Currently unable to download.

eyezak76

Aug 1, 2014
Visit site
Solved! I had the same problem. There was a mms that I had not downloaded, I deleted the message and bingo... no more annoying "currently unable to download" notifications.
Cheers guys, wouldn't have sussed it without you lot :)

zegarot

Dec 28, 2014
Visit site
noo if we keep bumpin this, someone will help us...

global s3, UK. Ask me anything and ill reply even if its just an intelligent (or stupid) guess ;)

I have the same problem on my s5 .go to manage application and see if you disapled any programs .enable them back agian update them and see if that solve the problem

Last edited by a moderator:

autoe77

May 29, 2015
Visit site
I figured it out!! To rectify the problem permanently, go to your message settings and under MMS settings deselect auto-retrieve

Sid here

May 29, 2015
Visit site
I have had also the same problem since last two week then i noticed that what happened when this error is poping up again and again i noticed that when i recive a picture message in inbox i mean in text message it says download and i can't see the image after that whenever i turn on my Wifi this error pops up you should better delete all your inbox messages you may also get one of that picture message that is trying to download. i hope this will work it worked for me.

ch41ky

May 29, 2015
Visit site
After having trouble with kodi on my android box I decided to factory reset I am now unable to download kodi from my browser?? Anyone that can help please

gjagiello

Feb 20, 2013
Visit site
This answer worked for me! I noticed I had an incoming message with an attachment that hadn't been downloaded, but was expired. Deleted the message -- sadly, I couldn't grab the file first -- and I no longer get that extremely annoying error.

Thanks! :)

naumankhan

Jun 11, 2015
Visit site
No need for factory reset.

I also face the same problem and I fixed it by;

1. Go to SMS settings.
2. Select Multimedia Messages
3. Uncheck the Auto Retrieve Option

Hope it will work :)

dontdrop_that

Jul 16, 2015
Visit site
I just went into application manager and stopped all apps that was running. The ones I didn't stop was the ones that needed to run the phone. My phone is running a lot quicker though. Back to the problem it still happening.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Android Central Forums

Mine does that to. Brand new s6

Andrei Woedy

Aug 18, 2015
Visit site
I keep getting a message pop up on my screen saying "currently unable to download.please try later".
I haven't got a clue what is trying to download because I physically haven't downloaded anything and nor can I see what is downloading.
Anybody having or had the same message? Its well annoying.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Android Central Forums

I have the same exact problem. Since the new update its been constantly saying that and i need it to stop soon.

GuinguetteStyle

Aug 28, 2015
Visit site
Re: Currently unable to download. SOLVED!

Hello everybody!

I have got the same problem like you for 1 week and I finally found what was wrong.

These are some pictures that someone sent me by MMS which the cell phone couldn't download. Why? In my case, it is a French phone, so I disabled the mobile data because I am currently in the US.

The mobile phone requires data to download the pictures, not the Wi-Fi. this is why I got everytime this tiring message : "Currently unable to download. Please try again later."
So I deleted the MMS I received in the thread.

I hope it'll do the same for you guys.
Hope my message will be helpful.

Excuse my French, I tried to do my best to explain to you the solution as good as possible.

Regards,

GS

HFLDev

Jul 27, 2015
Visit site
i checked, it's not an OTA Update. if it is , he would ask u to download now or later. it's A GPS. trying to get info of ure location.
cuz 1 min after this GPS popup.

Sameh Adel1

Oct 5, 2015
Visit site
Hey Guys,

I just wanted to share my experience with you all and hope it will be helpful. I have Note 3 updated to lollipop but I believe all Android phones are similar.

First of all ANDROID IS CRAZY "Literally", you will not understand when the problem will happen to your phone and how to fix it, especially that the problems may be interrelated, and one fix may not be enough until you know really what is wrong with your phone.

Now to the subject, my phone was getting this "unable to download" error message, then same time suddenly from no where I get an error on the notification menu "sign-in request" with Gallery Picture beside it, and when I click on this message it requests to log in with Picasa and then all google applications disappear from the phone, and when I go inside "Apps" (on the bottom right of your phone desktop) I found them disappeared from the inner folders of Google, then suddenly out of no where all apps get redistributed over the pages within Apps and Google Apps return back again distributed also. All of this besides when I was restarting the phone it was taking around 5 minutes to open phone's desktop.

To fix the above I made Wipe data and factory reset more than 5 times in 2 days with no result.

Then after some search I did the below fixing (after one more factory rest):
1- Went to Settings - "General" Tab - Accounts - Google then click on the e-mail beside the Sync symbol, then scroll to the end of the page and uncheck "Sync Picasa Web Albums".
2- Went to Settings - "General" Tab - scroll down to About Device - click on Software updates then uncheck "Wi-Fi only". (Of course this is going to charge if not subscribed to mobile data package).
3- Went to Messages - click on menu - Settings - Multimedia messages, then uncheck Auto retrieve.
4- Activate "Mobile Data" from notification menu and disable Wi-Fi.
5- Restart the Phone.

All of the above fixed my problems, but again we have to remember, Android is crazy, at least for me.

Hope this is useful to somebody out there.

Thanks
Sameh Adel

ChasTX

Oct 11, 2015
Visit site
This was fixed for me by:

Settings
More Networks
Mobile Networks
Charge phone from Global to LTE/CDMA

After doing this, the phone immediately downloaded about 100 text messages, somehow stuck in the pipe and the Can't Download error message stopped

Wissam Hana

Oct 16, 2015
Visit site
Check your text messages there must be a file someone sent to you already and its unable to download it's happend to me and im not getting that message anymore

Y Yune

Dec 26, 2015
Visit site
noo if we keep bumpin this, someone will help us...

global s3, UK. Ask me anything and ill reply even if its just an intelligent (or stupid) guess ;)

I had the same problem twice. And i just delete all my SMS, because someone told me that some sms has multi media comtents inside and it may cause the problem. Problem solved now. Good luck.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech