Settings...

mumfoau

Trusted Member
Oct 29, 2010
Visit site
I know that there is menu > settings but it seems there are typically many more settings available. How can I access those?

EvilMonkey

Jun 4, 2010
Visit site
What settings are you looking for? There are settings in many places.

Just a few that I can think of.
  1. Menu -> System Settings
  2. I use Nova launcher, so I also have Menu -> Nova Settings for things specific to that.
  3. Then you can have some settings under the notification pulldown (to toggle things like Bluetooth), but these are shortcuts to the same toggles under System Settings
  4. Finally, most apps will have app-specific settings, which can usually be accessed with Menu -> Settings from within the app (likewise, some widgets will have settings to access)

There are probably a few more places to find some settings that I'm not thinking of.

Last edited:

Dukins

Nov 17, 2009
Visit site
What settings are you specifically referring to? Its tough trying to gauge what you are asking. Once you open menu then settings, just scroll to what you want to change and most of the time if you click on the words (not the on/off switch) you can view extra settings. Hopefully that helps. For instance menu, settings, language and input, click bolt next to samsung keyboard, click on the words to view extra settings.

funkylogik

May 21, 2012
Visit site
What settings are you specifically referring to? Its tough trying to gauge what you are asking. Once you open menu then settings, just scroll to what you want to change and most of the time if you click on the words (not the on/off switch) you can view extra settings. Hopefully that helps. For instance menu, settings, language and input, click bolt next to samsung keyboard, click on the words to view extra settings.

exactly what i was gona say mate :)
Auto Haptic is another important one where you have to tap the actual words (for anyone whose phone vibrates while watchin flash vids on a 3rd party browser or when listnin to music on 3rd party music player, this is the cure lol) ;)

global s3, UK. Ask me anything and ill reply even if its just an intelligent (or stupid) guess ;)

lbkiml

Jul 2, 2012
Visit site
Auto haptic annoys me haha. It was the first thing I turned off when I got my phone, along with the back/menu button lights.

Like the others said, without a specific setting you are pointing to, it's hard to pin point a direction for you.

funkylogik

May 21, 2012
Visit site
Auto haptic annoys me haha. It was the first thing I turned off when I got my phone, along with the back/menu button lights.

Like the others said, without a specific setting you are pointing to, it's hard to pin point a direction for you.

auto haptic is good for games so i just switch it on for specific apps in the settings :)

..oh yeah i switchd the button LEDs off as soon as i worked out how lol. had to be careful when puttin my decalgirl skin on to avoid two stupid white rectangles lol :)

global s3, UK. Ask me anything and ill reply even if its just an intelligent (or stupid) guess ;)

funkylogik

May 21, 2012
Visit site
I know that there is menu > settings but it seems there are typically many more settings available. How can I access those?

maybe you mean the settings that are only available on certain s3 versions?

mumfoau

Trusted Member
Oct 29, 2010
Visit site
The last time I used Android I was rooted and from what I gather you have access to different settings then. Maybe that's why it seems like I'm finding less settings. Not looking for any setting in particular though.

Dukins

Nov 17, 2009
Visit site
The last time I used Android I was rooted and from what I gather you have access to different settings then. Maybe that's why it seems like I'm finding less settings. Not looking for any setting in particular though.

Yeah with root you can get to and add as numerous apps and settings as you want. All depends on what you want to do to your phone. Go to the carrier forums and lurk in the rooting and roming section im sure that will give you a better idea of what you are wanting to do with your phone.

evq.003

Mar 16, 2011
Visit site
Also, pressing the settings capacitive button again in some settings menus will take you a sub-menu... WiFi settings comes to mind, for example.

funkylogik

May 21, 2012
Visit site
Also, pressing the settings capacitive button again in some settings menus will take you a sub-menu... WiFi settings comes to mind, for example.

didnt know that mate. cheers :)
update: menu button does nothing in my wifi settings mate

funkylogik

May 21, 2012
Visit site

if youre used to stock ICS then the settings in TouchWiz do take getting used to.
i think you gain more than you lose with TW though..

mumfoau

Trusted Member
Oct 29, 2010
Visit site
if youre used to stock ICS then the settings in TouchWiz do take getting used to.
i think you gain more than you lose with TW though..

I like TouchWiz. I wasn't a fan when I tried a Samsung Fascinate earlier this year but I'm digging it on this GS3.

funkylogik

May 21, 2012
Visit site
Sorry, I must be thinking of a different menu OR most likely a different phone/android flavor.

no probs mate, it could be carrier or s3 variant dependant.
next time im goin thru settings ill give the menu button a tap incase im missing anythin :)

funkylogik

May 21, 2012
Visit site
I like TouchWiz. I wasn't a fan when I tried a Samsung Fascinate earlier this year but I'm digging it on this GS3.

yeah i think the toggles in the notification pull-down should be part of stock (a bit more pretty though lol) ;)