Samsung Galaxy S3 & LTE

djgadget

Aug 21, 2012
Visit site
I was under the impression that all S3's supported LTE, is that not the case?...

Or

Do all the S3's have LTE, just waiting to be activated via firmware?...

Cheers in advance

Rasta4aye

Apr 10, 2012
Visit site
Att and I Verizon have lte

Tmobile doesn't

And sprint has lte but not everywhere

On my Samsung galaxy s3 running android 4.0

Because unlike ios, i keep my apps in app drawers, and not in infinite cluttered homescreens

jeffreii

CrackBerry Convert
Apr 20, 2012
Visit site
The International version of the S3 (the quad core one) does not have an LTE radio and no firmware will fix that.

The USA versions with the dual core Snapdragon have LTE built into that SoC (system on a chip).

Whether or not it actually functions depends on your SIM card and your carrier's network (and your location within that network).

gecko1984

Apr 11, 2012
Visit site
The International version of the S3 (the quad core one) does not have an LTE radio and no firmware will fix that.

The USA versions with the dual core Snapdragon have LTE built into that SoC (system on a chip).

Whether or not it actually functions depends on your SIM card and your carrier's network (and your location within that network).

I stumbled across this in my international S3's APN Settings recently.. I am aware that it doesn't have the required antenna, but I still wonder why the APN's bearer menu gives me the option (upon adding new apn) :

uploadfromtaptalk1348838965900.jpg

Sent from my stock GT - I9300 from Luxembourg, Europe using Android Central Forums

Sazura65

Jul 21, 2012
Visit site
The Galaxy S3 in Canada, the US and South Korea all have LTE, but as far as I know.. most other countries have the quad core, non LTE version - and firmware cannot fix it.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S3 using Android Central Forums

funkylogik

May 21, 2012
Visit site
I stumbled across this in my international S3's APN Settings recently.. I am aware that it doesn't have the required antenna, but I still wonder why the APN's bearer menu gives me the option (upon adding new apn) :

View attachment 38933

Sent from my stock GT - I9300 from Luxembourg, Europe using Android Central Forums

strange, mine doesnt have that option :confused:

global s3, UK. Ask me anything and ill reply even if its just an intelligent (or stupid) guess ;)