I am using the built in calendar widget and task widget for the GS3. My Google Calendar appointments sync just fine with the Calendar widget, but I can't sync my Google tasks to the Calendar or the Task widget.

As a test put Google Tasks Organizer widget on my phone and it just automatically brought in my Google tasks. No problems.

As another test, I created a new task via the GS3 calendar widget, that task shows up on my GS3 calendar and also on the GS3 Task widget. However when I look at my Google calender and tasks, that task does not sync back to my Google account.

This has been driving my crazy. I really like the GS3 calendar and it would be great for my current tasks to show up on the calendar widget (or even the task widget).

In the settings for the GS3 Calendar widget settings, I don't see anywhere to tell it to sync my Google tasks to the phone. I use one google account for everything and that is set to sync on the phone.

One weird thing, when I first set up my phone, I am 90% sure my tasks were syncing to my calendar, then one day they just weren't there.

Any ideas, I must have spend 5 hours on this already.
    10-11-2012 03:57 PM
    Think you have to sync Tasks to Samsung unfortunately. Only calendar events sync to Google.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Android Central Forums
    10-11-2012 09:06 PM
    Think you have to sync Tasks to Samsung unfortunately. Only calendar events sync to Google.
    Sorry, I am not sure understand what you are trying to say. Can you explain further?

I am trying to sync my Google tasks to Samsung but it is not working for me. Do you know where besides settings - Accounts and sync - my gmail account I should do this?

You can definitely sync Google tasks to the GS3, I have a 3rd party task widget doing that now. I am trying to sync these Google tasks to the built in Calendar and Task widgets that come with the SG3.
    10-12-2012 09:18 AM