It's happening. Apple asks for ban of ALL Samsung smartphones and additional 700 million.

funkylogik

May 21, 2012
Visit site
although these battles are indirectly attacking google, i dont know if theyve ever tried a direct attack.
would be nice to see google pull out some moto patents, even as just a threat to leave their OEMs alone :)

global s3, UK. Ask me anything and ill reply even if its just an intelligent (or stupid) guess ;)

Rev2010

Oct 26, 2010
Visit site
Here's the thing though, Apple keeps moving away from Samsung's parts. IMO, it's just a matter of time they stop using Sammy parts entirely. They already stopped using their memory and their screens. So the A6 is Samsung built this time around, what about next time? Apple is making a strong effort to find other suppliers. I just hope the whole suit gets thrown out. I'm sorry, but if Apple not only lost in Asian courts but now also in GERMANY that says something to me about what a farce this trial was. Still, if the judge won't throw out the verdict they can appeal.

Rev.

funkylogik

May 21, 2012
Visit site
Here's the thing though, Apple keeps moving away from Samsung's parts. IMO, it's just a matter of time they stop using Sammy parts entirely. They already stopped using their memory and their screens. So the A6 is Samsung built this time around, what about next time? Apple is making a strong effort to find other suppliers. I just hope the whole suit gets thrown out. I'm sorry, but if Apple not only lost in Asian courts but now also in GERMANY that says something to me about what a farce this trial was. Still, if the judge won't throw out the verdict they can appeal.

Rev.

very true mate. i think apple would LOVE to be self sufficient but wonder if theyd use a US workforce??

yeah its a complete joke. thats why its the US patent laws im against more than apple.. leave a hole in some chicken wire and a fox will eat em! (ha did i sound redneck american there?) :p

global s3, UK. Ask me anything and ill reply even if its just an intelligent (or stupid) guess ;)

xlDeMoNiClx

Jan 4, 2012
Visit site
very true mate. i think apple would LOVE to be self sufficient but wonder if theyd use a US workforce??

yeah its a complete joke. thats why its the US patent laws im against more than apple.. leave a hole in some chicken wire and a fox will eat em! (ha did i sound redneck american there?) :p

Maybe a little. :p

MangoPowah

Aug 6, 2012
Visit site
To me, it looks like history's repeating itself, but this time in the tech world. Napoleon was way in over his head and ended up having his butt handed to him, then Adolf, and now it's Apple. They're just going to sue left and right, til they're the only ones left and there's only them left. Eventually, people will stop buying their products due to a lack of choice and variety in the market and Apple will fall.

Just my two cents.

Sent from my HTC One X

NewMind83

Aug 8, 2012
Visit site
Part of me doesn't quite believe this yet, as I'm not seeing it anywhere else aside from examiner.com, and they aren't always the most reliable source of information. If it is true, I truly hope the American courts will have finally figured out that Apple has jumped the shark with all this BS and put them in their place, finally.

swyost

Mar 21, 2012
Visit site
Some people are really becoming laughably paranoid. This is the expected move after the ruling. They ask for the world in one direction and Samsung does the same in the other direction. Neither get what they "want" but neither actually really expected that they would. In all likelihood Apple will get a financial award and a couple devices added to current list. Samsung may also get a couple devices taken off the list and will settle in the end. Samsung will then fire a bunch of lawyers and be thankful the situation was not worse since 1) they really did lose a case because the evidence was on the side of the plaintiffs, and 2) they could have settled a couple years ago and paid less in royalties to Apple than they will pay between the litigation and damages award. This is just SOP for damages litigation. Some around here are getting as paranoid as the BlackBerry types seeing government and media conspiracies against RIM....

crackberrytraitor

May 10, 2012
Visit site
To me, it looks like history's repeating itself, but this time in the tech world. Napoleon was way in over his head and ended up having his butt handed to him, then Adolf, and now it's Apple. They're just going to sue left and right, til they're the only ones left and there's only them left. Eventually, people will stop buying their products due to a lack of choice and variety in the market and Apple will fall.

Just my two cents.

Sent from my HTC One X

Apple: The Adolf Hitler of tech.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums

crackberrytraitor

May 10, 2012
Visit site
Part of me doesn't quite believe this yet, as I'm not seeing it anywhere else aside from examiner.com, and they aren't always the most reliable source of information. If it is true, I truly hope the American courts will have finally figured out that Apple has jumped the shark with all this BS and put them in their place, finally.

Just Google news "Apple ban all Samsung" pretty much every major news group reported it. I just linked the examiner because I liked the pic they had.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums

blade22222

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
I think apple is trying to bankrupt Samsung. Then they take them over and no more paying someone else to get there hardware. Possibly?

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Android Central Forums

EvilMonkey

Jun 4, 2010
Visit site
I think apple is trying to bankrupt Samsung. Then they take them over and no more paying someone else to get there hardware. Possibly?

I think it's more about scaring them and other Android manufacturers (like HTC) into questioning putting out Android handsets for fear of being sued. i.e. they're trying to destroy Android by scaring the manufacturers away from it.

Without actually looking up what Samsung is worth, I think it would be pretty hard to bankrupt them. They aren't just a phone company. But if Apple can make the Android portion of their business unprofitable, it may persuade them to not put out Android phones. Same with HTC.....HTC can't afford a billion dollar hit (at least I don't think they can).

cgardnervt

Jun 24, 2011
Visit site
I think Apple has gone full blow IMO.

So what they won a court battle. If this does work out for Apple then America deserves its monopoly THEY MADE. I still wont buy an iPhone. I mean if apple came out with something new and cool I would have given them a chance! But not anymore. I just lost all interest in them as a company. They stole from Palm to be realistic. But I get that. That's is what makes technology go round. They are just out to ruin it for the consumer. I'd rather have a dumb phone to be honest. I mean hell I don't even capitalize its name anymore...Oh well.

/End of rant...

CJ

XChrisX

Jun 24, 2012
Visit site
Microsoft would love the elimination of Samsung so they could gain a better market for windows phone.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2
How do you figure, Samsung makes Windows Phone 8 devices. Plus they're a major player with Windows PC as well. Apple is just bitter because the Galaxy S3 is actually selling really well. If the Galaxy family of devices were a flop, Apple wouldn't care.

tarnak

Jan 6, 2012
Visit site
How do you figure, Samsung makes Windows Phone 8 devices. Plus they're a major player with Windows PC as well. Apple is just bitter because the Galaxy S3 is actually selling really well. If the Galaxy family of devices were a flop, Apple wouldn't care.

You got that right, just look at some of the latest competitor advertisements for the gs3, they go right after the I5s "NEW" features that the galaxy line has had for a long time. Its rather funny to watch them. Iphone users just seam to be impressed with very little innovation I guess and buy it up like crazy. But because Apple has a severe lack of creative and innovative talent, the only thing they can go is go after their competitors through the courts to stop them from releasing products that are much better and use features that have been on the market for some time that for some reason Apple is slow or reluctant to embrace. I know they could sell way more phones then they do now if they incorporated even just a few of the features all of the other manufactures use. it actually boggles the mind as to why they keep themselves so far behind the curve.

xlDeMoNiClx

Jan 4, 2012
Visit site
You got that right, just look at some of the latest competitor advertisements for the gs3, they go right after the I5s "NEW" features that the galaxy line has had for a long time. Its rather funny to watch them. Iphone users just seam to be impressed with very little innovation I guess and buy it up like crazy. But because Apple has a severe lack of creative and innovative talent, the only thing they can go is go after their competitors through the courts to stop them from releasing products that are much better and use features that have been on the market for some time that for some reason Apple is slow or reluctant to embrace. I know they could sell way more phones then they do now if they incorporated even just a few of the features all of the other manufactures use. it actually boggles the mind as to why they keep themselves so far behind the curve.

Plus look up the S3 article on wikipedia, due to even loyal Apple fans saying positive things about it it was labelled an "iPhone killer." That probably got Apple all butthurt and started this BS lawsuit rampage they've been on trying to make it seem like the only reason Samsung makes great phones is cause they steal all their ideas from Apple. Even tho their phones are 2 years ahead of Apple's.

Sent from my HTC EVO 3D X515a using Android Central Forums

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vignajeanniegolabek