02-22-2013 04:50 PM
85 1234
tools
    iphone batteries seem to be a hit/miss kind of thing. From what I seen, some people either get excellent life out of them whereas others need to charge it every 8 hours.
    10-12-2012 04:31 PM
    mine is showing 12 hours and 22%. the problem is that I can go days sometimes and no problem. I mean I hardly use my phone during the day. Most of the time when I get home from work its still at 85% then all of a sudden like this morning I picked up the phone to fire off a quick text and 5 hours in I'm down to 49%. I wonder what the heck. There is another thread on here about this same problem and some folks have spent days and days trying to figure what is causing it. Nothing has been decided yet because they can'tseem to narrow it down to any one thing. I can't even find out if samsung or the android world even admits there is a problem. Thats what is troubling. The manufacture won't even acknowledge a problem exist. If it was normal it would behave the same day in day out with similar use. Mine goes from one end of the specturm and back with similar use day to day. beats the heck out of me. I thought I would not make it home today
    10-12-2012 05:13 PM
    Lol, I would take an iPhone over the GS3 any day of the week! and the battery life on the 4, 4s, and 5 is much better than the GS3, I have a 4S, a 5 and a GS3.
    That made me laugh. Chances are if you got another 4, 4S, and S3 the results would be very different.
    10-12-2012 05:18 PM
    FWIW, really 85% battery after almost 3 hours isn't that bad... Sure we would like it to be better but it's not really to far off from normal.... First 10% of battery loss always seems to go fast from full charge..

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums
    I agree with this. In fact, I'd kill to get that kind of battery life on my GS3. I have to charge my phone several times a day and typically, I lose 75% - 80% of battery life in ~ 5 hours or less. And this is while just using the phone to play some music stored on the SDCard, with nothing else going on and all of the typical battery killers turned off. Any kind of "real" use (email, web browsing, texting) cuts my battery life to around 3 hours for 100% to completely empty. I've had several Verizon techs tell me this is about average for the SG3. I've come to accept poor battery performance as part of the Android experience.
    10-12-2012 05:22 PM
    Lol, I would take an iPhone over the GS3 any day of the week! and the battery life on the 4, 4s, and 5 is much better than the GS3, I have a 4S, a 5 and a GS3.
    Ha! I have a gs3 and my girlfriend who lives with me has a small screen iphone 4s, and she certainly doesn't get more battery life than i do. And for the record i would chose my Gs3 over her small screen handicapped iphone any day of the month!!!
    xlDeMoNiClx likes this.
    10-12-2012 05:34 PM
    When I'm out with friends their iphones are always dying... I've never had battery envy over a iphone . I was in the city for 12 hours the other day and with heavy use (checking fantasy app excessively all day, texting, tweeting) I still had 20% battery. My biggest battery saver is putting the screen on minimum when inside. The first 25% definitely goes much faster than the rest of the battery.

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Android Central Forums
    ynomrah likes this.
    10-12-2012 06:34 PM
    i suffer no hardships doing this -

Battery Tips for Android

1. Toggle off LTE, WIFI, GPS, BT, NFC, Hotspot. Toggle on as needed.
    2. Display Brightness - Turn off Auto Brightness and Reduce Setting Bar to Minimum.
    3. Sign out of Google Latitude, GTalk, G+, Google Now, and Messenger. Disable Location Reporting/History.
    4. Beware of constantly syncing Apps and Bloatware like Facebook, Twitter, News, Non-Push Email, etc. Set Sync interval for every 1 hour or more.
    5. Turn off keyboard haptic feedback.
    6. Don't use Live Wallpaper. Use dark wallpaper if possible.
    7. Set Display Sleep Setting to 2 Minutes or Less.
    8. Set WIFI to Always stay on during Sleep if you regularly use WIFI.
    9. Turn off vibrate for Emails.
    10. Be careful of using too many live widgets.
    11. Sync Exchange Emails 30 Days or less.
    12. Do NOT use a Task Killer App.
    Gekko is absolutely correct. Do not use any task killer such as Juice Defender. You can do the same thing without them by turning off data when not using it and freezing apps that suck the life out of your battery. Apps like juice defender normally causes more issues than they fix.
    10-12-2012 06:52 PM
    You are looking for the www.imore.com site. Off you go.

Sent from my SGH-T989D using Android Central Forums
    10-12-2012 09:42 PM
    I might just gt my old flip phone out using that logic....if you're going to use a smartphone, use one with TODAY'S technology, not something that's two years old on the day it's released.
    10-14-2012 04:10 PM
    I might just gt my old flip phone out using that logic....if you're going to use a smartphone, use one with TODAY'S technology, not something that's two years old on the day it's released.
    lol i saw such a tiny lil flipphone yday for 10 (like $14) bit off topic soz but it would be great as a phone for when i have my mad wkends and only have to ring taxis.. bet the battery would last like a week

global s3, UK. Ask me anything and ill reply even if its just an intelligent (or stupid) guess
    10-14-2012 04:45 PM
    Everyone's bashing this but I want to know specifically why you choose the iphone over the GS3. I see so many reasons why the GS3 is better but I'm curious is there anything that would make the iphone better than the s3?

