How to claim for warranty to get a new phone/ full rplacement money

mr.rk

Oct 9, 2012
Visit site
Hi guys,

Recently I got a Samsung galaxy s-III from at&t store with a 20 month contract. I have 2 year warranty for this phone from square trade. My phone dropped and has cracked screen. I want to claim for refund item price. How much refund I will get? and what about my contract with at&t? Can I get both refund and damaged phone back? ( warranty with 99$) deductible.

funkylogik

May 21, 2012
Visit site
is it warranty or insurance?
i always thought warranty was just for faults in the product, not accidents?

global s3, UK. Ask me anything and ill reply even if its just an intelligent (or stupid) guess ;)

funkylogik

May 21, 2012
Visit site
p.s, youll have to send the phone away so i doubt youll get it back ;)

global s3, UK. Ask me anything and ill reply even if its just an intelligent (or stupid) guess ;)

trucky

Oct 12, 2011
Visit site
From Square Trade:

Coverage Details
2 years of coverage: The SquareTrade Smartphone warranty covers your Smartphone for up to 2 years, starting on the date of purchase.

Covered Issues: Both accidents (e.g., broken screen or other damage through drops AND liquid damage including full immersion) and out-of-warranty normal use failures (e.g.,hardware failures or malfunctions) are covered. We do not cover loss, theft, willful damage or damage occurring through gross misuse.

Deductible: A $99 Deductible applies to all claims.

How it works: File a claim online or over the phone. If a replacement is available at the time you make your claim, we will ship it to you as soon as possible via overnight delivery. Or, if your replacement is not available, we'll send you a next-day prepaid shipping label and expedite the repair of your phone. And, if it's easier for you we're happy to allow you to seek local repair / same day replacement. If SquareTrade is unable to repair or replace your phone, you will get cash back equal to replacement value up to the original coverage amount.

Older Smartphone: This coverage is restricted to Smartphones purchased in the last 30 days. Older Smartphones can still be covered through the SquareTrade App.

Srambo217

Dec 12, 2010
Visit site
Sounds like you get a refund if they can't refurbish the device. You won't get both dude.

How about you accept your mistake and not try and pull a fast one on these guys?

Sent From My Rooted/Modded SGSIII - If I've helped you please click 'Thanks'!

ghostriderz85

Oct 7, 2012
Visit site
Whatever happens to your phone or claims, whether they give you a new one or refund you, you are still under contract, you can not get away with it just because you lost or broke your phone, you can not just say that you do not have a phone now so you should be free from contract, the only way to get away with it is to finish the contract or pay the early termination fee which I think is 350

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Android Central Forums