Scratches, scratches, scratches...

geekymcfly

Jan 19, 2012
Visit site
I refuse to comment on scratches due to Murphys law #1334, which states;" as soon as you say you never get scratches, guess what? Ha ha your screwed now buddy", so please, do not, for any reason, mess with Murphys law and your monkey glass should be fine! :banghead:

Sent from my EVO using Android Central Forums

I just got a itty bitty scratch today. It's annoying me. Should of kept the zagg on it. Oh well

"may the odds be in your favor"

xKrNMBoYx

Aug 18, 2012
Visit site
I understand your pain. Anyone who has had a screen on their devices with screens will know. My S3 has yet to be scratched. The phone gets it's own pocket. I don't have a screen protector but I do use a Flip Cover which does the same protection most of the times when closed. Although the Flip Cover gets annoying when taking pictures and rotating the phone sometimes, the cover provides another part to hold when using the phone. There are numerous times I almost dropped my S3 in a toilet or a hard floor. Thank god I had a good grip on the cover.

funkylogik

May 21, 2012
Visit site
I understand your pain. Anyone who has had a screen on their devices with screens will know. My S3 has yet to be scratched. The phone gets it's own pocket. I don't have a screen protector but I do use a Flip Cover which does the same protection most of the times when closed. Although the Flip Cover gets annoying when taking pictures and rotating the phone sometimes, the cover provides another part to hold when using the phone. There are numerous times I almost dropped my S3 in a toilet or a hard floor. Thank god I had a good grip on the cover.

i use a flip case too when im not at home mate. you should really check out payed version of "wave control" u can set it so that something hovvering over proximity sensor turns it off so with a flip case, u just close it, no power button or nuthin.. its very pimp lol.
even without a flip case, puttin phone face down or in ur pocket switches it off and it can be set to only be active while screen is on to save power. it hardly uses any power anyway. was developed on an s3 :)
other than that it has all sorts of music control functions too but i bought it purely for the screen off function (dont be tempted to try a cracked version.... it killed my phone for an hour....scary! :)

EDIT wow that was a long post lol and i have nothing to gain from it. i should be in the PR business lol :p

global s3, UK. Ask me anything and ill reply even if its just an intelligent (or stupid) guess ;)

ttrimmer

Sep 5, 2011
Visit site
I'm betting most people here have micro scratches they don't even notice. I baby mine but decided to put a protector on after going naked a few weeks. I didn't think I had any scratches and I checked several times under different types of light. I installed the protector in my bathroom under one of the heat lights they have in some bathrooms and that's when I noticed several micro scratches. I babied mine. Never in a pocket with anything else ever.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Android Central Forums

funkylogik

May 21, 2012
Visit site
i havd a S.A.D (seasonal affective disorder) lamp, its like 20,000 lux or something (fools my brain into thinkin its sunshine to release seratonin)
and looking at all angles against that, i cant find anything........ yet lol

global s3, UK. Ask me anything and ill reply even if its just an intelligent (or stupid) guess ;)

Roffles

May 7, 2010
Visit site
No screen protector here and it's in and out of my front pocket all day. Not 1 scratch.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Android Central Forums

Same here...my screen is flawless. The plastic back cover is scuffed up pretty good from setting it down and picking it up several times a day but I never expected anything else. If I care, I'll eventually cough up the $5 and replace it. Or, perhaps I'll get one of these:
Carbon Look Battery Door Back Cover For Samsung Galaxy S3 / S III / i9300 Black | eBay

funkylogik

May 21, 2012
Visit site

ansextra

Apr 16, 2011
Visit site
No scratches here. It sits on my desk all day and in my pocket with no keys or sharp objects otherwise. I've had mine since July with a slim case on the backside and nothing on the front side.
I pre-ordered mine on Verizon. I keep an EXTREMELY thin case on the phone just to give a better grip and I don't have one scratch on it. It still looks like the day I got it.

