I upgraded to the GS3 from the HTC Droid Incredible. There is a News app on the HTC that I really enjoy, but have been unable to find an equivalent on Google Play. I believe it's a stock HTC app that came with the phone.

Is there anyway I can manually go into the HTC and copy the app over to my GS3?
    09-30-2012 02:03 PM
    If you can find the apk file you can certainly try installing it on your GS3, but there's no guarantee that it'll work. It may rely on other HTC-specific system files, or may check to ensure that it's running on an HTC device. But there is a possibility that it'll work.

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM -0.001 using Tapatalk 2
    funkylogik likes this.
    09-30-2012 02:17 PM
    Sadly no its a sense app my battery widget won't work on my current from so I'm sure the news app is sense only

INSPIRE AOKP ICE COLD SANDWICH ROM
    funkylogik likes this.
    09-30-2012 02:19 PM
    im not a dev, but im gonna say prob not. Your talking trying to run code built for an HTC device and attempting to run that code on a samsung device. So i assume its not as easy as a simple copy and paste. trying to run touch wiz and sense together would prob give you some issues.
    09-30-2012 02:22 PM
    yup as was said, you can try n find the .apk but think itd be like tryin to put s-voice on an HTC mate.
    plenty good news apps available though.
    ive recently started experimenting with Flipboard

global s3, UK. Ask me anything and ill reply even if its just an intelligent (or stupid) guess
    09-30-2012 02:23 PM
    Well, if it's *just* the apk and non-dependent on Sense, then unless it's strictly for an older version of Android, I see no reason it wouldn't work. You would need something like App Installer to actually install it, though. My LG Optimus S is running CM10 and has S-Voice as well as Joy Music. (Cover flow when in landscape crashes the music player, though; CM9 doesn't have that problem, and presumably, neither does CM7.)

Sent from my Purple LG-LS670 running CM10...for now.
    09-30-2012 06:34 PM
    try 4shared.com

global s3, UK. Ask me anything and ill reply even if its just an intelligent (or stupid) guess
    09-30-2012 07:28 PM
    Well, if it's *just* the apk and non-dependent on Sense, then unless it's strictly for an older version of Android, I see no reason it wouldn't work. You would need something like App Installer to actually install it, though. My LG Optimus S is running CM10 and has S-Voice as well as Joy Music. (Cover flow when in landscape crashes the music player, though; CM9 doesn't have that problem, and presumably, neither does CM7.)

Sent from my Purple LG-LS670 running CM10...for now.
    It's an HTC Sense pre installed news widget. This is completely different then running a custom rom that your doing. He's talking about just adding a HTC Sense based widget to a factory based touchwiz rom.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2
    10-04-2012 12:47 PM
    I'm sure you can find apps there are just as good as that one
    I use this app called Pulse, I just add all the news sites I want and its easy to read all of them at once! LOVE IT! I Recommend it!
    https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...51bGwsMSwyLDNd
    10-04-2012 01:03 PM
    boops V
    10-04-2012 02:22 PM
    remember to check "allow apps from unknown sources" or whatever in settings if u wana sideload a .apk

..whats the app called btw? the actual full name in app manager if possible?

10-04-2012 02:24 PM
    You could try this

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...B5LnNlcnZlciJd

Disclaimer - its my software
    10-17-2012 08:09 AM
    You could try this

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...B5LnNlcnZlciJd

Disclaimer - its my software
    i like your style mate lol

jimmydroid101 likes this.
    10-17-2012 12:44 PM