How fast is this phone?

withravenoushunger

Feb 28, 2011
Visit site
I'm deciding between this and the Iphone 5. My experience with android phones has been horrible. Every android phone I've used has had a huge amount of bugs, terrible battery life, and has been extremely slow. I have a Thunderbolt and I cant stand this piece of crap. The battery is at almost 50% at the end of the day with barely any use. Apps crash often and take 5 to 10 seconds to load(even a note app). And a little bit ago I had some weird bug where my phone got very hot, sent a random text, and drained most of the battery, all while being in my pocket idle. It's worse with my brother's Droid 2. Does the GS3 have any of these problems? How is the battery life and how fast do apps load?

xoayr

Oct 7, 2012
Visit site
I have had no problems with my GS3 except Battery Life. It isn't that great, but with the Jellybean update, It will be improved. To resolve that problem you can use "Power Saver" or the app "Juice Defender".

Apps load really fast and they download fast.

It really is a fast phone! I switch phones alot and by far, this is the best Android Experience I have had. My Note was also very good!

For your bugs, be-careful what you download and how you root, etc.

Apr 10, 2012
Visit site
Phone is fast and is even a bit faster for me after root as some apps don't take up as much ram

On my Samsung galaxy s3 running android 4.0

Because unlike ios, i keep my apps in app drawers, and not in infinite cluttered homescreens

funkylogik

May 21, 2012
Visit site
just judging by your post (i dont mean this in a patronising way i swear) i think youll prefer the ip5 mate.
are you on a plan that lets you try a phone out for a month or whatever?

global s3, UK. Ask me anything and ill reply even if its just an intelligent (or stupid) guess ;)

withravenoushunger

Feb 28, 2011
Visit site
just judging by your post (i dont mean this in a patronising way i swear) i think youll prefer the ip5 mate.

global s3, UK. Ask me anything and ill reply even if its just an intelligent (or stupid) guess ;)

No I wish. I didn't even know you could do that. I don't know how much I'd like the screen size on the S3. The phone seems a little big for me

smooth4lyfe

Trusted Member
Sep 16, 2012
Visit site
Actually it depends on the type on android phone.

Tha Galaxy S3 is technically faster than the iPhone hardware wise, but the way iOS is made, it uses less memory which is why its smoother and doesn't really lag.

Overall, the GS3 is MUCH better. It had a pretty good battery life using Juice Defender (I get over 20+ hrs), and many more useful features. The camera is WAY better than the iPhone 5 and has many more effects and camera features. GS3 also allows the use of a Micro SD card which is Useful!

The screen size is GREAT for watching YouTube and using the phone overall...I was skeptical at first when I switched from my 4S, but now I see why bigger is better...trust me when u use it for a while...u will love it and not wanna go smaller

EvilMonkey

Jun 4, 2010
Visit site
Well the Thunderbolt is a piece of crap. Most disappointing phone ever and it would be a shame to judge all Android phones based on that.

I really think the S3 is the best phone on the market right now though. I don't think you'd be disappointed by it.

My 2 cents.

sledge007

Apr 10, 2011
Visit site
A month!? LMAO....if we go over 30 minutes talk time after walking out of the store, it's yours...no exceptions....for every single carrier in Canada.(that I know of)

OP...it's pretty fast, fast enough I don't care to analyze it too much. I just enjoy the phone...and working out of a truck, it's plugged in all day, so battery life isn't too much of a concern for me. I did order some of those (2000 mAh)battery packs that you charge overnight, then plug into your phone when the battery's getting low, but they sent me iPhone packs by mistake... Figured they'd be handy some time.

smooth4lyfe

Trusted Member
Sep 16, 2012
Visit site

I doubt there is a plan like that

Apr 10, 2012
Visit site
I guess it all depends on whether you want to use an app drawer with a 4 inch screen or an actual phone for productivity

On my Samsung galaxy s3 running android 4.0

Because unlike ios, i keep my apps in app drawers, and not in infinite cluttered homescreens

funkylogik

May 21, 2012
Visit site
No I wish. I didn't even know you could do that. I don't know how much I'd like the screen size on the S3. The phone seems a little big for me

trust me, i was the same (my fiance bought mine as a surprise) i was considering carrying around a smaller android and keepin the s3 for at home (i dont have a computer) but you really do get used to it and its just small enough to feel fine in your pocket.
i use a really slim case
http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B0080...ag=hawk-future-20&ascsubtag=UUacUvbUpU2216922

my3chis

Mar 20, 2011
Visit site
I had the Thunderbolt and that phone was horrible! Between the limited battery life, speaker blowing out and the screen that stopped displaying you should not judge all androids by it. I now have the S3 and love it. Fast, no issues after 3+ months and 14 - 16 hrs on an average battery charge. Good luck deciding.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Android Central Forums

jpullins

Aug 6, 2012
Visit site
So far my s3 has been great no problems at all. Apps load quick and little to no lag at all and my battery life is awesome. uploadfromtaptalk1349662192507.jpg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Android Central Forums

funkylogik

May 21, 2012
Visit site
remember battery life graph doesnt reset until it charges to 90% or sumthin but that graph looks legit', no charges :)