Currently unable to download.

funkylogik

May 21, 2012
Visit site
strange man. does the message stay there permenantly? is it worth resetting for?

global s3, UK. Ask me anything and ill reply even if its just an intelligent (or stupid) guess ;)

deanodrums

Aug 4, 2012
Visit site
strange man. does the message stay there permenantly? is it worth resetting for?

global s3, UK. Ask me anything and ill reply even if its just an intelligent (or stupid) guess ;)[/

I have noticed that it only seems to happen while i am connected to WiFi. I havent seen it since last night! Sometimes it pops up a lot in an hour but sometimes i dont see it for a while. So probably not. Id like to know what is trying to download. :)

funkylogik

May 21, 2012
Visit site
me too man.. youve had your phone for quite a while now so dont wana reset plus the geek in us would rather work ot the problem and fix it from the source eh :banghead:

global s3, UK. Ask me anything and ill reply even if its just an intelligent (or stupid) guess ;)

deanodrums

Aug 4, 2012
Visit site
me too man.. youve had your phone for quite a while now so dont wana reset plus the geek in us would rather work ot the problem and fix it from the source eh :banghead:

global s3, UK. Ask me anything and ill reply even if its just an intelligent (or stupid) guess ;)[
I have had it since end of July. I love the phone. Just wish some little things could be better! As i have said many times before! hahaha.
I will just leave it as it is for now thanks for everyones suggestions.

funkylogik

May 21, 2012
Visit site
noo if we keep bumpin this, someone will help us...

CaneToad

Jun 19, 2012
Visit site
Look at one of your new apps I had that and I started uninstalling till it went away, Didnt reinstall the app that killed it and havent had it since. Lots of the "free" apps do nasty things in the background

sfrrr

Jun 4, 2010
Visit site
What CaneToad said. If I had that problem again, I'd figure puffy the day it began and start uninstalling the apps I installed after that day and time, one by one, until the message stops. Remember, it may be an app totally unrelated to downloading, but it triggers something in the program that is doing the downloading.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Android Central Forums

deanodrums

Aug 4, 2012
Visit site
What CaneToad said. If I had that problem again, I'd figure puffy the day it began and start uninstalling the apps I installed after that day and time, one by one, until the message stops. Remember, it may be an app totally unrelated to downloading, but it triggers something in the program that is doing the downloading.

I think I'll just put up with it. It stays on my screen for a few seconds and then goes. I can't be bothered to uninstall all my apps. Cheers guys

funkylogik

May 21, 2012
Visit site
I think I'll just put up with it. It stays on my screen for a few seconds and then goes. I can't be bothered to uninstall all my apps. Cheers guys

lol id prob do same bro coz im lazy but it would annoy me lol ;)

funkylogik

May 21, 2012
Visit site
just had a thought. go to whatever browser u use, go to "downloads" and if theres a failed one, clear it from the list

deanodrums

Aug 4, 2012
Visit site
just had a thought. go to whatever browser u use, go to "downloads" and if theres a failed one, clear it from the list

Yea I have tried that mate. I will just try let it not get to me. Hahah. I got my phone set up to how I like it now. Just waiting for the update :D to see if it irons out the things I dislike. Haha

Zabalba

Jun 16, 2011
Visit site
Go to your stock MMS app settings option, under MMS settings uncheck "Auto-Retrieve". Put your phone in airplane mode and check if the message comes up again.

deanodrums

Aug 4, 2012
Visit site
Go to your stock MMS app settings option, under MMS settings uncheck "Auto-Retrieve". Put your phone in airplane mode and check if the message comes up again.

I just done that mate. Unfortunately IG hasn't done the trick. I just haven't a clue what it is :confused:
Thanks for your help

connexionbizarre

Oct 26, 2012
Visit site
I had the same problem since a couple of days ago.

After trying everything in this thread (and it not working), I checked my SMS/MMS inbox and there was an MMS that had not downloaded the attached image. Clicking on the "download" button elicited the error message. I deleted that MMS and stopped getting the error message since then.

deanodrums

Aug 4, 2012
Visit site
Ah nice one :) I have now rectified this problem after going through my MMS settings. Thanks for everyone's help !:thumbup:

funkylogik

May 21, 2012
Visit site
i love it when a plan comes together :)

love how in this forum, once we get our teeth into a problem, we dont rest until its fixed :)

deanodrums

Aug 4, 2012
Visit site
Yea I am glad it has worked. Now I also got jb which is good. Hope it does what I want it to. Any idea how you get the floating android man on your screen? I think it's like a hidden feature. I have seen on you tube but can't find or remember how to do it.

funkylogik

May 21, 2012
Visit site
Yea I am glad it has worked. Now I also got jb which is good. Hope it does what I want it to. Any idea how you get the floating android man on your screen? I think it's like a hidden feature. I have seen on you tube but can't find or remember how to do it.

lol thats ICS mate.
on JB its same way, go to About Device, tap repeatedly on android version then keep your finger on the jellybean :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillyC