16 AM
    For the good of consumers as a whole, I really hope Samsung's lawyers can convince the judge to overturn the original verdict and order a new trial. The patent laws are ridiculous and only serve to stifle competition. Hope for the best on Dec 6th.
    funkylogik likes this.
    09-26-2012 11:51 AM
    This makes me so glad I live in Canada. Can't stop me from getting an S3 Apple, you're only weapon is powerless against non-American countries!

funkylogik likes this.
    09-26-2012 05:13 PM
    Hearing news about apple sueing again is starting to get old.
    I havent used my ipod touch in a long time.
    I dont plan on buying any apple products.
    I have never been a pro apple guy even before the lawsuits started.
    Since these lawsuits persist I will go out of my way not to buy apple products.
    funkylogik and Almeuit like this.
    09-26-2012 05:29 PM
    This makes me so glad I live in Canada. Can't stop me from getting an S3 Apple, you're only weapon is powerless against non-American countries!

http://imageshack.us/a/img18/6726/roflbotd.jpg
    The only problem is that if a phone isn't viable in the American market, it's often not produced. The exception would be the low end device market.

Sent from my One X using Android Central Forums
    09-26-2012 06:27 PM
    The only problem is that if a phone isn't viable in the American market, it's often not produced. The exception would be the low end device market.

Sent from my One X using Android Central Forums
    im not convinced how true that is mate tbh..

global s3, UK. Ask me anything and ill reply even if its just an intelligent (or stupid) guess
    09-26-2012 06:54 PM

http://imageshack.us/a/img18/6726/roflbotd.jpg
    lmao thats goin straight on FB
    usualy i try and keep my phone geek side away from my real-life but its gettin harder lately

09-26-2012 06:56 PM
    I have said it before. I will never own an apple product. My favorite phone mfg is HTC. But I have the Samsung 10.1 tab and love it. I see women shopping everyday and wanting a case for their iPhone or ipad. They don't just say phone they say iPhone. I am in retail and see it often. They think they are so cool.....I was using my tab on my break and someone thought it was cool. Not everyone is an apple fan. I can't be controlled like they want. I like to customize. I am glad to have my tablet. Its the best

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Android Central Forums
    09-26-2012 07:18 PM
    lmao thats goin straight on FB
    usualy i try and keep my phone geek side away from my real-life but its gettin harder lately

Wanna know something? I made that pic. Then posted it right away.
    funkylogik likes this.
    09-26-2012 08:30 PM
    lol can u suggest a good meme app mate? ive just recently started usin meme generater to poke fun of my mates (none suitable for a site like this lol)

09-26-2012 08:59 PM
    Well actually, all I did was search the S3 on Google Images to find one of someone holding an S3, then did the same for the Troll Face, renderized it, put it on top of the person's face in the first pic using Photoshop then saved it and found a site called roflbot - add text and captions to your pictures to add the text and ta-dah!

Took no more than 10 minutes.
    funkylogik likes this.
    09-26-2012 09:13 PM
    right mate thanks.
    too complex for me and i dont use computers so ill stick to apps

09-27-2012 12:21 AM
    Yeah I've often wondered how if any way does the U.S. court decision affect us here in Canada. I haven't heard of products being banned in Canada so I suppose we're ok. Sucks for my friends down in the U.S. especially if Apple is successful.
    09-27-2012 08:12 AM
    what about your poor Alaskan neighbours lol

09-27-2012 03:33 PM
    Yeah I've often wondered how if any way does the U.S. court decision affect us here in Canada. I haven't heard of products being banned in Canada so I suppose we're ok. Sucks for my friends down in the U.S. especially if Apple is successful.
    I really don't think it does. They're a separate country with their own laws. If they're stupid enough to let Apple win half-*** lawsuits like this and the one they recently won against Samsung then why should we suffer for their stupidity?

right mate thanks.
    too complex for me and i dont use computers so ill stick to apps

Haha whatever works for you. (I found an app that lets you make your own "Keep Calm and..." Posters.)
    funkylogik likes this.
    09-27-2012 03:38 PM
    I really don't think it does. They're a separate country with their own laws. If they're stupid enough to let Apple win half-*** lawsuits like this and the one they recently won against Samsung then why should we suffer for their stupidity?

Haha whatever works for you. (I found an app that lets you make your own "Keep Calm and..." Posters.)
    wots the name mate?

id like an app like meme generator but lets u adjust font and transparancy of text coz sometimes it hides good bits of my pics

09-27-2012 06:16 PM
    wots the name mate?

id like an app like meme generator but lets u adjust font and transparancy of text coz sometimes it hides good bits of my pics

Try picshop.
    funkylogik likes this.
    09-27-2012 06:52 PM
    Try picshop.
    merci bro

09-27-2012 06:55 PM
    wots the name mate?

Simply called Keep Calm. :P
    funkylogik likes this.
    09-27-2012 07:14 PM
80 1234