Currently unable to download.

deanodrums

Aug 4, 2012
Visit site
I keep getting a message pop up on my screen saying "currently unable to download.please try later".
I haven't got a clue what is trying to download because I physically haven't downloaded anything and nor can I see what is downloading.
Anybody having or had the same message? Its well annoying.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Android Central Forums

GSDer

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
Sounds like the message you'd get from an OTA update that is trying to download but is having a problem. Do you have a WiFi connection or a data connection currently enabled?
You can try going to Settings -> About -> Software update to see if that's what's going on.

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM -0.001 using Tapatalk 2

deanodrums

Aug 4, 2012
Visit site
Sounds like the message you'd get from an OTA update that is trying to download but is having a problem. Do you have a WiFi connection or a data connection currently enabled?
You can try going to Settings -> About -> Software update to see if that's what's going on.

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM -0.001 using Tapatalk 2

I am currently using my wifi. I just tried an update and it says no updates. But I have it set to only update when WiFi is connected.

funkylogik

May 21, 2012
Visit site
does it do it after a reboot mate?

global s3, UK. Ask me anything and ill reply even if its just an intelligent (or stupid) guess ;)

deanodrums

Aug 4, 2012
Visit site
does it do it after a reboot mate?

global s3, UK. Ask me anything and ill reply even if its just an intelligent (or stupid) guess ;)

Even after a reboot/battery pull. I just don't know wtf it is. I physically can't see what is trying to download.

smooth4lyfe

Trusted Member
Sep 16, 2012
Visit site
Is something trying to download from the app store? Something must be trying to update but can't for some reason...go update all your apps from the app store and see if that solves your problem

deanodrums

Aug 4, 2012
Visit site
Is something trying to download from the app store? Something must be trying to update but can't for some reason...go update all your apps from the app store and see if that solves your problem

I have looked in there and says all apps are up to date. Just don't know what it is.

GSDer

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
I am currently using my wifi. I just tried an update and it says no updates. But I have it set to only update when WiFi is connected.
How about changing that setting so that it can update using your data connection? Then check for updates.

geekymcfly

Jan 19, 2012
Visit site
Yeah I wish I knew enough about android to suggest something different but a factory reset always fixes those issues.

"may the odds be in your favor"

funkylogik

May 21, 2012
Visit site
I was hoping that it wouldn't come to that dam it

dont do that YET mate. there must be a solution.. have you force closed all browsers, torrent apps, anything that can download things?

deanodrums

Aug 4, 2012
Visit site
dont do that YET mate. there must be a solution.. have you force closed all browsers, torrent apps, anything that can download things?

I have tried to do it in the task manager. Is there any other way to do it?

deanodrums

Aug 4, 2012
Visit site

I just went into application manager and stopped all apps that was running. The ones I didn't stop was the ones that needed to run the phone. My phone is running a lot quicker though. Back to the problem it still happening.

deanodrums

Aug 4, 2012
Visit site
Here is what it looks like. I turned the power off and back on again just to get it.

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1349627453639.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1349627453639.jpg
    17.7 KB · Views: 333

sfrrr

Jun 4, 2010
Visit site
This happened to me on my S2. The way I dealt with it was...after a few weeks, it went away by itself.

I would check the settings on news readers, subscription Chinese and French lessons, automatic app updates, and any other apps that update themselves on an automated schedule. I've changed all those types of programs to manual updates. (Also saves battery power because Wi-Fi isn't constantly seeking one refresh after another.)

deanodrums

Aug 4, 2012
Visit site
Ok cheers. I have turned off all auto update. I'll see how that goes.

sfrrr

Jun 4, 2010
Visit site
Have you tried a general Google search of this problem? I've been in your position a few times and read solutions from sites I've never heard of.

And if you do reset, maybe you should re-install apps one by one to see which one causes the problem(?).

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae