Lock Screen ripple

delldude405

Dec 1, 2011
Visit site
I want to change the unlock effect on my phone back to the Ripple effect that was the stock option. However I currently have the traditional samsung lock with expanding circle as the unlock option. I went to settings>Security>Lock Screen Options>and the Ripple effect if grayed out and the box is checked. Please help me figure this out.:confused:

titans30dude

Feb 24, 2011
Visit site
you should have your screen lock set to swipe. and then you can go into lock screen option and ripple effect.

I believe he does bc he said hes using the traditional circle with the lock...so it is swipe to unlock...not sure why its greyed out tho, thats whats odd

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Android Central Forums

anthony2558

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
I believe he does bc he said hes using the traditional circle with the lock...so it is swipe to unlock...not sure why its greyed out tho, thats whats odd

as far as I know, there is no traditional circle with the "lock" unless your running JB or some other custom ROM or stock Vanilla. The S3 does not have that lock screen.

marcsledjeski

Apr 21, 2011
Visit site
I want to change the unlock effect on my phone back to the Ripple effect that was the stock option. However I currently have the traditional samsung lock with expanding circle as the unlock option. I went to settings>Security>Lock Screen Options>and the Ripple effect if grayed out and the box is checked. Please help me figure this out.:confused:

delldude, do you have a live wallpaper set? If so, it only does the traditional samsung lock with expanding circle. Switch to a picture for your wallpaper and it will do the ripple effect.

anthony2558

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site

as far as I know, there is no traditional circle with the "lock" unless your running JB or some other custom ROM or stock Vanilla. The S3 does not have that lock screen.

I forgot that if your using a live wallpaper it only gets the "lock" option. My bad everyone. Sorry.

delldude405

Dec 1, 2011
Visit site
Hey! That worked. I was using a wallpaper from zedge. It was in their "Live" Gallery even though it didnt move. I never realized that. So I moved the file into a new folder and I now have the ripple effect back! Thanks all! The best community!

smooth4lyfe

Trusted Member
Sep 16, 2012
Visit site
delldude, do you have a live wallpaper set? If so, it only does the traditional samsung lock with expanding circle. Switch to a picture for your wallpaper and it will do the ripple effect.

Is that for the Verizon version only? I had a live wallpaper and I was still able to use the ripple effect to unlock my phone

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance