10-04-2012 07:49 PM
80 1234
tools
    Just bought the shield yesterday...will get updated on how it works

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Android Central Forums
    Dizzo1992 and MasterSensei69 like this.
    09-26-2012 10:54 AM
    After seeing this thread yesterday, I ran out to Best Buy last night to pick up one of these bad boys. The Best Buy experience wasn't all that great as the employee was almost less than helpful. He told me "there was no such item, what's on the shelf is what they have, etc." I then told him, their website says it's available for "in store pick-up" and asked what would happen if I clicked "pay now" and chose to pick it up in the store? Wouldn't you have find it then because it's been paid for? He then replied their website isn't always right. So, I told him to check HIS computer, I have the SKU right here. He reluctantly did so, and was surprised to see that they had 10 in stock and then had to do some searching around. He eventually found them in a cabinet buried behind about a hundred of the iPhone 5 version of the screen protectors. I told him "Thank you" with a smile and I could tell he was a little upset at me for being right and making him do some work. Oh, how I love proving "know-it-all" tech employees wrong!

I put the InvisableShield Extreme screen protector on my SGS3 last night. It was a tad bit more work than the static protectors as this one was a "wet adhesive" protector and the first time I have applied a "wet adhesive" protector. When all was said and done, it seemed a little easier than dry protectors because you could tweak it a bit to get it perfectly straight because it would slide around on the glass before you squeegee'd it. I let it dry overnight and it look great today. So much so, I decided to go ahead and rock my SGS3 without a case today! It remains to be seen how long that confidence lasts, but it does look nice naked.
    MasterSensei69 and funkylogik like this.
    09-26-2012 11:18 AM
    wow! lol
    MasterSensei69 likes this.
    09-26-2012 11:28 AM
    After seeing this thread yesterday, I ran out to Best Buy last night to pick up one of these bad boys. The Best Buy experience wasn't all that great as the employee was almost less than helpful. He told me "there was no such item, what's on the shelf is what they have, etc." I then told him, their website says it's available for "in store pick-up" and asked what would happen if I clicked "pay now" and chose to pick it up in the store? Wouldn't you have find it then because it's been paid for? He then replied their website isn't always right. So, I told him to check HIS computer, I have the SKU right here. He reluctantly did so, and was surprised to see that they had 10 in stock and then had to do some searching around. He eventually found them in a cabinet buried behind about a hundred of the iPhone 5 version of the screen protectors. I told him "Thank you" with a smile and I could tell he was a little upset at me for being right and making him do some work. Oh, how I love proving "know-it-all" tech employees wrong!

I put the InvisableShield Extreme screen protector on my SGS3 last night. It was a tad bit more work than the static protectors as this one was a "wet adhesive" protector and the first time I have applied a "wet adhesive" protector. When all was said and done, it seemed a little easier than dry protectors because you could tweak it a bit to get it perfectly straight because it would slide around on the glass before you squeegee'd it. I let it dry overnight and it look great today. So much so, I decided to go ahead and rock my SGS3 without a case today! It remains to be seen how long that confidence lasts, but it does look nice naked.
    Glad you showed that guy whos boss! lol but how does the screen quality look is the screen an orangeish color? I think they said it might take like 3 days to fully settle in or something not positive though. And does your fingers glide easily over stuff without loosing touch sensitivity? And I totally agree rocking the S3 naked feels so much better I just enjoy sliding it in and out of my jeans with it naked haha
    MasterSensei69 likes this.
    09-26-2012 11:42 AM
    The screen quality is the same... so far. No haze or discoloration. The instructions did say to leave the phone powered off for 12-24 hours while it dries. I turned it back on after about 3 hours just to check it out and I didn't have any issues but proceeded to let it dry overnight. The instructions also said there may be micro bubbles for 2-3 days but I didn't see any this morning. The instructions also stated to use plenty of the adhesive spray to minimize the bubbles, so I did. I probably went overboard with the spray because my phone was soaked as I squeegee'd it. So far the protector feels smooth when using the phone, but it is only the first day and is brand now, so maybe after an extended period of time and some heavy use, that could change. My only concern right now is the fact the screen protector doesn't go to the edge of the bezel and stops where the glass curves. The reason for my concern is while I'm happily swiping around on my phone, I often go to the very edge of the phone and can feel the end of protector and am afraid there eventually will be some "lift" along the edges. But that is nothing new or different from the dry protectors. However, Zagg does offer a lifetime warranty of the screen protector for the life of your phone, so I probably will register, so I can get a free replacement if the protector starts to peel off.
    Dizzo1992 and Tkbredx like this.
    09-26-2012 12:07 PM
    That sounds great I will probably pick one up shortly hate how you have to wait so long to let it dry but I will live haha. And I do like the 45 day money back guarantee and lifetime warranty that's always a plus!