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2
    10-14-2012 04:45 PM
    Everyone's bashing this but I want to know specifically why you choose the iphone over the GS3. I see so many reasons why the GS3 is better but I'm curious is there anything that would make the iphone better than the s3?

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2
    The main "feature" of an iPhone is its lack of features. And I'm not joking. People like it because they get a smooth touch screen with lots of apps but very few ways to veer off the one path you can walk. Most people that go from Android to iPhone are people that have no desire to learn how to use their device or care about customization or were confused by all the options in Android. They are typically users that are okay with getting 50% of the features in a phone that does 90% of them very well. But i think this is now changing a bit more with the maps and Google integration debacle. People need this in their core is and apple let users down big time.

Sent from my Transformer Prime TF201 using Android Central Forums
    DM51 and funkylogik like this.
    10-14-2012 05:12 PM
    lol i saw such a tiny lil flipphone yday for 10 (like $14) bit off topic soz but it would be great as a phone for when i have my mad wkends and only have to ring taxis.. bet the battery would last like a week

global s3, UK. Ask me anything and ill reply even if its just an intelligent (or stupid) guess
    Or you could just buy a spare battery on eBay :rolleyes:

10-14-2012 05:13 PM
    interesting that you're posting here then...

and is it normal to have my cell battery take 57% for standby? and 12 for screen?
    seems like a lot just for standby
    10-14-2012 07:22 PM
    interesting that you're posting here then...

and is it normal to have my cell battery take 57% for standby? and 12 for screen?
    seems like a lot just for standby
    That isn't normal at all. It seems like your battery has processes running in the background or it's defective. I couldn't get 57% standby if I tried. After 12 hours, my phone has 10% standby and 47% screen with 35% battery left. And mine is only a SGS2 which is worse than the S3.

10-15-2012 01:45 AM
    The cell standby issue is well known - it's a reporting error. The percentage reported for cell standby is incorrect.
    badbrad17 likes this.
    10-15-2012 08:26 AM
    Or you could just buy a spare battery on eBay :rolleyes:

lol yeah but i end up in strange places doing strange things so dont really like havin a 500 phone on me.
    please dont roll eyes at me. thanks
    Alan

10-15-2012 08:33 AM
    lol yeah but i end up in strange places doing strange things so dont really like havin a 500 phone on me.
    Alan

Yay for backup phones.

This is from me, on my EVO 3D.
    funkylogik likes this.
    10-15-2012 08:33 AM
    So you are one of those suckers who actually paid to "upgrade" from a 4s to a 5? The ONLY reason someone would do that is for the status of saying they have the 5. No one who knows anything about technology would waste money or an upgrade to go from a 4s to a 5. A half inch larger screen and slightly faster data speeds? No, it's all about the joy of telling your friends you have a 5.

Sent from my Galaxy S3
    OBF likes this.
    10-15-2012 09:42 AM
    So you are one of those suckers who actually paid to "upgrade" from a 4s to a 5? The ONLY reason someone would do that is for the status of saying they have the 5. No one who knows anything about technology would waste money or an upgrade to go from a 4s to a 5. A half inch larger screen and slightly faster data speeds? No, it's all about the joy of telling your friends you have a 5.

Sent from my Galaxy S3
    You have finally met an iZombie. Congrats.
    10-15-2012 10:28 AM
    lmao ouch
    didnt we all do that when we bought the s3 though?
    theres no need for all this power yet (just playing devils advocate lol i hate apple)

10-15-2012 10:34 AM
    lmao ouch
    didnt we all do that when we bought the s3 though?
    theres no need for all this power yet (just playing devils advocate lol i hate apple)

Well in my defense I don't have an S3 (yet), I just spend alot of time here trying to find out as much as I can about the phone.
    funkylogik likes this.
    10-15-2012 10:46 AM
    Alan

Ha ha. Scots get into bad places sometimes :beer:

Sent from my SGH-T989D using Android Central Forums
    funkylogik likes this.
    10-15-2012 10:53 AM
    I have good battery life but I wanted to try the limiting process thing to see if it gets even better. Do you guys think 3 processes would be a good limit?

Sent from my Sprint S3 using AC forums
    10-15-2012 10:55 AM
    One thing I noticed that helps a little bit... is about every 3 hours or so go into the task manager. go to the RAM tab and do clear memory. i did that the first time and noticed I had about 62 applications open. Doing this every couple hours seems to help me.
    10-15-2012 11:30 AM
85 1234