Absolutely atrocious battery life on my S3

meanleanmachine

Oct 11, 2012
Visit site
ODwb9.png

All i've been doing is texting here and there with my gf. I have all applications off. I use GoSMS to send texts and i have juice defender running in the background.

Yet, my battery life is poor and horrible. Also I have it set to HSPA+ only, no WIFI, no SYNC on, brightness at lowest possible. Not rooted. Running 4.0.4.

Also during the night, battery life is even worse and i'm not even doing anything. I think it's the alarm clock. I've woken up in the night with mt phone off. Once i actually woke up late cause my phone died and i had no way of waking up :(

My brother just got the white S3 and he can go days without having to recharge his battery.

Can i fix it?

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
It has to be some apps or widgets. Some weather widgets can drain battery due to gps. You say hspa and no wifi? WiFi is the least battery drain of all..

Sent from my Sprint S3 using AC forums

KreepyKen

Just a cool guy
Jul 17, 2011
Visit site
Check your radio settings. If you have a weak signal, it will kill your battery...even just on HSPA+. I'm only guessing this is the culprit based on your image showing cell standby at the top of the list.

ChuckeeDroid

Sep 9, 2011
Visit site
I would also check that you don't have a Samsung account set up and syncing.
my Samsung account doubled my battery drain.

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Tapatalk 2

johnnnnnymtl

Oct 3, 2012
Visit site
I am actually having the same issues and recently downloaded the Juice Defender app. It does help a bit but not too much :( i will have to look at other options..! Let me know if you come up with anything ;)

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
I agree, looks like your signal/radio has been the problem... A poor signal making the device work overtime can drain a battery fast...

Srambo217

Dec 12, 2010
Visit site
Post your display %. From a quick glance I wouldn't call it atrocious.

Sent From My Rooted/Modded SGSIII - If I've helped you please click 'Thanks'!

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
FWIW, really 85% battery after almost 3 hours isn't that bad... Sure we would like it to be better but it's not really to far off from normal.... First 10% of battery loss always seems to go fast from full charge..

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums

gta50419

Sep 17, 2012
Visit site
FWIW, really 85% battery after almost 3 hours isn't that bad... Sure we would like it to be better but it's not really to far off from normal.... First 10% of battery loss always seems to go fast from full charge..

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums
umm yes it is matter of fact that is horrible...ever used an iphone before?

funkylogik

May 21, 2012
Visit site
umm yes it is matter of fact that is horrible...ever used an iphone before?

wish iphone users would test an android before committing to one.
if your huge screen has been on for 3hours then 80% is good ;)
EDIT: but judging by your screenshot (finaly got it to load lol) you havent had the screen on much or it would be the main battery drain.
maybe dodgy unit.. maybe an app misbehaving. sorry if i sounded harsh before id seen your screenshot :beer:
try removing juice defender.. im not a great believer in those things

global s3, UK. Ask me anything and ill reply even if its just an intelligent (or stupid) guess ;)

Srambo217

Dec 12, 2010
Visit site
OP, shut off your battery percentage, install something like JuiceDefender and RELAX. You would have reason to be concerned if it dropped to 85% in the first 5 minutes after the charge.

Sent From My Rooted/Modded SGSIII - If I've helped you please click 'Thanks'!

Gekko

Banned
May 15, 2010
Visit site
i suffer no hardships doing this -

Battery Tips for Android

1. Toggle off LTE, WIFI, GPS, BT, NFC, Hotspot. Toggle on as needed.
2. Display Brightness - Turn off Auto Brightness and Reduce Setting Bar to Minimum.
3. Sign out of Google Latitude, GTalk, G+, Google Now, and Messenger. Disable Location Reporting/History.
4. Beware of constantly syncing Apps and Bloatware like Facebook, Twitter, News, Non-Push Email, etc. Set Sync interval for every 1 hour or more.
5. Turn off keyboard haptic feedback.
6. Don't use Live Wallpaper. Use dark wallpaper if possible.
7. Set Display Sleep Setting to 2 Minutes or Less.
8. Set WIFI to Always stay on during Sleep if you regularly use WIFI.
9. Turn off vibrate for Emails.
10. Be careful of using too many live widgets.
11. Sync Exchange Emails 30 Days or less.
12. Do NOT use a Task Killer App.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
be1digital