The amazing galaxy s3
    09-26-2012 12:18 PM
    You popped out the otterbox screen protector right?
    Of course,would look like crap if i didnt.

Sent from my S3(:
    09-26-2012 02:54 PM
    wish scotland had Best Buy lol id spend hours in there

global s3, UK. Ask me anything and ill reply even if its just an intelligent (or stupid) guess
    Do you have Microcenter over there?
    09-26-2012 05:16 PM
    Picking it up tomorrow at best buy can't wait!

The amazing galaxy s3
    funkylogik likes this.
    09-26-2012 06:28 PM
    Do you have Microcenter over there?
    dont think so man...

global s3, UK. Ask me anything and ill reply even if its just an intelligent (or stupid) guess
    09-26-2012 07:59 PM
    I have used bestskinsever for years and like them better than Invisible Shield.

They feel better and they much cheaper.

I won't be testing mine with a hammer however.
    09-26-2012 08:38 PM
    Edited due to return of sense
    09-26-2012 09:00 PM
    Nope. I mean this screen protector, just like this one, different brand check it out. I found out about it on xda.

Bond32 likes this.
    09-26-2012 11:17 PM
    To anybody that has the screen protector...at first did you get some grey dots on the screen? And does it go away?

09-26-2012 11:44 PM
    That screen protector does look pretty tough as well. Wonder how the clarity is on it.
    09-27-2012 09:28 AM
    T My only concern right now is the fact the screen protector doesn't go to the edge of the bezel and stops where the glass curves. The reason for my concern is while I'm happily swiping around on my phone, I often go to the very edge of the phone and can feel the end of protector and am afraid there eventually will be some "lift" along the edges. But that is nothing new or different from the dry protectors. However, Zagg does offer a lifetime warranty of the screen protector for the life of your phone, so I probably will register, so I can get a free replacement if the protector starts to peel off.
    This was the selling point for me. I bought the original Zagg and my case tore it off (waited a day to put the case on). Then i bought the Zagg HD and waited 3 days and again the case tore it off. The extreme is called case friendly and its specifically designed to allow the case to go on. I put my case on after about 3 hours and its perfect.

I did get the grey spots, but they have disappeared now.

I have always had a Zagg on my phones, back from my early BB days, was feeling exposed, but now I feel good again!
    Steverino53 likes this.
    09-27-2012 10:06 PM
    is there a moulded screen protector that covers every peice of glass from rim to rim including where the glass "curves" to meet the fake chrome rim?

09-27-2012 10:14 PM
    I just put my extreme on now waiting till the morning to turn it on now (waiting 12 hours) Have a little clouding right now but think thats regular and should go away.
    09-27-2012 10:20 PM
    Pretty expensive... Would be good to see a comparison to some of the tempered glass protectors.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2
    09-27-2012 10:50 PM
    Update on mine still have a little clouding turned the phone on looks pretty clear just like without it I don't see any color problems. It is a little thick like I can feel it while pulling down the menu from up top and around the home button. It's not too bad though and it doesn't mess with the touch sensitivity which is a good thing.

