Samsung Galaxy S3 battery issue.

Rev2010

Oct 26, 2010
Visit site
Good lord these battery threads. Please do a search as this has been covered numerous times. If you don't want to, at least tell us what you were doing over that hour and 19 minutes. Was it all web browsing? If so, the web browsing is probably the single largest battery drain, even watching movies takes far less battery life.

Rev.

beachprance

Apr 15, 2012
Visit site
I couldnt find any other forums that related to my issue more personally. But no, I didnt web browse at all. I chatted on Whatsapp and replied to a few texts. No 4G. Brightness down. Sorry for the duplication threads, new to this!

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Android Central Forums

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
It looks like you are roaming in that picture ... That could be causing some of the issue.

beachprance

Apr 15, 2012
Visit site
I think it was roaming for a good 20 minutes. I can understand some drain in that department, but not that much. I just factory reset. I'll see if it makes a difference.

jneusch

May 18, 2011
Visit site
It looks like you are roaming in that picture ... That could be causing some of the issue.

I noticed the same thing. Roaming definitely eats battery, but this is extreme. There really are a lot of battery threads. I quick search will bear that out and you can find everything you are looking for.

SXE_MATT

Oct 12, 2012
Visit site
I just got the Galaxy S3 2 weeks ago and I had the same problem. Since then I got Juice Defender Ultimate. I didn't think that'd do anything, but it actually improved the battery life substantially. You can set it to limit your data or WIFI to 30 minute intervals from when your screen is off. You still get calls/texts, just not the constant syncing of emails, Facebook, etc. That, and reducing screen brightness, and using battery saver settings should show you some huge improvements.

FBPD10

Oct 29, 2011
Visit site
The S3 is a portable mini computer. It can do things that just 4 years ago my desktop couldn't. The fact that you can get at least 4 hrs out of it when using it for more than talking is amazing. Let's not forget how far we have come and act spoiled

Sent from my SGH-T999

johnnyshinta

Jul 30, 2010
Visit site
The battery life on this rocks. I have 4G on all the time and power save mode off and I get through a full day of moderate use if I have good signal all day. If I don't have 4G signal it doesn't last as long.

Try turning power save mode on if it isn't already. It might help a bit.

GrooveRite

Sep 30, 2010
Visit site
I'm usually around 50% by the end of the day (12 hrs.) with light to moderate use. When I have a lot of calls and texts through out the day, I'll usually be between 20% - 30%. This phone has been AMAZING with battery life for me!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nikoczzzz