Check out one of the coolest Augmented Reality Apps!

smooth4lyfe

Trusted Member
Sep 16, 2012
Visit site
This is one of the COOLEST augmented reality apps ever!! Its to show off the new McLaren (Sports Car), but if you download the phone app, and hold your phone to this photo, you will get a 3D model of the car on your phone and you could walk around it...so cool!

Here is the app
https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...xhcmVuLk1jTGFyZW5Qcm9qZWN0MSJd&token=RjG5dRZh

Here is the photo you gotta point the camera to when you open the app (You can also print the picture and do it on your desk)
McLaren App Pic.jpg

P.S.
I posted this in the AT&T forum but I should have posted it here

funkylogik

May 21, 2012
Visit site
does it work if the pic is on a laptop screen or does it have to be printed?
Augmented Reality fascinates me :)

global s3, UK. Ask me anything and ill reply even if its just an intelligent (or stupid) guess ;)

funkylogik

May 21, 2012
Visit site

funkylogik

May 21, 2012
Visit site
just the vid blew my fiance's mind and shes in no way techy :)

global s3, UK. Ask me anything and ill reply even if its just an intelligent (or stupid) guess ;)

funkylogik

May 21, 2012
Visit site
i wana be able to take a pic of a mates face, have an app use his face as the template then have a choice of AR faces i can put on them while recording.... now thatd be cool :)

EvilMonkey

Jun 4, 2010
Visit site
They're supposed to be releasing this one that's already available on iOS about the Curiosity rover. I've used it on my iPad and it's awesome. Although in this video they're using a second iPad for the anchor image, I just printed it out on paper.

These have been around for a couple of years, they have these kiosks at Lego Stores (if you have one nearby) that are awesome too. You just hold the box up to the monitor and the completed model shows up with animations and stuff. They're neat.

funkylogik

May 21, 2012
Visit site
AR completely fascinates me since like i think it was before android i saw it on the gadget show.
even that daft droid shoot or whatever AR game is kinda cool but the potential is cool especialy combined with NFC :)
ill check that vid out after dinner mate :)

..oh yeah.. Curiosity also fascinates my tiny brain :)

funkylogik

May 21, 2012
Visit site
They're supposed to be releasing this one that's already available on iOS about the Curiosity rover. I've used it on my iPad and it's awesome. Although in this video they're using a second iPad for the anchor image, I just printed it out on paper.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AQAghZ0A44s

These have been around for a couple of years, they have these kiosks at Lego Stores (if you have one nearby) that are awesome too. You just hold the box up to the monitor and the completed model shows up with animations and stuff. They're neat.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8UxWkZtUKaI

wow you have dedicated Lego shops where you live??
cool!

funkylogik

May 21, 2012
Visit site
imagine animated 3d models! "ob wan kanobe"

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nanran21