Leaving the phone plugged in over night?

funkylogik

May 21, 2012
Visit site
good points by the last few folk. why worry about it, its an amazing gadget and tool. just enjoy it :)

global s3, UK. Ask me anything and ill reply even if its just an intelligent (or stupid) guess ;)

Kizzmocat

Jun 1, 2012
Visit site
Id say the only thing you shouldn't do is keeping it charging overnight and under water!, you may run into problems! You're welcome for the sound advise! :banghead:

Sent from my EVO using Android Central Forums

funkylogik

May 21, 2012
Visit site
inductive charging via the microwave doesnt seem to work either :( dammit!

global s3, UK. Ask me anything and ill reply even if its just an intelligent (or stupid) guess ;)

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
I always try and run my battery low.. Either dead or in the 10% or less before going to bed and then I charge it while I sleep.

This sound like a good or bad idea to you guys?

Sent from my Sprint S3 using AC fourms

Cobravision

Jul 18, 2010
Visit site
The deeper the discharge, the more stress is put on the battery to get back to 100. So going down to 10% or 0 before recharging will make your battery degrade faster than going to 50% before recharging.

zrxoa1

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
Like others have said, use it, enjoy it and don't stress over it. Even with a non removable battery like in my Iphone, I don't stress over it. If the battery goes bad, replace it and go on enjoying your phone! ;-)

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
The deeper the discharge, the more stress is put on the battery to get back to 100. So going down to 10% or 0 before recharging will make your battery degrade faster than going to 50% before recharging.

Thanks! I didn't know that I was putting more stress on it... I figured cycling fully was the best way to have it last longer :p.

Time to change my charging habits :cool:

Sent from my Sprint S3 using AC fourms

Dukins

Nov 17, 2009
Visit site
I used to have severe ocd over the battery. 5 widgets with nothing but battery information on one screen. Now I rarely worry about it. Its a media device, its meant to be used. WHy have just an awesome device to let it collect dust. Grab another battery or get an extended battery and turn off the percent, have at it.

mumfoau

Trusted Member
Oct 29, 2010
Visit site
I used to have severe ocd over the battery. 5 widgets with nothing but battery information on one screen. Now I rarely worry about it. Its a media device, its meant to be used. WHy have just an awesome device to let it collect dust. Grab another battery or get an extended battery and turn off the percent, have at it.

Before doing that I just liked my S3. After doing that I LOVE my S3. My battery OCD was insane. :D

Nov 2, 2009
Visit site
Why stress over the battery life? By the time the battery is bad a new device will be out. Who keeps their phones that long anymore? That being said, I charge my phone every night and unplug it in the morning.

funkylogik

May 21, 2012
Visit site
wish Jerry would come on and settle this lol *shouts* JJJEEERRRRYY!!!

Kizzmocat

Jun 1, 2012
Visit site
Wtf funky! First a pink dress, now you're going with the sinead o'connor look? Lol

funkylogik

May 21, 2012
Visit site
Wtf funky! First a pink dress, now you're going with the sinead o'connor look? Lol

what can i say lol... i like to change it up :)

Skunkape60

Oct 9, 2010
Visit site
A charger hasn't been plugged into my phone since it was a week old. I have 3 batteries and 2 stand alone chargers. I let my batteries discharge all the way and pop in a fresh one when needed. Batteries get fully charged and discharged every time.

I don't agree with the statement that it's harder on the battery charging from 1% than 50%. I've been doing this for years with every smartphone I've had without a single battery issue.

worwig

Dec 29, 2010
Visit site
A charger hasn't been plugged into my phone since it was a week old. I have 3 batteries and 2 stand alone chargers. I let my batteries discharge all the way and pop in a fresh one when needed. Batteries get fully charged and discharged every time.

I don't agree with the statement that it's harder on the battery charging from 1% than 50%. I've been doing this for years with every smartphone I've had without a single battery issue.

Every LiIon manufacturer claims that full cycles shorten their life.
What you are doing is proving that it is trivial. Particularly in something like a phone.
In something like a laptop which drains a battery quickly and typically runs it hotter, you might see a difference in battery life. Here, it isn't meaningful. Charge it in a way that is convenient to you life style and move on.

funkylogik

May 21, 2012
Visit site
well isnt it true that a 50% charge will take less life from the battery simply because its only half a charge cycle??
thats a false economy since youll have to charge the battery again 50% sooner lol?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
19escape20