This might be a winner

vr002sh

Feb 11, 2011
Visit site
T My only concern right now is the fact the screen protector doesn't go to the edge of the bezel and stops where the glass curves. The reason for my concern is while I'm happily swiping around on my phone, I often go to the very edge of the phone and can feel the end of protector and am afraid there eventually will be some "lift" along the edges. But that is nothing new or different from the dry protectors. However, Zagg does offer a lifetime warranty of the screen protector for the life of your phone, so I probably will register, so I can get a free replacement if the protector starts to peel off.

This was the selling point for me. I bought the original Zagg and my case tore it off (waited a day to put the case on). Then i bought the Zagg HD and waited 3 days and again the case tore it off. The extreme is called case friendly and its specifically designed to allow the case to go on. I put my case on after about 3 hours and its perfect.

I did get the grey spots, but they have disappeared now.

I have always had a Zagg on my phones, back from my early BB days, was feeling exposed, but now I feel good again!

funkylogik

May 21, 2012
Visit site
is there a moulded screen protector that covers every peice of glass from rim to rim including where the glass "curves" to meet the fake chrome rim?

global s3, UK. Ask me anything and ill reply even if its just an intelligent (or stupid) guess ;)

Dizzo1992

Jul 25, 2012
Visit site
I just put my extreme on now waiting till the morning to turn it on now (waiting 12 hours) Have a little clouding right now but think thats regular and should go away.

Bond32

Jun 27, 2010
Visit site
Pretty expensive... Would be good to see a comparison to some of the tempered glass protectors.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

Dizzo1992

Jul 25, 2012
Visit site
Update on mine still have a little clouding turned the phone on looks pretty clear just like without it I don't see any color problems. It is a little thick like I can feel it while pulling down the menu from up top and around the home button. It's not too bad though and it doesn't mess with the touch sensitivity which is a good thing.

The amazing galaxy s3 :D

evq.003

Mar 16, 2011
Visit site
To anybody that has the screen protector...at first did you get some grey dots on the screen? And does it go away?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Android Central Forums

Yes. The day after I applied the protector everything seem really clear. A day or two later, there were some small gray spots where it looked as though I didn't squeegee it well enough in those places. As of today, those gray spots are gone and the protector is clear again and still smooth when swiping.

evq.003

Mar 16, 2011
Visit site
is there a moulded screen protector that covers every peice of glass from rim to rim including where the glass "curves" to meet the fake chrome rim?

global s3, UK. Ask me anything and ill reply even if its just an intelligent (or stupid) guess ;)

Yes. Spigen offers 3 solutions, but other than the reviews on their site, I have yet to hear of anybody actually using them or seen any non-Spigen video demos.

Samsung Galaxy S3 Screen Protector Steinheil Flex HD Series | SPIGEN SGP

Samsung Galaxy S3 Screen Protector GLAS Premium Tempered Glass Series | SPIGEN SGP

http://www.spigen.com/cell-phone/sa...creen-protector-steinheil-curved-crystal.html

Last edited:

paradroid

Aug 26, 2010
Visit site
I'd love to dump my case and get one of these, bulking up the SG3 with a case seems to defeat the purpose of a slim phone. I have insurance so worst case I am out of a phone for a week and get a refurbished replacement. Most phone accidents involve water and no everyday case is realistic for that risk.

My concern is if I don't like the screen protector can I get it off? I looked at protectors a few years ago and Best Buy offered a service to put it on and said if I did it myself and screwed it up (bubbles, wrinkles, or crooked) I was out of luck. Since then I never had any interest in adding something permanent over my screen that I may not like.

Also, is there something like this to protect the camera lens? If I lose the case the lens cover is exposed to scuffs and scratches anytime I set the phone on it's back or slide it in and out of my pocket.

Dizzo1992

Jul 25, 2012
Visit site
I'd love to dump my case and get one of these, bulking up the SG3 with a case seems to defeat the purpose of a slim phone. I have insurance so worst case I am out of a phone for a week and get a refurbished replacement. Most phone accidents involve water and no everyday case is realistic for that risk.

My concern is if I don't like the screen protector can I get it off? I looked at protectors a few years ago and Best Buy offered a service to put it on and said if I did it myself and screwed it up (bubbles, wrinkles, or crooked) I was out of luck. Since then I never had any interest in adding something permanent over my screen that I may not like.

Also, is there something like this to protect the camera lens? If I lose the case the lens cover is exposed to scuffs and scratches anytime I set the phone on it's back or slide it in and out of my pocket.

I would say give it a try. I put mine on right now doesn't look as good a little cloudy but they said that should go away in a day or two. I put it on myself wasn't hard at all. If you want best buy to do it its like $7 and if you don't like it it does come off nothing is permanent. Zagg gives you a lifetime warranty which is nice and I'm pretty sure best buy does a 30 or 45 money back guarantee I'm pretty sure. The front camera is exposed but it should be fine I would say give it a try I'm rocking a slim vase just for the metal sides and back and this feels better than a bulky case hope this helps!

Tarpit_Carnivore

Jul 4, 2010
Visit site
Yes. Spigen offers 3 solutions, but other than the reviews on their site, I have yet to hear of anybody actually using them or seen any non-Spigen video demos.

