The latest on the Apple versus Samsung case - Foreman withheld key information

funkylogik

May 21, 2012
Visit site
yeah i woke up to that news.... disgraceful eh!

global s3, UK. Ask me anything and ill reply even if its just an intelligent (or stupid) guess ;)

Tom S.

Mar 24, 2010
Visit site
yeah i woke up to that news.... disgraceful eh!

global s3, UK. Ask me anything and ill reply even if its just an intelligent (or stupid) guess ;)

It should be easily thrown out, but given the fact that Apple is worth so money in the US, I have my doubts. Just think what having the verdict thrown out would mean for Apple's stock? Their stock already dipped after the Apple Maps fiasco. Their market capitalization would take a hit, albeit not as big on the one Samsung took.

UnfocusedHTC

Jun 2, 2011
Visit site
Well at least it didn't say he was being bribed by Apple. But I do hope the verdict gets thrown out because of this.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Android Central Forums

funkylogik

May 21, 2012
Visit site
It should be easily thrown out, but given the fact that Apple is worth so money in the US, I have my doubts. Just think what having the verdict thrown out would mean for Apple's stock? Their stock already dipped after the Apple Maps fiasco. Their market capitalization would take a hit, albeit not as big on the one Samsung took.

exactly. think thats why apple win so many cases in US and not elsewhere, its a US company and pumps a lot of money into the country by using cheap labour in developing nations :(

Rev2010

Oct 26, 2010
Visit site
Everyone knows the jury foreman was biased. How else can one interpret his comment that his revelation came when he sat down and thought, "How would I defend MY patents?". At that point it was no longer about who's right or wrong but solely about Apple protecting their patents from big bad Samsung. His revelation wasn't, "How do I determine if patents were infringed upon or not", he clearly took the side of the plantiff based on his feelings of if this were to happen to him.

If it's not thrown out, which it may very well get thrown out, Sammy will appeal anyway.

Rev.

Tom S.

Mar 24, 2010
Visit site
My worry is that Apple will be granted the sales ban of the Galaxy line phones. The verdict will eventually get tossed and a new trial ordered,. but by then Apple will have crippled Samsung's US operations and basically achieved what they wanted anyway.

xlDeMoNiClx

Jan 4, 2012
Visit site

Well Apple should have that about that BEFORE it went on with this bull lawsuit and then had the jury foreman hold back evidence for them so they could win. It's their own fault, they played dirty and they should take the consequences. And I would say that about any company doing this.