SGS3 & PS3

jessesmith8888

Jun 15, 2010
Visit site
Alright so I don't have a bluetooth headset and don't want to get one.

Question: can or how can I use my sgs3 As a "headset" to talk to others on ps3 while playing battlefield 3.

The phone has bluetooth and oem headphones has a mic, so lets figure this out.

???

jessesmith8888

Jun 15, 2010
Visit site
I'm talking ps3 and using the S3 rather than a headset to communicate over the playstaion network.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

jessesmith8888

Jun 15, 2010
Visit site
I am going to try and pair them when I get home and see what happens, but any suggestions will be appreciated.

titans30dude

Feb 24, 2011
Visit site
Will not work the phone itself is not a bluetooth headset the bluetooth headset its the transceiver and the phone is the reciever so nothing will happen

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Android Central Forums

jessesmith8888

Jun 15, 2010
Visit site
The S3 can send audio to a bluetooth speaker, why not to the ps3?

Someone needs to make an app for this!

Srambo217

Dec 12, 2010
Visit site
Not only would it sound bad but would probably be a hassle to set up.

You can get a BT headset for like $15 these days dude, nobody says you have to wear it outside your living room ;)

jessesmith8888

Jun 15, 2010
Visit site
Has anyone noticed the Netflix android app can be used as a remote for Netflix on the ps3?

If you have Netflix open on both, click play on the phone, you're asked where you want to play it.

Click ps3 and presto! Your phone is now a remote for Netflix on ps3. Pause, fast forward, add comments, and more.

kkapoorr

Apr 12, 2012
Visit site
Not only would it sound bad but would probably be a hassle to set up.

You can get a BT headset for like $15 these days dude, nobody says you have to wear it outside your living room ;)

Point isn't that the Bluetooth headsets are cheap.
The point is using a phone and Android's open source nature to do stuff not possible with a WP8/iOS Device:D;)

Author Of NoobTech
http://wp.me/2uu9r

Last edited:

funkylogik

May 21, 2012
Visit site
Point isn't that Bluetooth headsets are cheap.
The point is using a phone and Android's open source nature to do stuff not possible with a WP8/iOS Device:D;)

Author Of NoobTech
http://wp.me/2uu9r

excelent point. pushin the boundries.
id say its physicly possible, just need the software :)

global s3, UK. Ask me anything and ill reply even if its just an intelligent (or stupid) guess ;)

GrooveRite

Sep 30, 2010
Visit site
??? bro

global s3, UK. Ask me anything and ill reply even if its just an intelligent (or stupid) guess ;)

Sorry I was a bit vague with my question, lol. It was meant for anyone who is familiar with the question/problem I posed about PS3's. I'm ready to hack this thing up sooner rather than later. I use my PS3 only for movie watching. It pretty much useless with the Cinavia protection that Sony has implemented within its firmware. Right now as it stands, I either hack the PS3, get another media hub such as WD Live TV or get a new Smart TV. I will most likely take the cheaper alternative! :D

funkylogik

May 21, 2012
Visit site
hacking then lol?
isnt there any ps3 hacking forums mate?

ZachA

Sep 6, 2012
Visit site
Is it a pair of Bluetooth headphones that you have?

Sent from my Droid Incredible 2 using Android Central Forums

GrooveRite

Sep 30, 2010
Visit site
hacking then lol?
isnt there any ps3 hacking forums mate?

lol I know about the hacking sites mate. I just wanted to know if anyone knew of a non-hacking workaround :)