ROOT: Pros&Cons. (Experiences only)

Dukins

Nov 17, 2009
Visit site
Re: ROOT: Pros&Cons. (Experiences only)

does home manager only work with root mate?
noticed TW launcher cant be disabled in app list :(

global s3, UK. Ask me anything and ill reply even if its just an intelligent (or stupid) guess ;)

Home Manager does not require root. Simply install, long press tw launcher and select kill. Easy peazy!

funkylogik

May 21, 2012
Visit site
Lol, I'm sorry!!:(
I had read in the forums about the S3 not being able to sync so I didn't want to answer off a guess!!

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Android Central Forums

lol no problem bro. it just came across as rude.
have a beer :beer: :)

global s3, UK. Ask me anything and ill reply even if its just an intelligent (or stupid) guess ;)

funkylogik

May 21, 2012
Visit site
As to my current knowledge there is no current way to root the GS3 with a Mac. You would need to use the root utility that roots the device from your device.

do you have a link to the method of rooting without a computer pal? (thats how i did my Zte Blade, legendary phone)
im really bad with computers.
is this method more risky?
thanks ;)

PsYcHoNeWb

Feb 17, 2011
Visit site
Re: ROOT: Pros&Cons. (Experiences only)

do you have a link to the method of rooting without a computer pal? (thats how i did my Zte Blade, legendary phone)
im really bad with computers.
is this method more risky?
thanks ;)

On the global device I will have to do some digging and see if I can use the same method, I know the non-computer methods works on the Verizon model.

funkylogik

May 21, 2012
Visit site
On the global device I will have to do some digging and see if I can use the same method, I know the non-computer methods works on the Verizon model.

ah right. im not close to rooting this phone yet but if you come across an in-phone technique to root and install SU then give me a shout mate.
thanx ;)

Suntan

Mar 16, 2011
Visit site

Skunkape60

Oct 9, 2010
Visit site
I have a question that involves rooting. Can you root an Android phone, using a MacBook Pro? I will be upgrading my HTC Vivid to a SGS3, but have been told by some, that i need to use a PC. Any help with this question, would be greatly appreciated.:)

Yes you can but you can't use Odin. There is an Odin replacement for the Mac called Heimdall. Don't ask me how it's done though.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
19escape20