hi everyone, my name is BLiNK. currently an iPhone 4S user and flirting with the idea of getting the Galaxy S3. it looks amazing.

it may be time for me to see whats on the other side and was wondering if i can get an idea of some things current users really enjoy about it. i know there are hundreds of threads to sift through in this forum so i apologize. i would like to add i am not dissatisfied with the iPhone, i just feel like exploring the many avenues that are right at our fingertips. i have an upgrade i'd like to use and getting the 5 right now is looking grim

is Jelly Bean available for this device now? i believe you need this to use Google Now?

also, what is the most popular Twitter app? i currently use Tweetbot for iOS but last i checked it is not on android yet. thanks for any input
    09-29-2012 10:57 AM
    Nice thread..

On my Samsung galaxy s3 running android 4.0

Because unlike ios, i keep my apps in app drawers, and not in infinite cluttered homescreens
    atheistatic and TrueDrooid like this.
    09-29-2012 10:58 AM
    lol. You're reasoning makes me think you're a child. One that is/used to be Apple fan, but are afraid to leave it for many other reason.

Short and simple. Nothing is wrong with the fact you like the GS3 as an Apple iPhone user. Do you think it's weird for people of one race to like someone from another?
    MERCDROID likes this.
    09-29-2012 11:12 AM
    hi everyone, my name is BLiNK. currently an iPhone 4S user and flirting with the idea of getting the Galaxy S3. it looks amazing.

it may be time for me to see whats on the other side and was wondering if i can get an idea of some things current users really enjoy about it. i know there are hundreds of threads to sift through in this forum so i apologize. i would like to add i am not dissatisfied with the iPhone, i just feel like exploring the many avenues that are right at our fingertips. i have an upgrade i'd like to use and getting the 5 right now is looking grim

is Jelly Bean available for this device now? i believe you need this to use Google Now?

also, what is the most popular Twitter app? i currently use Tweetbot for iOS but last i checked it is not on android yet. thanks for any input
    Best advice I can give you is to go to your carrier store and spend time with S3, it will give you a good idea of what to expect. Jelly Bean, depending on your carrier will be available shortly (yes it will include "Google Now"). As for the Twitter app, I cannot recommend anything since I do not use Twitter, but I am sure there are nice alternatives. Good Luck!
    MERCDROID likes this.
    09-29-2012 01:23 PM
    After bouncing back and forth between android and iPhone. I can say there's no better platform for making your android your own. You can customize the way you like right out of the box. While rooting your device gives you alot more its not necessary for minor tweaking. You won't regret going android.
    MERCDROID likes this.
    09-29-2012 01:35 PM
    Preference is a matter of opinion, everyone likes something different. Both devices are fantastic devices, fast, nice to look at and you will be able to spend hours playing around with settings and apps. Both have sold millions and I have to admin that the iPhone 5 looks like it doesn't offer a whole lot over the 4s. Ricky has a good point, go to the store and ask to play with it for a while to get a feel for it. Chances are yuour carrier has a 15-45 day love it or return it policy (as most do) so worst case bring it back.

You can find hundreds of threads about this and most of them are really a matter of opinion. You'll also find hundreds of threads about whic car/truck is better Ford or Chev or Dodge... Everyone has had a different experience that makes them loyal to whatever for some reason. One of my friends has a 4s and he has another one of my friends (who has a flip phone mind you) convinced that the iPhone is better because of the apps, oh it's all about the apps. I have yet to find apps that I would miss so much that makes we want to switch platfomrs for. I like the open source nature of Android better myself, but I love to tinker and mod stuff.

I love my S3 because of the screen size, the power and I still have a hard time with having just one button on a phone. I have an 4S for work and my opinion is still that the S3 is a better device over all, but opinions vary (just look at threads on AC's sister site iMore).
    09-29-2012 01:48 PM
    S3 Is just amazing. I love mine. I use Tweet Caster for Twitter and I love it because there's tons of options. I love the screen, I love the size, it's just a great phone.

