10-10-2012 12:35 PM
65 123
tools
    Yeah I heard....what a stupid decision from AT&T...maybe they think people are abusing it
    i know id abuse it lol

global s3, UK. Ask me anything and ill reply even if its just an intelligent (or stupid) guess
    10-07-2012 11:24 PM
    Now that I think of it wasn't that phone recently discussed on the weekly podcast a few episodes Ago?

On my Samsung galaxy s3 running android 4.0

Because unlike ios, i keep my apps in app drawers, and not in infinite cluttered homescreens
    lol yeah think so buddy

global s3, UK. Ask me anything and ill reply even if its just an intelligent (or stupid) guess
    10-07-2012 11:25 PM
    I don't know what thunderbolt you guys had but I loved mine...

Perhaps that same thunderbolt is why I am now paranoid about my battery life and I start freaking out when my phone hits 70%...

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2
    funkylogik and marcsledjeski like this.
    10-07-2012 11:25 PM
    i know id abuse it lol

I'm guilty of it on more than one occasion. lol
    funkylogik likes this.
    10-07-2012 11:30 PM
    in my experience, the ONLY time my s3 lags at all is when returning to homescreen (takes forever to write clock widget, dock icons and fill folders with apps) none of my previous androids have had this problem and none came close to being so powerful.
    really hope JB fixes this... maybe its Go Launcher but ive used that on all my previous phones and its aparently optimised for ICS now...

Bond32 likes this.
    10-07-2012 11:31 PM
    in my experience, the ONLY time my s3 lags at all is when returning to homescreen (takes forever to write clock widget, dock icons and fill folders with apps) none of my previous androids have had this problem and none came close to being so powerful.
    really hope JB fixes this... maybe its Go Launcher but ive used that on all my previous phones and its aparently optimised for ICS now...

I find that after I rooted I no longer have that drawing problem, except when I reboot

There's some features in apex that makes it easier to do after root

Because unlike ios, i keep my apps in app drawers, and not in infinite cluttered homescreens
    funkylogik likes this.
    10-07-2012 11:36 PM
    I honestly don't know how I get such good battery life. I use my phone like anybody else. I can plug my phone in before bed and change it to 100% and then take it off the charger and sleep for 6-8hrs and it would still be at about 95-97% when I wake up. Also I have wifi on at all times and sync on in the background.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Android Central Forums
    10-07-2012 11:54 PM
    I came back to Android for this phone very cautiously after my experience last year with the DROID Charge and LG Revolution. I have had an iphone 3gs, 4 and 4s. I held n iPhone 5 for the first time today and was surprised at how small the screen still seemed.

With that said I am very pleased with this phone and will not be going back any time soon. It's fast, very few bugs and battery is decent. Especially if you use power saving mode and juice defender.

The only thing I really miss from my 4s is siri. The 4.1 upgrade will get us Google Now, then I'll be Ok.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Android Central Forums
    10-08-2012 12:06 AM
    I came back to Android for this phone very cautiously after my experience last year with the DROID Charge and LG Revolution. I have had an iphone 3gs, 4 and 4s. I held n iPhone 5 for the first time today and was surprised at how small the screen still seemed.

With that said I am very pleased with this phone and will not be going back any time soon. It's fast, very few bugs and battery is decent. Especially if you use power saving mode and juice defender.

The only thing I really miss from my 4s is siri. The 4.1 upgrade will get us Google Now, then I'll be Ok.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Android Central Forums
    Galaxy S3 has S-Voice, but Google Bow will be the big hit!
    10-08-2012 12:15 AM
    Yeah I heard....what a stupid decision from AT&T...maybe they think people are abusing it
    Im with Rogers in Canada- 15 day return policy with less than 30 minutes of talk time. GAH. @_@
    10-08-2012 12:29 AM
    The S3 is pretty darn fast. Heck, it could well be even the fastest phone out there right now.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums
    10-08-2012 12:46 AM

Maybe try disabling S Voice? If you're talking about pressing home and the short delay, then it's because it's waiting to see if you meant to summon S Voice.

