Hi guys,

I got two question:

First, my phone has been acting a little weird lately doing things it wouldn't do before like: whenever I am texting and I receive a message, the keyboard closes itself. Has anyone had this problem before? Also, the phone 'blinks' once really fast every hour or so.

Second, related to the question above, I would like to know if there is a way to find out if a recently downloaded app can give you problems. I downloaded 3 apps back to back and I don't know if they are the reason why my phone is acting funny. Any help is appreciated.

Thank you

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Android Central Forums
    10-11-2012 03:31 PM
    uninstall them one by one but first go to developer options in settings and make sure u havent checked any boxes by mistake

global s3, UK. Ask me anything and ill reply even if its just an intelligent (or stupid) guess
    10-11-2012 03:35 PM
    Remove all 3, re-add one by one throughout the day until you notice the issue.

Of course a rogue app can cause issues. Same would happen with a computer no?

If the problems persist than a hard reset could fix it up. Try a third party keyboard like SwiftKey first before you wipe your phone.

Sent From My Rooted/Modded SGSIII - If I've helped you please click 'Thanks'!
    funkylogik likes this.
    10-11-2012 03:37 PM
    Thanks guys. I deleted the ones I think did the problem but no solution. I think they tweaked the software. It sucks.

10-11-2012 04:57 PM
    Thanks guys. I deleted the ones I think did the problem but no solution. I think they tweaked the software. It sucks.

Hmm, seems odd. Removing disruptive apps should purge the effects.

You could try wiping your cache (turn off phone, hold down power + home + volume up until you get to the recovery screen, than scroll down to 'wipe cache' with the volume keys and selecting with your power button. After wipe, reboot.)

Don't freak out over the 'updating applications' message, just let it do it's thing.

Cache data is basically the foot print apps leave in your memory's sand. Wiping the cache alone won't effect media data, contact data, messages, in-app data, ect.

Sent From My Rooted/Modded SGSIII - If I've helped you please click 'Thanks'!
    Elaldeano and funkylogik like this.
    10-11-2012 09:21 PM
    Check the reviews on the apps you think are causing problems... When u click "see all" reviews, u can select to see reviews only from people have have your device... They might be complaining of the same problems u are having

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S3 Boyyyyyy!
    10-11-2012 09:39 PM
    I will try to empty the cached data. Thanks for the tip.

And I did look at the reviews but not the ones specific to my device. Thanks

10-11-2012 10:19 PM