S3 started announcing text messages out loud

rpscott02

Jun 19, 2010
Visit site
My wife has the S3 and all a sudden the phone starts announcing text messages (i.e. "Text message from John"). She didn't turn this on & is not in driving mode. I don't think she has an app like vlimgo that can do this. Ideas?

UPDATE: she did have driving mode on... That was it. My bad. Pls close this thread

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

funkylogik

May 21, 2012
Visit site
lmao i actualy use an app called Speak It for reading my txts :)

and no point closing a thread when people will no doubt learn from it.
its a common mistake ;)

global s3, UK. Ask me anything and ill reply even if its just an intelligent (or stupid) guess ;)

deanodrums

Aug 4, 2012
Visit site
lmao i actualy use an app called Speak It for reading my txts :)

and no point closing a thread when people will no doubt learn from it.
its a common mistake ;)

global s3, UK. Ask me anything and ill reply even if its just an intelligent (or stupid) guess ;)

Speak it! That's what its called! I tries finding your suggestion in another thread about an app that tells you the context of your text. Cheers man :thumbup: have a beer :beer: lol

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Android Central Forums

deanodrums

Aug 4, 2012
Visit site
hi im having the same issue, dont even know how i turned driving mode on. how can i fix this? thanks.

Driving mode will only tell you who has text,it wont read the whole content of the text. To find Driving Mode got to Settings>Display>Notification Panel. In there it will give you the option to re add it to the pull down notification bar.
You can then toggle it on and off there.

I am Droid

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site
funny thing is, I just googled the same problem and I came across your thread! And just because you posted driving mode I was able to fix my problem, good looking out!

Super Dave426

Jul 28, 2012
Visit site
Not to be a smart *** but driving mode will read the entire text message out loud. At least it does on my S3 without any other app.

Settings - Accessibility - Text to Speech Output - Driving Mode

Glenys Kramer

Nov 14, 2013
Visit site
A million times Thank You, I had no idea why my phone was doing this. I would be at work in a quite office and my phone would say loudly "Husband Honey is calling" Thank Goodness I can put an end to this insanity.

Melissa Greenwood

Dec 1, 2014
Visit site
lol. Thank you everyone. My phone was also doing this. Got really embarrassing when it announced one evening (when I was teaching 4 teenagers math) "new text from My Hunny"!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Unknown