phone updated yesterday and changed things

heinousjoe

Oct 9, 2012
Visit site
My galaxy 3 gave me an update yesterday and now a few things have changed that I dont much like and I cant find a way to change them back. Hopefully someone can help
First, now when I get a text, the little blue light doesnt come on telling me I got a text.
Second, there's no longer a settings option on my keyboard when typing, and now my phone doesnt automatically correct contractions or capitalize words.
Ive spent a few hours going through everything I can think of and I cant find out how to fix these

smooth4lyfe

Trusted Member
Sep 16, 2012
Visit site
My galaxy 3 gave me an update yesterday and now a few things have changed that I dont much like and I cant find a way to change them back. Hopefully someone can help
First, now when I get a text, the little blue light doesnt come on telling me I got a text.
Second, there's no longer a settings option on my keyboard when typing, and now my phone doesnt automatically correct contractions or capitalize words.
Ive spent a few hours going through everything I can think of and I cant find out how to fix these

I'm guessing you are using the stock keyboard?
Go to Settings -> LED Indicator, and make sure all those boxes are checked

As for the keyboard, I would recommend using a different keyboard than stock, because imo the stock is not really all the good
I would go with SwiftKey, which has the best predictable auto correct as well as additional themes...you can check it out in the Google Play store

heinousjoe

Oct 9, 2012
Visit site
The boxes are checked except for low battery indicator, which ive never used

And for texting I use the go sms app key board. Ive also checked and the stock keyboard doesnt have the settings button either

unlmtdRW

Jul 20, 2012
Visit site
You're probably going to throw something at me for asking this but... since the update was installed have you powered off your phone and re-started? (not talking a reset, just power off and then back on) If that doesn't clear up the issues, you might go into App Manager and clear the data & cache for the troubled apps and see if that helps them? If that still doesn't clear up the issues, you may need to force stop the apps and restart them? Hopefully you shouldn't have to resort to uninstalling and re-installing the apps.
There... done... throw something soft, pls. :)

evq.003

Mar 16, 2011
Visit site
And for texting I use the go sms app key board. Ive also checked and the stock keyboard doesnt have the settings button either

On your keyboard, I'm guessing you have the voice button or something else there instead? Try press and holding the button to the left of the spacebar (where the settings button used to be) and you should get a popout with 3 options, where one of which should be the settings button. Without lifting your finger, slide over the settings button then release. That should change the "old" button to the settings button.

heinousjoe

Oct 9, 2012
Visit site
On your keyboard, I'm guessing you have the voice button or something else there instead? Try press and holding the button to the left of the spacebar (where the settings button used to be) and you should get a popout with 3 options, where one of which should be the settings button. Without lifting your finger, slide over the settings button then release. That should change the "old" button to the settings button.

Thanks dude. That explains that but its still not auto correcting contractions like it was. Maybe I needa mess around with it more.

Also I uninstalled/reinstalled go sms and now it blinks a green light (instead of a solid non blinking blue light)
I tried messing with it again and if I change the settings it just doesnt work. Idk whats going on

Thanks for the help guys

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bjammmin007