Bluetooth alternating between connected and disconnected with my car

efrykman

Oct 1, 2012
Visit site
My S3 rapidly connects and disconnects every few seconds with my new (bought in February) Honda Odyssey.

The S3 connects with other bluetooth devices okay.
I took it to the local honda dealer and they said they were able to pair the car with another phone just fine. The Odyssey bluetooth has disconnected with other phones, but not every few seconds.

Also the phone dealer says, "It's the car's fault." and the car dealer says, "New phones may not sync up with older bluetooth (but I think that's wrong since the car is only 8 months old), so it's not the car's fault."

Any ideas?? Thanks!

jneusch

May 18, 2011
Visit site
We used to have the same issue with my wife's iPhone and her 2011 Honda Pilot. I think there are some inherent compatibility issues with BT. My GS3 sometimes loses connection with my Camaro too, but I have not seen the rapid connect / disconnect thing before. I will say that even though the van is only 8 months old, the BT radio could easily be several years old depending on the last time Honda updated the software/firmware.

funkylogik

May 21, 2012
Visit site
if the phone pairs fine with other devices and even your car dealer admits that it loses connection "sometimes but not as much" with other phones then id start a war with the car manufacturer/dealer and not samsung mate.
good luck man

global s3, UK. Ask me anything and ill reply even if its just an intelligent (or stupid) guess ;)

houghette

Oct 3, 2012
Visit site
When you turn you car on see if you get message on your phone asking if you want to down load your contacts. If so download you contacts. It will stop doing the on/off thing.

weigjw1

Aug 13, 2016
Visit site
I have a 2013 Honda Pilot EX-L and a Samsung Galaxy Prevail LTE. Major success with this bluetooth disconnect issue if I turn off WiFi when bluetooth connected to the radio. Time will tell if 100% better, but major improvement.