Absolutely atrocious battery life on my S3

funkylogik

May 21, 2012
Visit site
Or you could just buy a spare battery on eBay :rolleyes:

Sent from my Transformer Prime TF201 using Android Central Forums

lol yeah but i end up in strange places doing strange things so dont really like havin a ?500 phone on me.
please dont roll eyes at me. thanks
Alan ;)

global s3, UK. Ask me anything and ill reply even if its just an intelligent (or stupid) guess ;)

xlDeMoNiClx

Jan 4, 2012
Visit site
lol yeah but i end up in strange places doing strange things so dont really like havin a ?500 phone on me.
Alan ;)

global s3, UK. Ask me anything and ill reply even if its just an intelligent (or stupid) guess ;)

Yay for backup phones. :D

This is from me, on my EVO 3D.

LegalAmerican

Feb 15, 2012
Visit site
Lol, I would take an iPhone over the GS3 any day of the week! and the battery life on the 4, 4s, and 5 is much better than the GS3, I have a 4S, a 5 and a GS3.

So you are one of those suckers who actually paid to "upgrade" from a 4s to a 5? The ONLY reason someone would do that is for the status of saying they have the 5. No one who knows anything about technology would waste money or an upgrade to go from a 4s to a 5. A half inch larger screen and slightly faster data speeds? No, it's all about the joy of telling your friends you have a 5.

Sent from my Galaxy S3

xlDeMoNiClx

Jan 4, 2012
Visit site
So you are one of those suckers who actually paid to "upgrade" from a 4s to a 5? The ONLY reason someone would do that is for the status of saying they have the 5. No one who knows anything about technology would waste money or an upgrade to go from a 4s to a 5. A half inch larger screen and slightly faster data speeds? No, it's all about the joy of telling your friends you have a 5.

Sent from my Galaxy S3
You have finally met an iZombie. Congrats.

funkylogik

May 21, 2012
Visit site
lmao ouch :)
didnt we all do that when we bought the s3 though?
theres no need for all this power yet (just playing devils advocate lol i hate apple) :)

xlDeMoNiClx

Jan 4, 2012
Visit site
lmao ouch :)
didnt we all do that when we bought the s3 though?
theres no need for all this power yet (just playing devils advocate lol i hate apple) :)

Well in my defense I don't have an S3 (yet), I just spend alot of time here trying to find out as much as I can about the phone. :)

badbrad17

Dec 2, 2011
Visit site
Alan ;)

Ha ha. Scots get into bad places sometimes :beer:

Sent from my SGH-T989D using Android Central Forums

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
I have good battery life but I wanted to try the limiting process thing to see if it gets even better. Do you guys think 3 processes would be a good limit?

Sent from my Sprint S3 using AC forums

m3atslap

Oct 15, 2012
Visit site
One thing I noticed that helps a little bit... is about every 3 hours or so go into the task manager. go to the RAM tab and do clear memory. i did that the first time and noticed I had about 62 applications open. Doing this every couple hours seems to help me.

LegalAmerican

Feb 15, 2012
Visit site
You have finally met an iZombie. Congrats.

I've met quite a few before. But I didn't even think THEY were deceived enough to think it was worth it to upgrade from a 4s to a 5. That is the absolute definitive proof that there are people out there who only buy phones to say they have one, without researching first to see if it has features or does things that they NEED and don't already have.

xlDeMoNiClx

Jan 4, 2012
Visit site
I've met quite a few before. But I didn't even think THEY were deceived enough to think it was worth it to upgrade from a 4s to a 5. That is the absolute definitive proof that there are people out there who only buy phones to say they have one, without researching first to see if it has features or does things that they NEED and don't already have.
Oh there are plenty of those. Makes me laugh when I hear someone get offended when I poke fun at an Apple product like they invented the damn things. haha

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
I had a full charge at 6 am and am now at this.. I count it as pretty good. I streamed music all day at work and watched Netflix on lunch. Also just been looking at news and forums throughout the entire day as well. The screen time was good for the battery... I'd say my worse battery drain is probably Sprint's 3g due to the speed and strength. lol ;) (note : just got home so on wifi now)

Sent from my Sprint S3 using AC forums

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1350333252184.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1350333252184.jpg
    70.3 KB · Views: 36
  • uploadfromtaptalk1350333259602.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1350333259602.jpg
    66.3 KB · Views: 37

titans30dude

Feb 24, 2011
Visit site
My gs3 battery has been amazing since i got it...yesterday i got 4 and a half hours of screen time on one charge and 15 hours off the charger

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Android Central Forums

RickG.

Jul 24, 2012
Visit site
The cell standby issue is well known - it's a reporting error. The percentage reported for cell standby is incorrect.
This is true, however it may not be the case here. It's definitely not with my S3. On the weekends I get awesome battery life (12-14 hrs) without trying any battery saving tips. When I am at work though my battery drains ridiculously fast. The reason is I get awful coverage (even though I'm in a strong 4g area) and it is eating my battery life. My cell standby is always 30-40%.
OP a good way to check is just see what your time without signal is. Mine is typically 20 - 30% which is pretty bad.
A couple things that helped:
Don't be afraid to ask for a new sim card - or even a new phone
Try powering off/removing your sim card/ powering back on and wait 30 sec/ power back off and replace sim/ power back on.
I did these couple things and while its not perfect its better.
I have also been told that there is a patch coming soon to fix connection issues.

Not sure if any of these are your problem, but hope it helps.

cgallagher

Oct 5, 2012
Visit site
I'm struggle with my battery also. I charged my phone occasionally while at work and about 3 hours ago I charged it for about 30 minutes.

How do these numbers look?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Android Central Forums

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1350445048041.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1350445048041.jpg
    62.5 KB · Views: 31

badbrad17

Dec 2, 2011
Visit site
I'm struggle with my battery also. I charged my phone occasionally while at work and about 3 hours ago I charged it for about 30 minutes.

How do these numbers look?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Android Central Forums

That seems pretty normal to me.

Sent from my Transformer Prime TF201 using Android Central Forums

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jokomad