I would like to know while typing a message and you accidentally enter the wrong text (like in the middle of a word) how do you backspace without deleting
    the whole word? I have had so much trouble with this sensitive keyboard I want to scream! When I make a typing mistakes I would like to be able to just go
    back and correct the wrong text.
    09-25-2012 08:02 PM
    Best bet is to downlaod an app from the Play Store. I like Jelly Bean Keyboard by JOHNTANMI ( watch the video on how to activate and use it ) and alot of other posters like Swiftkey. Just like you I find the stock keyboard hard to use and just dont like it.
    riderrick65 likes this.
    09-25-2012 08:34 PM
    I use Swype. After trying many keyboards, I found that Swype is the best. You don't have to type accurately to get the word you want. Just type a way and the majority of the time, you get the word you want.
    riderrick65 likes this.
    09-25-2012 08:42 PM
    Just touch the word you want to change and a blue cursor should appear and just move that around to the part you want to delete.. Ex: Like so..

Sent from my S3(:
    Attached Thumbnails ?Question about using keyboard-uploadfromtaptalk1348620379828.jpg  
    funkylogik and riderrick65 like this.
    09-25-2012 08:46 PM
    smart keyboard pro uses the volume keys to move cursor back and forward.
    also a lot of keypads have like an option to bring up arrows to move the cursor

global s3, UK. Ask me anything and ill reply even if its just an intelligent (or stupid) guess
    09-27-2012 08:45 PM
    As already mentioned by SenseMonkey you can just tap where you want to edit, after that placemarker shows up you can drag the arrow wherever you need to move it. You can also enable arrow keys but they take up space. I highly suggest though to try out Swiftkey 3 from the Play Store. There's a free 30 day trial but for the full version it's like $3.99 but I just checked and it's on sale for 99 cents! Even at the full price it is soooo worth it, just set it up for how you type and go. It's far superior to the iPhone keyboard and every other keyboard on Android that I've personally tried (Stock Motorola and Samsung, Ultra Keyboard, and Smart Keyboard Pro).

Rev.
    funkylogik likes this.
    09-27-2012 09:35 PM
    As already mentioned by SenseMonkey you can just tap where you want to edit, after that placemarker shows up you can drag the arrow wherever you need to move it. You can also enable arrow keys but they take up space. I highly suggest though to try out Swiftkey 3 from the Play Store. There's a free 30 day trial but for the full version it's like $3.99 but I just checked and it's on sale for 99 cents! Even at the full price it is soooo worth it, just set it up for how you type and go. It's far superior to the iPhone keyboard and every other keyboard on Android that I've personally tried (Stock Motorola and Samsung, Ultra Keyboard, and Smart Keyboard Pro).

Rev.
    does it work in t9 layout like i use mate?
    ?Question about using keyboard-uploadfromtaptalk1348799533789.jpg

global s3, UK. Ask me anything and ill reply even if its just an intelligent (or stupid) guess
    09-27-2012 10:32 PM
    Thnx. everyone, I took the plunge and bought the Swift Key 3 for the sale price ($0.99) and it is now installed. I'm just getting it set up, so will see how it works out in the next few days.
    09-29-2012 08:46 PM