Google Play Music taking up lots of battery?

jamesino

Sep 30, 2012
Visit site
Has anyone noticed that their Google Music cloud music streaming takes up a lot of battery life? I listened to about 3 songs today and my battery dropped by 5%.

It also eats up a lot of data usage, for those three songs, it consumed 100 MB foreground and 100MB in the background. The songs were only around 4-5 MB each, what's going on there?

cyanogen-man

Feb 1, 2012
Visit site
Has anyone noticed that their Google Music cloud music streaming takes up a lot of battery life? I listened to about 3 songs today and my battery dropped by 5%.

It also eats up a lot of data usage, for those three songs, it consumed 100 MB foreground and 100MB in the background. The songs were only around 4-5 MB each, what's going on there?

Yes the more the radios are going (wifi 3g 4g lte) its almost like heavy browser use which is using consuming data its in the cloud so it streams but it needs braid band and braid band makes the signal go higher which in turn will eat the battery the faster the data the more data you use the less battery life you have left its true for all cell phones and wireless devices

INSPIRE AOKP ICE COLD SANDWICH ROM ;)

cyanogen-man

Feb 1, 2012
Visit site
And as far as the extra data mb go into your settings and have stream high quality checked that's why when it recompresses the data its a higher mob because of the extra bits that give you the enhanced sound
INSPIRE AOKP ICE COLD SANDWICH ROM ;)