Currently unable to download.

calail

May 24, 2010
Visit site
After trying everything in this thread (and it not working), I checked my SMS/MMS inbox and there was an MMS that had not downloaded the attached image. Clicking on the "download" button elicited the error message. I deleted that MMS and stopped getting the error message since then.

Well, I've had this same problem (download error message) and have tried several of the fixes noted here, to no avail. I'm sure this is going to sound stupid, but I can't figure out how to check my "SMS/MMS inbox"... my texts are all in bubble-view. I don't have an option to view drafts, outbox, inbox, etc. So, can't figure out how to find any MMS that may not have downloaded correctly so I can delete it.

I'm not a noob, but obviously, don't quite get this... any help?

MrIJS

Dec 2, 2012
Visit site
Think i have solved it. I had it, i had a picture message sent to me that would not download, just showed a download button. I deleted it and problem went away

Zammo76

Nov 21, 2011
Visit site
Thanks to this thread I have been able to get rid of the unable to connect try again later message that had appeared on my S3 about 3 weeks a go. Actually its the second time its appeared the first time I did a factory reset to get rid of it (my phone was also doing random resets).

Special thanks to Connexionbizarre, my issue turned out to be an MMS message sent from my brothers crappy Blackberry, using the Orange network that for some reason was asking me to enter a password just to view the message.

deanodrums

Aug 4, 2012
Visit site
Thanks to this thread I have been able to get rid of the unable to connect try again later message that had appeared on my S3 about 3 weeks a go. Actually its the second time its appeared the first time I did a factory reset to get rid of it (my phone was also doing random resets).

Special thanks to Connexionbizarre, my issue turned out to be an MMS message sent from my brothers crappy Blackberry, using the Orange network that for some reason was asking me to enter a password just to view the message.

The reason i started this thread was because of the major arse ache because it kept popping up. And the reason was because of an MMS. So once deleted it done the trick. Glad it has helped some people out. :D

David Paul NZ

Mar 24, 2013
Visit site
I get the same. Happens every time I restart (and that's the only time it happens). Message comes on screen then disappears after a few seconds. Irritates the hell out me me, and I wonder what updates I'm missing, but apart from that it doesn't seem to do any harm.

I'd presumed that it was an Android bug and that an Android update was being "pushed" but the system was too thick to realise that my WiFi connection hadn't yet been established.

Ah! I had misread a previous post. Looks like my problem was also an MMS send to me by a friend, which asked me to download something. I had tried to download, but nothing happened. I've now deleted the MMS and rebooted, and the "Currently unable to download" message does not appear. Thanks.

Last edited:

richcuffs

Feb 26, 2013
Visit site
My mom has this problem. We came to the conclusion that its most likely her wireless network. When she is in town she does not have this problem. She is LTE in town. At home she is Edge and has this issue.

Sent from my SGH-T999V using Tapatalk 2

Matt102030

Mar 25, 2013
Visit site
Another happy customer, this error message has been bugging me for weeks, turns out my mates wife has a phone from the jurrasic era and accidentally sent her entire phonebook a MMS download link to a 'cute puppy'... :confused: :confused: :confused:

Deleted the message, problem gone. Unforunately my mates still married to her, that one isn't so easy to solve!!

Thanks for the fix guys.

Matt

Awix301

Jun 5, 2013
Visit site
I keep getting a message pop up on my screen saying "currently unable to download.please try later".
I haven't got a clue what is trying to download because I physically haven't downloaded anything and nor can I see what is downloading.
Anybody having or had the same message? Its well annoying.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Android Central Forums
Just restore your message setting

philmiami

Aug 27, 2011
Visit site
Just restore your message setting
And how would that be?..........HARD reset?
I have the same problem...doesn't do anything BUT I think it is the Auto Retrieve MMS and also while ROAMING since I am 1200 miles away from my home area, so (MetroPCS) is roaming voice/text/1Xdata on Sprint but when outside get 4G data (T-Mobile), so my model S3 has to switch back and forth between carriers (Sprint & T-Mobile)
So it is not harming anything just a little annoying, but I will "build a bridge and get the f*** over it"......

okn0tok

Mar 16, 2011
Visit site
Hey I didn't read to the bitter end of this but I can tell you why I get this error. Is your phone rooted? I get it because my phone is looking for updates. The first time it happened was when my phone was rooted and they were pushing the update to jellybean. So I had to un root, dl the update to 4.1.2 and then I never re-rooted, well I just rerooted today and guess what message is back!? :) I haven't worked on it yet but just wanted to say it could be this issue of your carrier pinging for auto updates.

Attalla

Oct 1, 2013
Visit site
I had the same download error issue and I assumed its one of the apps I recently installed called "shut up button" and since I have uninstalled that app I haven't seen the error message. Hope this helps.

Kelly Cousins

Nov 24, 2013
Visit site
my samsung galaxy s4 screen wont respond .. get a msg saying currently unable to download try later, i cant get into my phone... it rings and msg come throught, just cant get past home screen help

GSDer

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
Kelly,
You could try booting into Safe mode and see if you're able to access the phone. It's possible that some app you recently installed is causing the problem.

To boot into Safe mode:
- turn the phone completely off
- press and hold the Volume Down rocker (and keep holding it)
- press the Power button until you feel the phone vibrate (usually 2-3 seconds)
- keep holding the Volume Down rocker until the phone finishes booting
You'll see 'Safe mode' in the lower left corner
beqenute.jpg

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM 10.2 using Tapatalk 4

nori_nori

Jan 14, 2014
Visit site
Hi, I had this issue. I solved it by deleting all my sms messages/threads. The only time I'd ever received this message, prior to the update, was when I was sent a mms message. Inthat instance the mms was never downloaded, and I deleted the message. I think, somehow during the update, the attempt to download this mms was reignited. Since deleting all sms/mms messages/threads I've not had this warning. I hope this helps. Thanks.

Ashok Kumar K R

Jun 13, 2014
Visit site
I too keep getting the same problem my screen saying "Currently unable to download.please try again later". And my device processing getting too slow when I using Internet. . Please give me a solution for this problem..

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coehlcke