02-04-2013 10:13 PM
55 123
tools
    Yeah it does matter, you should change them to 1 hr.... One app can cause your battery to deplete very quickly if it's syncing too often

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Android Central Forums
    How do you change the frequency of the syncing? ?

01-06-2013 12:03 PM
    Turn off your NFC! I found that leaving NFC and the S-Beam off gives the galaxy s3 superb battery life. Turn off navigation also. Turn these features on only when you're going to use it.
    I never use these features so they remain off...but battery life still sux! !

01-06-2013 12:08 PM
    Your problem sounds like mine... I would get 20-30% drops in charge after turning my phone back on! I eventually exchanged my GS3 for a new one after experiencing the same problem. I, too, was frustrated after following all the recommended steps I read on the forums, including using Juice Defender, etc...
    With the same apps and settings on the new phone, it's performing as the old phone did the first week I got it. Bad phone? I don't think so...

The culprit?

I think it was my phone charger in the car... I bought this "universal high-speed" charger online, and it used to make the battery run very hot when charging.

The very helpful sales representative that exchanged my GS3 confirmed that there was likely something wrong with my battery... I think the charger damaged it somehow. I just ordered a Samsung branded charger that is "compatible" with the GS3, and have only been using the charger provided... I'm hoping that it was a faulty charger that I was using in the car. Incidentally, I won't be using that charger anymore!

Hope this helps someone out there!
    Now I couod be wrong, but I've heard to never use those el cheapo aftermarket external chargers because they could charge at a different level and fry your battery. And they don't always output what it says they do because they are so cheap. I've always gone with the manufacturer's chargers and never had a problem:thumbup:

Sent from my MetroPCS GS3
    01-06-2013 01:55 PM
    Should I be concerned? I'm not liking this battery life. Didn't last me all day. My iphone gave me about 3 more hours than this! I used it moderately...
    Sent from my SCH-I535 using Android Central Forums
    Attached Thumbnails Horrible battery on GS3 - phones dies every night! Help!-uploadfromtaptalk1360033041687.jpg  
    02-04-2013 08:58 PM
    Should I be concerned? I'm not liking this battery life. Didn't last me all day. My iphone gave me about 3 more hours than this! I used it moderately...
    Sent from my SCH-I535 using Android Central Forums
    Thsts not a fair comparis. Your iPhone didn't have true multitasking (apps saved in state is not true multitasking). An Android leaves proceeds like facebook running in the backend and other apps that use the radio. How many days have you had the phone? Is this indicidive of every day? Battery life varies widely from day to day. If you're not happy with it consider an extended life battery. You can also see what other apps are running that consume radio.
    02-04-2013 10:13 PM
55 123