Any apps that give you a constant ics dock?

Apr 10, 2012
Visit site
Since there are apps like smart task bar that allows a constant icon to be on your screen, i know it's possible to have a constant ics dock like the galaxy Nexus

But I've never found one in the marketplace, so my question is, is there any app that gives you the constant ics dock like the Nexus or is it only possible with root?

On my Samsung galaxy s3 running android 4.0

Because unlike ios, i keep my apps in app drawers, and not in infinite cluttered homescreens

Apr 10, 2012
Visit site
Not sure if I'm using the correct terminology but I mean the onscreen icons the Nexus has and if any app can do that in the marketplace, thx

Because unlike ios, i keep my apps in app drawers, and not in infinite cluttered homescreens

funkylogik

May 21, 2012
Visit site
not sure mate but wouldnt it be a waste of screen space?
i wouldnt mind if s3 screen was bigger but not bigger in actual size. id hapily sacrifice the home and capacitive buttons.
would apps work on it properly though if it thinks its in a s3 but has a gnex layout?

global s3, UK. Ask me anything and ill reply even if its just an intelligent (or stupid) guess ;)

Apr 10, 2012
Visit site
not sure mate but wouldnt it be a waste of screen space?
i wouldnt mind if s3 screen was bigger but not bigger in actual size. id hapily sacrifice the home and capacitive buttons.
would apps work on it properly though if it thinks its in a s3 but has a gnex layout?

global s3, UK. Ask me anything and ill reply even if its just an intelligent (or stupid) guess ;)

Well it would be like an overlay, like how the smart task bar icon works in that it overlays into apps and what not

Basically I want my GS3 to be a nexus, but with the SGS3 software and screen size, lol

funkylogik

May 21, 2012
Visit site
lol i know what you mean mate. back in java phone days i had the sony ericsson k750 (classic phone) but there was a white/orange Walkman version version with same specs and i so wanted mine to be it so i bought the walkman earbuds, big memory card and used a walkman wallpaper lol
*i really am sad* :)

funkylogik

May 21, 2012
Visit site
:)
any joy in finding an app mate? i agree that it must be physicly possible
im so loving wave control btw mate. cheers for that :)

Apr 10, 2012
Visit site
:)
any joy in finding an app mate? i agree that it must be physicly possible
im so loving wave control btw mate. cheers for that :)

Haven't found anything yet but found another app that does what smart Tasker does, called swipe pad

Pretty good

funkylogik

May 21, 2012
Visit site
kewl. il download it and put it on my "sandroidpit" screen to experiment with 2moro :)

Tkbredx

Apr 8, 2012
Visit site
had swipe pad too. It's even worse in my opinion lol. Maybe my expectations are to high for gestures/swipes coming from webOS haha

And the three buttons are definitely possible with root but Idk about an app. I doubt it

funkylogik

May 21, 2012
Visit site
had swipe pad too. It's even worse in my opinion lol. Maybe my expectations are to high for gestures/swipes coming from webOS haha

And the three buttons are definitely possible with root but Idk about an app. I doubt it

think an app would be technicaly possible though brer? (brer=Glasgow slang for bro/brother lol)

Apr 10, 2012
Visit site

Yea, i figured it is possible without root because smart task bar has a constant icon, so why not an ics bar? Lol

I just use these apps to multi task while in apps, so I don't complain much