Samsung Galaxy S3 Screen Protector Steinheil Flex HD Series | SPIGEN SGP

Samsung Galaxy S3 Screen Protector GLAS Premium Tempered Glass Series | SPIGEN SGP

Samsung Galaxy S3 Screen Protector Steinheil Curved Crystal | SPIGEN SGP

The reviews for these are pretty bad on Amazon and a lot of XDA people had issues with the Glas one. Why? The Glas protector is not the same as the Glas.t protector. The Glas one mainly adheres to the edges and thus creates a small gap between the screen and protector so the responsiveness is pretty bad. I almost got this one but was happy I didn't waste the $40.

paradroid

Aug 26, 2010
Visit site
I was searching for the Zagg at Amazon and spotted the ArmorSuit MilitaryShield - it makes the same claims as the Zagg:
  • Optically Crystal Clear & Non-sticky outer surface
  • Self-healing technology , Military grade material engineered for your specific device
  • Reduces Grease & Fingerprint, Scratch Proof Protection & Abrasion, erosion, scratch, puncture, and impact resistant
  • ArmorSuit Lifetime Replacement Warranty *Made in the USA*

However, what I like about it is that it fits the entire front face of the phone, no lip from the shield around the edge of the screen - that's a good thing right?

I could not find any hammer smashing videos though.

My thought is to combine a top screen protector with an Ultra slim case that will give the phone grip, keep the camera lens off any surface I place the phone on and add very little bulk. This way I have some protection while being almost naked.

Last edited:

evq.003

Mar 16, 2011
Visit site
The reviews for these are pretty bad on Amazon and a lot of XDA people had issues with the Glas one. Why? The Glas protector is not the same as the Glas.t protector. The Glas one mainly adheres to the edges and thus creates a small gap between the screen and protector so the responsiveness is pretty bad. I almost got this one but was happy I didn't waste the $40.

Glad to hear. I almost picked up the Glas protector for myself.

Dizzo1992

Jul 25, 2012
Visit site
I was searching for the Zagg at Amazon and spotted the ArmorSuit MilitaryShield - it makes the same claims as the Zagg:
  • Optically Crystal Clear & Non-sticky outer surface
  • Self-healing technology , Military grade material engineered for your specific device
  • Reduces Grease & Fingerprint, Scratch Proof Protection & Abrasion, erosion, scratch, puncture, and impact resistant
  • ArmorSuit Lifetime Replacement Warranty *Made in the USA*

However, what I like about it is that it fits the entire front face of the phone, no lip from the shield around the edge of the screen - that's a good thing right?

I could not find any hammer smashing videos though.

My thought is to combine a top screen protector with an Ultra slim case that will give the phone grip, keep the camera lens off any surface I place the phone on and add very little bulk. This way I have some protection while being almost naked.

That's a pretty good idea got a link to the screen protector? And if it covers the whole phone might be hard to get a case on it unless it's like a slim back protector. I'm rocking my zagg extreme with a small back case doesn't have raised edges so it's pretty slim. Slides good in and out of my pockets.

paradroid

Aug 26, 2010
Visit site
Here is a link to the amorsuit at Amazon

I wouldn't use the back of phone amorsuit since I'll have an ultra thin case that will offer a bit more protection in case of a drop. But with this slim case I feel I'll need a screen protector. Then I'll use my bulkier CaseMate for those times I feel I need a bit more protection.

Dizzo1992

Jul 25, 2012
Visit site
That one also looks pretty good lots of positive reviews. I just want my extreme make the cloudiness go away then I will start enjoying it. My friend smashed it a couple time with a microphone held up well :D

Ricky20

Sep 20, 2012
Visit site
So after a couple of days the grey spots are officially gone. And the screen is working perfect. Already dropped by phone and not one scratch or crack

Dizzo1992

Jul 25, 2012
Visit site
So after a couple of days the grey spots are officially gone. And the screen is working perfect. Already dropped by phone and not one scratch or crack

Good to hear my Grey clouds spots are slowly going away iv only had it on for a day though.

paradroid

Aug 26, 2010
Visit site
After seeing this thread yesterday, I ran out to Best Buy last night to pick up one of these bad boys. The Best Buy experience wasn't all that great as the employee was almost less than helpful. He told me "there was no such item, what's on the shelf is what they have, etc." I then told him, their website says it's available for "in store pick-up" and asked what would happen if I clicked "pay now" and chose to pick it up in the store? Wouldn't you have find it then because it's been paid for? He then replied their website isn't always right. So, I told him to check HIS computer, I have the SKU right here. He reluctantly did so, and was surprised to see that they had 10 in stock and then had to do some searching around. He eventually found them in a cabinet buried behind about a hundred of the iPhone 5 version of the screen protectors. I told him "Thank you" with a smile and I could tell he was a little upset at me for being right and making him do some work. Oh, how I love proving "know-it-all" tech employees wrong!

The exact same thing happened to me today! I asked for the ZAGG - InvisibleSHIELD Extreme and one of the guys busy selling phones at his computer said all they have is right there on the wall and if it is not there they don't have it. I told him I saw it online and he said it must be online only - I said this store has 5 of them. He shrugged. I remembered your post so I stood there and stared to order store pickup on my phone. I was about to do final checkout and finally another guy humored me (and probably wanted me out of there) and decided to look it up on his computer. After a few minutes he said he'll be right back... then about 3 minutes later he walked back with 5 of them. The one guy who refused to help me was still sitting there, and I made sure he saw the guy walk up with all five. Unbelievable.

If you are going to get these at Best Buy and you don't see them by the phones, go to another part of the store where they will be happy to look something up for you. The people selling the phones are too busy activating new iPhones and GS3s to worry about accessories.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech