10-27-2012 02:36 PM
67 123
tools
    it's barely scratch resistant...at all.
    I really think samsung lied about putting gg2 in that phone.

No way the glass can take that type of torture from the videos on youtube but crack from a little 2 foot fall.
    I don't know how much of an improvement gg2 is from gg but we all know gg tend to shatter from drops.

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Android Central Forums
    10-09-2012 11:32 PM
    Update:

This morning I was driving into work, as the sun rose at my back and reflected off of the phone mounted on my dash I noticed 3 or 4 hair line scratches. I gave that sad little smile of knowing that day had arrived, new phone isn't new anymore.

Like a lot of you guys I obsess over this thing, but sometimes you just gotta let it go. So here I am, letting it go.

Had I wished I put a screen protector on it...(That I had purchased), ehhh no not really. I couldn't stand the way it felt with the skin on it. Personally Id rather smooth glass over that weird tact even the best screen protectors have. So now I get to obsess over scratches that can only be seen in conditions where the lit screen cant be seen anyway...AAAARRRGH! lol jk. Ill forget it about it, eventually.
    funkylogik, clintw22 and feenixfly like this.
    10-16-2012 07:22 AM
    once u get a few harmless scratches, the phone becomes a tool and u start relaxing and appreciate it

global s3, UK. Ask me anything and ill reply even if its just an intelligent (or stupid) guess
    feenixfly likes this.
    10-16-2012 07:28 AM
    The first two things I always get right after I bought the phone is a screen protector--protect from scratches and a case--drop protection(?) (usually a soft shell). So to avoid problems of scratches no matter what type of screen it is (gorilla glass or not), it's always best to get these beforehand.
    clintw22 likes this.
    10-16-2012 08:54 AM
    Update:

This morning I was driving into work, as the sun rose at my back and reflected off of the phone mounted on my dash I noticed 3 or 4 hair line scratches. I gave that sad little smile of knowing that day had arrived, new phone isn't new anymore.

Like a lot of you guys I obsess over this thing, but sometimes you just gotta let it go. So here I am, letting it go.

Had I wished I put a screen protector on it...(That I had purchased), ehhh no not really. I couldn't stand the way it felt with the skin on it. Personally Id rather smooth glass over that weird tact even the best screen protectors have. So now I get to obsess over scratches that can only be seen in conditions where the lit screen cant be seen anyway...AAAARRRGH! lol jk. Ill forget it about it, eventually.
    I really struggled with the Spigen Ultra Nano Clear and wasted one of them before getting the 2nd one on somehow. It lasted about a month and started coming off around the top right corner where it met my case (Ballistic SG). Even though I followed (or tried to) the directions I still managed to get scratches on the protector while using the squeegee. So, my S3 screen looked beat up and abused from the 1st day I had it.

After the protector started coming loose I just removed and have gone without a protector till today. I've been a bit nervous as I am good at damaging stuff (not on purpose), and a noticeable scratch or nick would have been bugging me constantly. I don't fault Spigen or the quality of their stuff, but rather acknowledge I'm a failure at applying screen protectors. I didn't imagine it would be this difficult.

Since I've been inviting a scratch to appear the past month or so, finally put the last protector from the Spigen 3-pack on this evening and it looks great. Can't even tell its there so one less thing to worry about. I must admit, though, that my wife did it. She's way better than me on stuff like this.
    WhoMe and funkylogik like this.
    10-16-2012 06:53 PM
    I really struggled with the Spigen Ultra Nano Clear and wasted one of them before getting the 2nd one on somehow. It lasted about a month and started coming off around the top right corner where it met my case (Ballistic SG). Even though I followed (or tried to) the directions I still managed to get scratches on the protector while using the squeegee. So, my S3 screen looked beat up and abused from the 1st day I had it.

After the protector started coming loose I just removed and have gone without a protector till today. I've been a bit nervous as I am good at damaging stuff (not on purpose), and a noticeable scratch or nick would have been bugging me constantly. I don't fault Spigen or the quality of their stuff, but rather acknowledge I'm a failure at applying screen protectors. I didn't imagine it would be this difficult.

