In another thread someone brought up that if you visit a companies Site vs using their app you have a few advantages. With apps you run the risk of the developer breaking the app with an update. Or adding features you don't like. Changing the UI. Or removing features yoh do like. And risk the app needing permissions that are unnecessary.

The website is consistent and doesn't need additional permissions.

What is your preference?
    10-02-2012 06:59 AM
    I only download app updates when I find it necessary and always check reviews before updating so I never run into problems

On my Samsung galaxy s3 running android 4.0

Because unlike ios, i keep my apps in app drawers, and not in infinite cluttered homescreens
    msndrstood and funkylogik like this.
    10-02-2012 07:48 AM
    And apps tend to make things easier.
    10-02-2012 08:07 AM
    I have found that it is often easier to use an app. Sometimes the functionality I need is missing, like issuing an invoice for ebay, but for the most part it is easier. And while on the subject of ebay it is an example of an app that is streamlined for mobile, that you can take a picture of your item or scan a bar code (have yet to have an item scan) and list your item.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S2
    10-02-2012 08:25 AM
    Depends on what it is. Sites always rely on data connections, where a lot of the times an app (like some of my fitness apps) are able to be used offline and then will sync to the site once I get a data connection.

So basically I play it by ear, depending on the site and what I need it to do.
    10-02-2012 08:58 AM
    On some websites, if you use the app you will not see their ads. So, by using the app I can save some data bandwidth.
    10-02-2012 11:06 AM
    i like apps like Tapatalk based ones like this and shopping ones like Kindle and Argos but for other things i want the full web experience to zoom in etc plus i dont mind the ads as ive allowed them to be targeted to my interests so i dont get those "hot girls in your area" ads now that google knows i have her lol

global s3, UK. Ask me anything and ill reply even if its just an intelligent (or stupid) guess
    10-02-2012 04:07 PM