12-05-2012 06:15 PM
121 12345
tools
    A dock for rooted users

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Android Central Forums
    Oh. I knew that . Lol. I've seen it just didn't know what it was called. Cool

Any reasons why you didn't flash on screen buttons instead of using that app?
    10-09-2012 08:57 PM
    congrats mate whats best thing about it?
    you can get flash from adobe's site i think and it works with certain browsers
    i just got a playstore update of flash today. i think the official update is gona keep flash in s3s that already have it

global s3, UK. Ask me anything and ill reply even if its just an intelligent (or stupid) guess
    10-09-2012 09:09 PM
    Oh. I knew that . Lol. I've seen it just didn't know what it was called. Cool

Any reasons why you didn't flash on screen buttons instead of using that app?
    Oh sorry, it's called button savior

I love it because it also comes equipped with a power button

Sent from my SAMSUNG Galaxy s3 running cyanogen mod 10

Like a boss!
    10-09-2012 09:49 PM
    i just got a playstore update of flash today. i think the official update is gona keep flash in s3s that already have it

global s3, UK. Ask me anything and ill reply even if its just an intelligent (or stupid) guess
    Yea I still gotta get flash on this, I forgot to backup several apps

I love the little things, like the red line under misspelled words, the ability to set silent modes during sleeping hours

Changing the ui colors and of course the blazing jelly bean speed

Like a boss!
    Attached Thumbnails Just rooted my phone,now what?-uploadfromtaptalk1349837605899.jpg  
    10-09-2012 09:53 PM

You use go sms right? Have you ever used the widget?

I'm trying to find that feature in which you can quickly reply from the widget without having to open the inbox, do you known how to activate it?

Like a boss!
    10-09-2012 10:19 PM
    ha love the new sig' mate did backups of your launcher set-ups work?

10-09-2012 10:26 PM

Yea, that was actually one of the few things I backed up

Worked perfectly

Like a boss!
    funkylogik likes this.
    10-09-2012 10:28 PM

I can't figure out how to set back the gosms widget so you can reply without opening the app

Nvm, i found it, it's an entirely separate widget app that does it

Like a boss!
    funkylogik likes this.
    10-09-2012 10:29 PM
    I can't figure out how to set back the gosms widget so you can reply without opening the app

Nvm, i found it, it's an entirely separate widget app that does it

Like a boss!
    didnt even know there was a widget for that lol...

10-09-2012 11:36 PM
    First thing I do when I root a device is remove unnecessary software/apps/files. Then I start modifying files (adding more bibles to my app or adding new settings.

My first reason to root is to overclock though. I like to find an effecient clock for any device (performance/effeciency [battery, heat] ratio)

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Android Central Forums
    10-09-2012 11:47 PM
    what do you find is the cpu clock "sweet spot" on s3 mate? (i know it will differ from the global s3)

10-09-2012 11:59 PM
    I wish I could provide that information but my S3 isn't rooted. I'm a bit paranoid of my devices breaking down if I root them. I usually root my device after my warranties run out, and i decide to not pay for the insurance.

My only hopes would be that if its the same SoC as the Note 2 then that it should be able to run at 1.6GHz with no issue (although it's an obvious belief.) Only concern would be how long it would last with a 200MHz speed bump on a 2300 or is it 2100 mah stock battery compared to the Note 2's monster battery.

Best to ask for good clocks at the xda forums or somewhere they tinker their devices more.

.:edit:.

Overclocking an International S3 to 1600MHz gets a quadrant score higher than a stock Note 2 I believe.
    funkylogik likes this.
    10-10-2012 12:10 AM
    First thing I do when I root a device is remove unnecessary software/apps/files. Then I start modifying files (adding more bibles to my app or adding new settings.

My first reason to root is to overclock though. I like to find an effecient clock for any device (performance/effeciency [battery, heat] ratio)

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Android Central Forums
    Yea, this is what I need to learn about next

This ROM didn't come with a power saving mode

And I still need someone to help explain this over clocking and under clocking things and what are the best performance settings for it

Like a boss!
    10-10-2012 12:11 AM
    i used to use "no frills cpu control" app, set it to "on demand" set min speed low to save battery when the phones doin nuthin, set max to as high as i could get it to run stabley..
    just keep an eye on temperature.. i wouldnt wana go over 50c

10-10-2012 12:14 AM
    i used to use "no frills cpu control" app, set it to "on demand" set min speed low to save battery when the phones doin nuthin, set max to as high as i could get it to run stabley..
    just keep an eye on temperature.. i wouldnt wana go over 50c

This is how cm10 has it set up upon boot

So what would I need to do to enter power saving mode

Also, regarding the temperature thing you mentioned, when you set it too high or low the temperature changes?

Like a boss!
    Attached Thumbnails Just rooted my phone,now what?-uploadfromtaptalk1349846516481.jpg  
    10-10-2012 12:23 AM
    yeah the higher you set the clock, the hotter itl get. for powersave just set the max lower (im not sure what TW powersave underclocks it to) just set max as low as the phone will function for txts and calls for power saving.
    think No Frills has a safety thing so that if the phone crashes, it will go back to default settings to prevent a boot loop so youre pretty safe to mess around.
    theres also stability test apps (cant remember any names) to really push the phone and see if it remains stable at whatever clock speed u have it at

just looked at your screenshot... DONT check that box until you know the settings are stable mate

10-10-2012 12:30 AM
    yeah the higher you set the clock, the hotter itl get. for powersave just set the max lower (im not sure what TW powersave underclocks it to) just set max as low as the phone will function for txts and calls for power saving.
    think No Frills has a safety thing so that if the phone crashes, it will go back to default settings to prevent a boot loop so youre pretty safe to mess around.
    theres also stability test apps (cant remember any names) to really push the phone and see if it remains stable at whatever clock speed u have it at

just looked at your screenshot... DONT check that box until you know the settings are stable mate

Alright, so I'm testing it a bit, does this mean that I'm over clocking it?

Like a boss!
    Attached Thumbnails Just rooted my phone,now what?-uploadfromtaptalk1349873730039.jpg  
    10-10-2012 07:55 AM
    nah isnt the US s3 clocked at 1.5 by default?
    youv just set the minimum lower which is good for battery as long as the phone still works while screen off (recieves calls, txt etc)

10-10-2012 08:16 AM
    nah isnt the US s3 clocked at 1.5 by default?
    youv just set the minimum lower which is good for battery as long as the phone still works while screen off (recieves calls, txt etc)

Oh yea

So what exactly am I doing when I set the minimum higher?

Doesn't that make my device faster?

Like a boss!
    10-10-2012 08:19 AM
    try settin the max to 1.6xx mate, im sure it can go higher, then test it with quadrant app to see if its improved performance...

theres another app called "set cpu" or something thats a bit more complex i think and maype isnt free any more

10-10-2012 08:22 AM
    try settin the max to 1.6xx mate, im sure it can go higher, then test it with quadrant app to see if its improved performance...

That's the highest it can go for my phone, I can't go to 1.6 its not on the list

But what exactly am I doing when I increase my minimum? Does it make my phone faster?

Like a boss!
    10-10-2012 08:25 AM
    nah increasing the minimum just stops the phone from slowing down when it wants to.. pointless mate.
    maybe it was the quad core id read been overclocked to 1.7x ghz or maybe a different rom...

10-10-2012 08:28 AM
    nah increasing the minimum just stops the phone from slowing down when it wants to.. pointless mate.
    maybe it was the quad core id read been overclocked to 1.7x ghz or maybe a different rom...

Well if I stop the phone from slowing down that technically means you will always have a fast phone

I'm not sure but I feel super fast today on this, maybe because it's just because it's my second day of jelly bean, or raising the minimum makes me faster

Like a boss!
    10-10-2012 08:38 AM
    yeah but fast when it doesnt need to be. with "ondemand", the cpu speeds right up when you need it to (scrolling for example) then when you dont touch the phone it should drop right down to minimum (saving battery)
    theres real-time cpu monitor apps where youll see what i mean.
    seems like your rom doesnt have overclocking mate. youll have to ask someone with same rom man

10-10-2012 08:45 AM
    maybe just setting it to "on demand" has speeded it up.. dont know what its at by default.. but youll notice a battery drain with "min" set higher than default mate

10-10-2012 08:48 AM
121 12345