Since9600

Oct 24, 2010
Visit site
I never used a screen protector on my old Epic 4G and it looks as good as new screen-wise, My Galaxy S3, the same and I always clean it by wiping on my jeans. BUT!!! While removing my case for a battery pull, noticed I have a small tiny pinhole pit on middle of my back cover that has been in the snap on case since I got it.. Totally wasn't there when I un-boxed my phone... Sometimes stuff happens...

funkylogik

May 21, 2012
Visit site
I never used a screen protector on my old Epic 4G and it looks as good as new screen-wise, My Galaxy S3, the same and I always clean it by wiping on my jeans. BUT!!! While removing my case for a battery pull, noticed I have a small tiny pinhole pit on middle of my back cover that has been in the snap on case since I got it.. Totally wasn't there when I un-boxed my phone... Sometimes stuff happens...

yeah my battery cover is a mess man. doesnt bother me though, i have a skin on it and usualy a case, its just a daft piece of plastic, as long as the front is fine :)

sledge007

Apr 10, 2011
Visit site
I should have put a screen protector on my Otterbox Defender top layer, because that's where all my scratches are. Working in road construction, I'm surrounded by dust all day long. My phone's fine though, I've removed it several times to try and clean the outer case.

funkylogik

May 21, 2012
Visit site
I should have put a screen protector on my Otterbox Defender top layer, because that's where all my scratches are. Working in road construction, I'm surrounded by dust all day long. My phone's fine though, I've removed it several times to try and clean the outer case.
lmao a protector for the case :) soon we'l have cases for cases ;)

Bond32

Jun 27, 2010
Visit site
I have the otterbox screen protector on my spigen screen protector, does that count? Lol

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

djgadget

Aug 21, 2012
Visit site
I had my S3 for 2 months now.... apart from a "Dapad" skin covering the battery cover, my screen has been naked from day 1... I hate screen protectors... The first day, my phone fell out of my pocket on the street, right on the glass, not a single scratch... in my pocket with keys, coins... not a single scratch.... so I don't understand, why so many people out there have issues.... Unless the first lot didn't have Gorilla Glass 2, and they didn't tell us... That would be my guess...

I have a female colleague in my office, who has been so careful with her S3, even has a "fluffy" case for it.... Screen Protector, Rubber Skin, and she has a crack on the side of her screen and she has no idea how...

I run a SIM manufacturing facility... and my phone is constantly being opened up by my staff and used as test phone, when we make changes to the SIM operating system.... still no scratches...

Guess I am one of the lucky ones :D....

Rasta4i

funkylogik

May 21, 2012
Visit site
aye rasta iv been sayin it for months man theres a bad batch of glass.
are you on the global version?

reeneebob

Banned
Aug 21, 2010
Visit site
I don't have a protector on it, never have, no case for several weeks, and no scratches. Had it since release. Dropped it about 4 or 5 times on carpet, concrete, tile and cushion floor and no cracks or scratches. I'm using an upgrade today and getting the red one (can't resist) so I guess we shall see how that fares. My husband will be using my blue one since his iPhone 4 is having some issues with os6...so I will keep an eye on the condition of the phone.

I got blisters on me fingers!!! from using Tapatalk

funkylogik

May 21, 2012
Visit site
why not wait on one of the new colours?
or sell your new one and put a coloured decal skin on the old one? ;)

djgadget

Aug 21, 2012
Visit site
funkylogix,

I have a i9300T, which is now a i9300 after going to Jelly Bean...

Tell you what though, I do like the Team GB Olympic covers I saw when I went back home for a holiday this summer... especially the blue one, with the Union Jack, I'm a patriot... if I had one of those, then i wouldn't use a skin on the battery cover... Haven't seen any of those here in Bangkok...

Rasta4i

gta50419

Sep 17, 2012
Visit site
Yeah this S3 scratch and breaks extreamly easily.
My screen cracked on the 2nd day from less then a 2 foot fall...INDOORS on a tile floor.

Hell my iphone 4 been abused to hell, fell outdoor on rocks, the street, ect for 2 years and never had a deep scratch.