But if you meant stuff just taking a while to load on home, then it probably is Go Launcher. Have you tried Nova yet?

10-08-2012 12:49 AM
    Maybe try disabling S Voice? If you're talking about pressing home and the short delay, then it's because it's waiting to see if you meant to summon S Voice.

But if you meant stuff just taking a while to load on home, then it probably is Go Launcher. Have you tried Nova yet?

disabled s-voice and the double tap shortcut the day i started usin the phone mate so its not that.
    i know Go is heavy but i never had same problem on an (overclocked to) 629ghz single core 250mb ram phone lol.
    nah not got round to playin with nova yet but bought it during the sale. if this forum goes dead il have a play... its just kinda daunting after usin Go for so long lol

10-08-2012 01:02 AM
    disabled s-voice and the double tap shortcut the day i started usin the phone mate so its not that.
    i know Go is heavy but i never had same problem on an (overclocked to) 629ghz single core 250mb ram phone lol.
    nah not got round to playin with nova yet but bought it during the sale. if this forum goes dead il have a play... its just kinda daunting after usin Go for so long lol

I get what you mean man, been used to Go for so long it's hard to let it go, huh? :P

10-08-2012 01:16 AM
    totaly, like Go took a bit of a learning curve and im lazy lol but i want a fresh new UI in preparation for JB

10-08-2012 01:24 AM
    I find that after I rooted I no longer have that drawing problem, except when I reboot

There's some features in apex that makes it easier to do after root

im gona root soon.
    what method did u use mate?
    i read something about a no computer method which would suit me down to the ground. any1 got a link 4 that?

10-08-2012 01:33 AM
    settin up nova prime now.
    already i can tell how fast it is. havend made any folders yet though but got dock,clock and gestures set up exact same as on Go

10-08-2012 04:07 AM
    i think the phone is fast
    10-08-2012 06:56 AM
    Comparing the thunderbolt to the s3 is not really a fair judgement. You are comparing 2 year old technology with today's technology coupled with totally different skins. For me, HTC phones are always slower because of the skins that htc put on their phones. Im no fan of touchwiz either (immediately switched to nova launcher), but i have to say its leaps and bounds faster than the thunderbolt.
    10-08-2012 08:07 AM
    settin up nova prime now.
    already i can tell how fast it is. havend made any folders yet though but got dock,clock and gestures set up exact same as on Go

You will not be disappointed with prime. Its extremely smooth and very fast. Probably the best purchase I have made.
    funkylogik likes this.
    10-08-2012 09:16 AM
    phones do fast, that half the time I don't use the recent apps hold home thing. I click home then the app and its faster than using the multitasker. Phone is blazing. Can't get.much better than this.
    10-08-2012 09:45 AM
    phones do fast, that half the time I don't use the recent apps hold home thing. I click home then the app and its faster than using the multitasker. Phone is blazing. Can't get.much better than this.
    try "dock4droid" app mate, no holding any button, just touch edge of screen and a set amount of recent apps pop up with some pre-defined ones that are always there and glide thru them with ur thumb + let go when the app you like is highlighted to open it.
    its so slick, fast and pretty man just take time to play with settings and get it perfect

10-08-2012 09:58 AM
    try "dock4droid" app mate, no holding any button, just touch edge of screen and a set amount of recent apps pop up with some pre-defined ones that are always there and glide thru them with ur thumb + let go when the app you like is highlighted to open it.
    its so slick, fast and pretty man just take time to play with settings and get it perfect

I have. I liked it but I went with wave launcher. Basically the same thing, except this one is more wavy lol and it comes off the dock so to speak. Truly reminds me of webOS. You can bring the dock all the way to the top of the screen or wherever. I like that.
    Attached Thumbnails How fast is this phone?-uploadfromtaptalk1349705370251.jpg  
    funkylogik likes this.
    10-08-2012 10:09 AM
    thanks man ill give it a bash later

10-08-2012 10:12 AM
    Yeah. Dock4Droid is nice and you may like it better but being flushed to one side of the screen is an unfortunate deal breaker for me.
    10-08-2012 10:18 AM
65 123