The amazing galaxy s3
    09-28-2012 10:28 AM
    To anybody that has the screen protector...at first did you get some grey dots on the screen? And does it go away?

Yes. The day after I applied the protector everything seem really clear. A day or two later, there were some small gray spots where it looked as though I didn't squeegee it well enough in those places. As of today, those gray spots are gone and the protector is clear again and still smooth when swiping.
    09-28-2012 11:35 AM
    is there a moulded screen protector that covers every peice of glass from rim to rim including where the glass "curves" to meet the fake chrome rim?

Yes. Spigen offers 3 solutions, but other than the reviews on their site, I have yet to hear of anybody actually using them or seen any non-Spigen video demos.

Samsung Galaxy S3 Screen Protector Steinheil Flex HD Series | SPIGEN SGP

Samsung Galaxy S3 Screen Protector GLAS Premium Tempered Glass Series | SPIGEN SGP

http://www.spigen.com/cell-phone/sam...d-crystal.html
    funkylogik likes this.
    09-28-2012 11:47 AM
    I'd love to dump my case and get one of these, bulking up the SG3 with a case seems to defeat the purpose of a slim phone. I have insurance so worst case I am out of a phone for a week and get a refurbished replacement. Most phone accidents involve water and no everyday case is realistic for that risk.

My concern is if I don't like the screen protector can I get it off? I looked at protectors a few years ago and Best Buy offered a service to put it on and said if I did it myself and screwed it up (bubbles, wrinkles, or crooked) I was out of luck. Since then I never had any interest in adding something permanent over my screen that I may not like.

Also, is there something like this to protect the camera lens? If I lose the case the lens cover is exposed to scuffs and scratches anytime I set the phone on it's back or slide it in and out of my pocket.
    09-28-2012 01:11 PM
    I'd love to dump my case and get one of these, bulking up the SG3 with a case seems to defeat the purpose of a slim phone. I have insurance so worst case I am out of a phone for a week and get a refurbished replacement. Most phone accidents involve water and no everyday case is realistic for that risk.

My concern is if I don't like the screen protector can I get it off? I looked at protectors a few years ago and Best Buy offered a service to put it on and said if I did it myself and screwed it up (bubbles, wrinkles, or crooked) I was out of luck. Since then I never had any interest in adding something permanent over my screen that I may not like.

Also, is there something like this to protect the camera lens? If I lose the case the lens cover is exposed to scuffs and scratches anytime I set the phone on it's back or slide it in and out of my pocket.
    I would say give it a try. I put mine on right now doesn't look as good a little cloudy but they said that should go away in a day or two. I put it on myself wasn't hard at all. If you want best buy to do it its like $7 and if you don't like it it does come off nothing is permanent. Zagg gives you a lifetime warranty which is nice and I'm pretty sure best buy does a 30 or 45 money back guarantee I'm pretty sure. The front camera is exposed but it should be fine I would say give it a try I'm rocking a slim vase just for the metal sides and back and this feels better than a bulky case hope this helps!

The amazing galaxy s3
    09-28-2012 01:50 PM
    Yes. Spigen offers 3 solutions, but other than the reviews on their site, I have yet to hear of anybody actually using them or seen any non-Spigen video demos.

Samsung Galaxy S3 Screen Protector Steinheil Flex HD Series | SPIGEN SGP

Samsung Galaxy S3 Screen Protector GLAS Premium Tempered Glass Series | SPIGEN SGP

Samsung Galaxy S3 Screen Protector Steinheil Curved Crystal | SPIGEN SGP
    The reviews for these are pretty bad on Amazon and a lot of XDA people had issues with the Glas one. Why? The Glas protector is not the same as the Glas.t protector. The Glas one mainly adheres to the edges and thus creates a small gap between the screen and protector so the responsiveness is pretty bad. I almost got this one but was happy I didn't waste the $40.
    09-28-2012 02:40 PM
80 1234