Since I've been inviting a scratch to appear the past month or so, finally put the last protector from the Spigen 3-pack on this evening and it looks great. Can't even tell its there so one less thing to worry about. I must admit, though, that my wife did it. She's way better than me on stuff like this.
    I had also purchased and botched my Spigen install; and trust me, I was careful. Generally I'm pretty good at that stuff. I had a second skin and I knew Spigen would send me another if I had a problem but in the end I just decided I liked it better without a protector. And now that Ive had a day to let my mind settle, honestly I can not see the scratches with the screen on or off in regular conditions. In order to see them at all I have to not only shut off the screen but I have to find a light source of the right color and intensity and angle to see them atall. That being sunlight glare at such an angle and intensity that it would not be possible to see the lit screen if I tried to use the phone.

So in other words...its not a problem for me. I have no plans to use a screen protector even now.
    Trees likes this.
    10-17-2012 07:35 AM
    I had also purchased and botched my Spigen install; and trust me, I was careful. Generally I'm pretty good at that stuff. I had a second skin and I knew Spigen would send me another if I had a problem but in the end I just decided I liked it better without a protector. And now that Ive had a day to let my mind settle, honestly I can not see the scratches with the screen on or off in regular conditions. In order to see them at all I have to not only shut off the screen but I have to find a light source of the right color and intensity and angle to see them atall. That being sunlight glare at such an angle and intensity that it would not be possible to see the lit screen if I tried to use the phone.

So in other words...its not a problem for me. I have no plans to use a screen protector even now.
    I have the ultra clear too. I actually messed the first one up too but the second protector I installed almost perfectly. I had zero dust and it was lined up perfect. That was about 4 weeks ago. I have now noticed dust has actually imbedded itself in the protector. I have contacted them regarding this so I will wait to hear back. I have also asked about the Glas protector seeing how it seems to have disappeared from amazon.com. If they send me one I will post a review here comparing the two.
    funkylogik likes this.
    10-17-2012 08:48 AM

women are great eh
    wish id let mine put my DealGirl on...

global s3, UK. Ask me anything and ill reply even if its just an intelligent (or stupid) guess
    10-17-2012 10:27 AM
    I have the ultra clear too. I actually messed the first one up too but the second protector I installed almost perfectly. I had zero dust and it was lined up perfect. That was about 4 weeks ago. I have now noticed dust has actually imbedded itself in the protector. I have contacted them regarding this so I will wait to hear back. I have also asked about the Glas protector seeing how it seems to have disappeared from amazon.com. If they send me one I will post a review here comparing the two.
    I have the Ultra Nano Clear also, but really want to get the Glas; can't seem to order it from Spigen online, there is no buttons to order it and put in a cart. I've been trying to order it for several days; anybody else having this problem? I sent them an email, but haven't heard back yet. =(
    10-17-2012 08:26 PM
    I have the Ultra Nano Clear also, but really want to get the Glas; can't seem to order it from Spigen online, there is no buttons to order it and put in a cart. I've been trying to order it for several days; anybody else having this problem? I sent them an email, but haven't heard back yet. =(
    Same. I'm waiting to hear back too. Seems its not available for some reason... Not on Amazon or ebay either.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2
    10-17-2012 08:27 PM

Cool. I hope it works out for you. I usually have coins, a mini-Swiss Army knife and Chapstick in my pocket along with the phone. Have to say for the time I went without the screen protector I either got lucky or the Gorilla glass did its job. Perhaps a combination of both.
    10-17-2012 08:39 PM
    Same. I'm waiting to hear back too. Seems its not available for some reason... Not on Amazon or ebay either.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2
    Got mine from Amazon along with a 64GB SD card a while back. Could be a temporary out of stock issue?
    10-17-2012 08:40 PM
    Definitely on the screen protector with the Otterbox.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk
    10-17-2012 08:44 PM
    Damn. The day I take my Galaxy out of the otterbox I accidentally dropped it, now I have a scratch on the upper right corner.

"may the odds be in your favor"
    10-18-2012 11:06 PM
    ouch man. typical lol

geekymcfly likes this.
    10-20-2012 10:16 AM
    I now have the Note 2 with no Otterbox and am very careful with it. The case obtained from Sprint looks good but it does not clip to the belt.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk
    10-27-2012 02:32 PM
    belt clips are wrong mate lol

geekymcfly likes this.
    10-27-2012 02:36 PM
67 123