03-02-2013 05:57 PM
39 12
tools
    I just told the lady when I called in that the card was purchased a little over a month ago, and she didn't have any issues starting the replacement. I have to wait until I get home to get the serial number off of it and a little more info, but she was very helpful. It did bother me that Samsung was no help at all, basically made me feel like they don't give 2 shi!ts after the sale... Just my .02..
    10-12-2012 01:14 PM
    nice one and i agree mate. at least apple look after their customers (and im pretty anti-apple lol)

customer loyalty is sometimes a big thing for me. if a shop or manufacturer treats me nice i remember it.

i remember when i was like 8y/o a pair of sony headphones broke when i sat on them. i wrote (before email lol) to them asking if i could buy the part to fix them. they sent me a brand new set
    i always wonder if thats whats made me love sony/SE phones lol

global s3, UK. Ask me anything and ill reply even if its just an intelligent (or stupid) guess
    10-12-2012 01:19 PM
    So today I kept getting an error that the card wasn't readable... I would just eject the card and put it back in... maybe a dozen times. Well, tonight I decided to take it out and back it up, now the phone doesn't recognize it at all. Anyone know what's wrong? I've tried formatting with Windows, tried formatting it in the phone, nothing at all works. With the card in the phone it keeps saying, Mount SD card..

{Thx in advance}
    What file system are you formating it to? How big is the card?
    Have you tried formatting it with EaseUSpartitionmanager? It has often worked when others haven't. It wouldn't hurt to give it a try. Download and install on your computer. If it finds it, use it to format it to fat32 or fat16.
    10-12-2012 06:32 PM
    I tried formatting with windows, with my Mac, and even on the phone. The card is dead, as someone else said, there is a defect with the SanDisk cards. I have a replacement on the way.
    10-12-2012 11:42 PM
    I don't know that this is just a Sandisk issue. I had a 16gb Class10 Adata. I just now looked online for an answer to my SD card problem. This has been going on for the last 3 days.
    Following reading this thread; the SD card was "removed unexpectedly".
    I took it out, and put it back in the phone with no response. Then promptly plugged it into my laptop.
    Nada.

I think it might be the phone?

I put my other 16gb Class4 >Kingston< into the phone and it mounted fine. :/

(Galaxy S3 user. I've had it since release. Best Buy purchase. Verizon Service.)
    10-14-2012 08:48 PM
    Misaxchan10... I agree with you.
    There is one common denominator in all of this.. the phone. I wonder if the card is actually frying inside the device. I'm a pretty heavy user, and I know sometimes the back of my phone gets warm... that could only mean the main board inside is at least as warm as the plastic back cover, which can't be good for anything associated with the board. If I recall, I've read posts about others SIM cards being rendered useless... same theory?
    10-14-2012 08:59 PM
    yup i think its a phone fault. would love to know if Samsung sd's have been affected.
    id bet it affects any brand at random but samsung will only replace the samsung ones...
    p.s, ive had overclocked phones get far hotter than the s3 in the past and the sd has been fine. hottest my s3 gets is around 45c but ive had phones go well over 50

global s3, UK. Ask me anything and ill reply even if its just an intelligent (or stupid) guess
    10-15-2012 09:38 AM
    I had the same thing happen on my Verizon GS3 also. I killed two PNY cards somehow. I switched to a SanDisk Ultra, and put a "vented" case on my phone since I also suspected it getting too hot near the card. And things have been fine ever since for me. There's a thread over at xda talking about the same thing people are experiencing:
    GS3 destroying SD cards? - xda-developers
    funkylogik likes this.
    10-15-2012 10:32 AM
    I also agree that the likely problem with the bad SD card is that the Galaxy S3 is cooking them. There are apparently a good number of S3 phones that have dying motherboards. My phone sometimes gets very warm for no apparent reason and I've lost my second SD card. Urg!
    01-18-2013 06:53 PM
    Sorry to butt in,
    happened to me last night.....
    UK S3,
    Samsung 32gb class 10 (but bought on e-bay)
    It suddenly said "card removed without unmounting" or something
    Tried card in PC but can't. even see it........its 'dead'!?!?!?
    I'm going into town today to quiz Vodafone
    But, had/have LOADS of photos and vids on this card, are they
    recoverable or lost forever??
    If so, i can't trust the card for photos any more,
    they are of birthdays etc and can't be 're taken'

FatS
    01-19-2013 01:06 AM
    This has happened to me yesterday.
    Same phone Samsung S3
    Memory card is a 32gb Adata

The card comes in and out of being recognised. Not sure how long it will last but for now it's working.

I also managed to make a backup on the PC.
    02-15-2013 01:28 AM
    I have defaulted my camera to store photo and videos in SD Card. Any videos taken more than minute is not playing back in my phone, it gives me an error message. i can play all videos less than 1 minutes, if i change the options to phone memory (Default) and take any videos greater than 10 minutes. it plays my video without any error.

my Sd card is 32 GB of class 10.

Please help me to solve this issue.
    02-21-2013 01:42 PM
    I would take the card out and put it in a reader, remove all pics etc that you have on the card. Format it on the phone and start fresh. If the phone kills the card, it will be a tiny paperweight. I ended up going back through SanDisk and having them replace mine.
    02-21-2013 06:14 PM
    Count me in...32gb Sandisk, i was getting the "card removed" error for a week or two, then today...totally dead card. Between this and the worthless battery, i'm done with Samsung...
    03-02-2013 05:57 PM
39 12