Sent from my Galaxy S3
    09-29-2012 04:30 PM
    I recently did the same switch. I don't regret it. This phone is amazing. I like the customization the most. Widget are amazing. Not having every screen look the same is nice. Getting information without opening the app is nice. The features this phone has are fantastic (NFC, smart screen, the putting your phone to your ear and it dials, screen shot with hand gesture)

The S3 is fast and smooth. The screen is perfect. At first in thought maybe to big. Now I can't go smaller.

For me the S3 does exactly what the iphone does just with more features and more personalizations.

Like others said best you go test and see for yourself. I don't think I'm going back to the iphone anytime soon.

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Android Central Forums
    Pachap109 likes this.
    09-29-2012 07:00 PM
    I have had every generation of the iPhone and have been a very happy customer. Used to not look outside the box either and stuck with the iPhone every launch. Recently I was given an S3 for work and now I absolutely love Andoid(before I thought, "eh.." wasn't interested. It's not like all of a sudden I have dismissed Apple and iOS, because the fact remains it is a great OS and easy to use, but now that I have an S3 I really appreciate the OS. I am not really a tech person or will dive into the phone much more then downloading apps and customizing the phone but I still see the "coolness" of the Android. Because of the features of the phone, the screen size, I find myself looking more towards the Note 2 rather than the i5.

You are not a bad person, just someone experiencing an epiphany lol.
    09-29-2012 07:24 PM
    Jellybean will officially be out soon enough.

Google Now works best on JB but you can flash it into stock rooted touchwiz ICS.

Until we get Carbon, TweetLanes, TweakDeck, and Boid are fantastic Twitter apps.

Yes, you are an awful awful person. Shame on you.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Android Central Forums
    Rizz1-2 likes this.
    09-29-2012 07:49 PM
    I'm on an iPhone 4 and have been researching the SIII like crazy. Planning on making the jump in a couple weeks when I'm able to upgrade
    Pre-dawn raid and MERCDROID like this.
    09-29-2012 08:13 PM
    Best advice I can give you is to go to your carrier store and spend time with S3, it will give you a good idea of what to expect. Jelly Bean, depending on your carrier will be available shortly (yes it will include "Google Now"). As for the Twitter app, I cannot recommend anything since I do not use Twitter, but I am sure there are nice alternatives. Good Luck!
    That's what I did and was completely won over in a matter of minutes.
    09-29-2012 08:39 PM
    Jellybean will officially be out soon enough.

Until we get Carbon, TweetLanes, TweakDeck, and Boid are fantastic Twitter apps.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Android Central Forums
    Carbon creators are full of crap. They always say we're almost done. One more week then we wait another month. Then the story repeats. They are not obligated to make us apps but they should really get their releasing stuff together. At least a beta version. Something

My favorite Twitter app is currently Plume. I love being able to color code people. When ever someone tweets I know who it is with out looking at a name or photo
    09-30-2012 12:11 AM
    BLINK is my favourite club night. check out Blink Scotland on Youtube or Soundcloud deep electrotech man

global s3, UK. Ask me anything and ill reply even if its just an intelligent (or stupid) guess
    MERCDROID likes this.
    09-30-2012 01:34 AM
    BLINK is my favourite club night. check out Blink Scotland on Youtube or Soundcloud deep electrotech man
    Really?!?! ElectroTech?!?! I'm not crazy about electro but perhaps I should give it a listen. Check out Jon Moyer from the UK on soundcloud....kid is NNAASSTTYY!! Funky and chunky TechHouse!
    funkylogik likes this.
    09-30-2012 02:43 AM
    will do bro cheers

global s3, UK. Ask me anything and ill reply even if its just an intelligent (or stupid) guess
    09-30-2012 03:04 AM
    If you have an upgrade upcoming then I would maybe hold off just a little while before purchasing a device. This fall / winter is full of new device launches and if any of the rumors come true then the devices should be BEASTS! I'm talking quad core, 1080p Nexus devices! However if you just can't wait then the SGS3 is still the premium Android phone that is a must have for most and now that it has been out for a little while the price is very negotiable (Amazon has deals constantly and I think there was even some talk about a black friday listing for a free SGS3 on contract). Feature wise, The SGS3 tops the 4s and even the iPhone 5 and it offers features right out of the box that can't even be had with 3rd party apps on iOS! This makes it directly compete with the 4S ( The SGS3 is over 6 months old after all) and with the expected release of the SGS4 in January / February it will be nice to see what Samsung fires back with to compete with the iPhone 5. You are by no means a bad person for wanting to look at the competition and see what it offers, you might actually like it and end up falling in love with it! Thats exactly how I went from flip phones with an iPod Touch to just an Android device.
    09-30-2012 09:16 PM
    If you have an upgrade upcoming then I would maybe hold off just a little while before purchasing a device. This fall / winter is full of new device launches and if any of the rumors come true then the devices should be BEASTS! I'm talking quad core, 1080p Nexus devices! However if you just can't wait then the SGS3 is still the premium Android phone that is a must have for most and now that it has been out for a little while the price is very negotiable (Amazon has deals constantly and I think there was even some talk about a black friday listing for a free SGS3 on contract). Feature wise, The SGS3 tops the 4s and even the iPhone 5 and it offers features right out of the box that can't even be had with 3rd party apps on iOS! This makes it directly compete with the 4S ( The SGS3 is over 6 months old after all) and with the expected release of the SGS4 in January / February it will be nice to see what Samsung fires back with to compete with the iPhone 5. You are by no means a bad person for wanting to look at the competition and see what it offers, you might actually like it and end up falling in love with it! Thats exactly how I went from flip phones with an iPod Touch to just an Android device.
    i agree.. i think by next summer, we wont be jealous, but those of us who payed full price for the s3 are gona see phones of equal spec' for half the price but hey... we'll have had this phone for nearly a year while the mid-rangers will have been stuck on their LGs or Sonys on ICS or GB lol so its like meh
    ps the rumour of an s4 in first half of next year was confirmed as being false mate

09-30-2012 10:12 PM
    Welcome Blink!!!! I got mine yesterday!! I'm very glad I did! As I have stated over on iMore, battery life is a big draw for me and so far I think it will be comparable. The seamless Google integration (gmail is my primary account) is just a plus!

I've bought and tried all of the newer Android devices only to sell within a week's time. This one will definitely not be sold!

The only negative I see thus far is that Matching with Friends isn't out yet for Android. LOL

Sent from my Galaxy S3 using Tapatalk 2
    10-01-2012 07:02 AM
    I've never used iOS, and been with webOS for the last 3 years. I haven't looked back at all since I got my SIII.....no regrets, no complaints....I would suggest buying a microSD card for your photos/music/videos etc.

---------- Post Merged at 05:16 AM ---------- Previous Post was at 05:15 AM ----------

I've never used iOS, and been with webOS for the last 3 years. I haven't looked back at all since I got my SIII.....no regrets, no complaints....I would suggest buying a microSD card for your photos/music/videos etc.
    10-01-2012 07:16 AM
    I've been an iPhone user since it first came out. When they released the iPhone 5 I realized that it was just more of the same and it was time for me to move on. I've had the Galaxy S3 for a week and I really can't see myself ever going back to iPhone. The Apple Maps fiasco and the redesigned dock connector were the deal breakers for me. There are things the iPhone does better but there are also things Android does better. In the end, there is no perfect mobile OS but I really don't like the direction Apple is headed.

---------- Post Merged at 05:56 PM ---------- Previous Post was at 05:56 PM ----------

I've been an iPhone user since it first came out. When they released the iPhone 5 I realized that it was just more of the same and it was time for me to move on. I've had the Galaxy S3 for a week and I really can't see myself ever going back to iPhone. The Apple Maps fiasco and the redesigned dock connector were the deal breakers for me. There are things the iPhone does better but there are also things Android does better. In the end, there is no perfect mobile OS but I really don't like the direction Apple is headed.
    funkylogik likes this.
    10-01-2012 05:56 PM