How to access s3 external sd on mac?

gta50419

Sep 17, 2012
Visit site
Android transfer not working.
Kias was working until the new update.
Double twist not working.
Airdroid doesn't reconize the external sd card.
Isyncer doesn't work.

Any way to do this? How the hell are the people with macs supposted to transfer their stuff to SD cards without taking it out everytime?

Last edited:

anon(631531)

Jan 5, 2012
Visit site
You have an app within the SGSIII called "my files". It came with the phone. There are two folders within that app: SD, and ExSD. You can transfer files from one to the other, without the need to download a file transfer app from the market. Hope this helps.:)

P.S. You can't transfer files from the Mac (i have one, too). You have to do it on the phone itself. I personally find this easier.

Trees

Sep 20, 2012
Visit site
Another thing you can try is Kies Air via WiFi. Enable Kies Air app on your S3, and then point your Mac based browser to the IP address that Kies Air on the S3 provides. You can browse internal and external SD cards from the main Kies Air browser session. Go down to the bottom left portion on your Kies Air browser session and you'll see the File Explorer option. Its worth a try as Kies Air does not require you to install any apps on your Mac.

One minor thing to look out for is browser dependencies. I primarily use Chrome, and lately have been getting a notification that "Java (TM) is required to display some elements on this page.". I open another tab that takes you to the page for "Install plug-in", and this loops into a message that Java 7 is not compatible with Chrome given Chrome for Mac is a 32-bit browser. For now I've been ignoring this problem.

You could try Safari, but I'm having issues with version 6.0.1 where it states "Safari can't open the page. "Kies Air IP string goes here". The error is: "The operation couldn't be completed. Operation not permitted" (NSPOSIXErrorDomain:1). I don't have the time or inclination to troubleshoot that further these days, but suspect that the issue can be resolved with a bit more research and/or workarounds.

11Oct12 Update: So I got tired of the "Operation not permitted" issue in Safari when trying to access the Kies Air session on the S3. A bit of Google sleuthing lead to a good thread on the Apple Support Communities https://discussions.apple.com/thread/2296455?start=30&tstart=0
My particular firewall was blocking access to the Kies Air IP address and port combination. At first I tried granting trusted access for the particular IP, but didnt solve the issue. I reset the firewall config after exporting my current config. Not sure how a local LAN address became "untrusted" as I don't recall blocking it. So, no issues at this point with using a Safari based session for Kies Air access to the S3.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol