Just rooted my phone,now what?

Apr 10, 2012
Visit site
Just went through the process of rooting my first Android device, and wow the adrenaline is pumping now

So my question is: what now?

Any special apps I should try now or anything?

In not quite ready to rom as yet, but would like to try some new things with my new powers

Already did one thing: I now have the ics dock

On my Samsung galaxy s3 running android 4.0

Because unlike ios, i keep my apps in app drawers, and not in infinite cluttered homescreens

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1349629129733.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1349629129733.jpg
    87.4 KB · Views: 164

Tkbredx

Apr 8, 2012
Visit site
Cool man.

Ad Away. Get rid of those pesky ads.

WiFi Tether. Get to sharing your WiFi to your electronic devices.

Apr 10, 2012
Visit site
Cool man.

Ad Away. Get rid of those pesky ads.

WiFi Tether. Get to sharing your WiFi to your electronic devices.

Thanks a ton, it seems to have gotten rid of all those annoying smart app lock ads

Because unlike ios, i keep my apps in app drawers, and not in infinite cluttered homescreens

Apr 10, 2012
Visit site
And it works in angry birds as well, thanks!

applecaker

Sep 29, 2012
Visit site
well with a root it allows you to make you phone more customizable like you said with roms but you also can do things like download and use rooted required apps and if you ever have any problems check out this site they give you roms unroots roots all types of stuff for any carrier.
galaxys3root.com/

Apr 10, 2012
Visit site
well with a root it allows you to make you phone more customizable like you said with roms but you also can do things like download and use rooted required apps and if you ever have any problems check out this site they give you roms unroots roots all types of stuff for any carrier.
galaxys3root.com/

Thanks. I think I'll start romming within the next two weeks, I'm taking baby steps, lol

Any other cool apps I should have?

Tkbredx

Apr 8, 2012
Visit site
No problem man. Glad it works well.

I forgot a big one though... titanium back up

Back up all your apps, data, and settings

And root explorer so you can read your storage and edit files.

Apr 10, 2012
Visit site
No problem man. Glad it works well.

I forgot a big one though... titanium back up

Back up all your apps, data, and settings

And root explorer so you can read your storage and edit files.

Thanks but where exactly are these backups going? I've backed up apps before but can never find the file on my sd card

Apr 10, 2012
Visit site
Btw, can I still receive normal sprint and samsung ota updates and stuff? I didn't rom, just root

funkylogik

May 21, 2012
Visit site
SystemApp Remover: get rid of all that bloat FOREVER :) be careful!

global s3, UK. Ask me anything and ill reply even if its just an intelligent (or stupid) guess ;)

Apr 10, 2012
Visit site
SystemApp Remover: get rid of all that bloat FOREVER :) be careful!

global s3, UK. Ask me anything and ill reply even if its just an intelligent (or stupid) guess ;)

Ah damn, too bad it's not free, i still didn't add a Google play card to my account so I have no mula

titans30dude

Feb 24, 2011
Visit site
Dont get rid of it forever just freeze or else if u unroot and need to bring it into sprint if u have a problem they will know u dont have some bloatware and not honor a warrenty replacement.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Android Central Forums

Apr 10, 2012
Visit site
Dont get rid of it forever just freeze or else if u unroot and need to bring it into sprint if u have a problem they will know u dont have some bloatware and not honor a warrenty replacement.

Oh ok, thanks for the info.

I assume that titanium backup pro is the only way to freeze an app? Or are there free apps that allow that as well

Also :

Can I still receive normal ota updates from sprint?

How can I find my backed up apps on my sd card? I made backups but can never find them on my sd

What is the importance of backups to a rooted non rommed user?

Thx in advance

titans30dude

Feb 24, 2011
Visit site
I use titanium to freeze and u should still recieve ota updates as long as you dont flash a rom...i highly suggest tho to unroot before u update

titans30dude

Feb 24, 2011
Visit site
Also i dont backup unless im going to flash and im not the best with flashing so i dont know where u can find the backups i believe they should be under the titanium folder when u look at the contents of ur sd...or maybe ur saving it to ur internal card..not sure

Tkbredx

Apr 8, 2012
Visit site
back ups save to a titanium back up folder on the sd card. I like it, it saves WiFi passwords or if you like a game you can save the data and start where you left off even if you break your phone and get another one. Your data is always saved for you.

It's beneficial if an app you have isn't in the play store and you want to save it (like flash player isn't there but if you had it backed up you could easily put it back)

As for ota updates I believe you'll be fine since you have no rom but Idk. SkunkApe talks about it in various threads in the Sprint section. So check those those out

Apr 10, 2012
Visit site
Also i dont backup unless im going to flash and im not the best with flashing so i dont know where u can find the backups i believe they should be under the titanium folder when u look at the contents of ur sd...or maybe ur saving it to ur internal card..not sure

Oh ok, I didn't know I would be looking for a titanium folder, i always kept looking for the name of the app I backed up

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1349658454945.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1349658454945.jpg
    26.8 KB · Views: 833

funkylogik

May 21, 2012
Visit site
systemapp remover used to be free.
yeah people are right, youre best to back up to ext sd with Titanium then delete them :)

EDIT actualy would backing up non playstore apps (the bloat) and recovering them work?

Apr 10, 2012
Visit site
Alright so I should be safe as far as ota updates are concerned because I didn't rom right?

Nd if I were to unroot, is that process easy?

titans30dude

Feb 24, 2011
Visit site
I havent rooted my gs3 so im unsure but i have rooted my other phones and was really easy to unroot...as far as ota updates i would unfreeze then unroot then perform the update just to be safe.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stark