Has anyone ever mysteriously gained battery back while off charge, it's happened a few times since I got my phone in June, and it isn't a big gain, it's like occasionally if you have say 90% battery and then it dips to 89%, if you take data off, a lil while after you will be back at 90%

It's super random and rare but has anyone else had this happen before? I kno its happened to me at least 3 times
    Sent from my SAMSUNG Galaxy s3 running cyanogen mod 10

Like a boss!
    10-11-2012 07:59 PM
    lol well ive never noticed it if it has happened and i have a huge luminous percentage in my statusbar.
    wonder if any of the more-geeky-than-us ones can explain this lol.
    p.s, have you calibrated your battery indicator since flashing CM? youre supposed to man

global s3, UK. Ask me anything and ill reply even if its just an intelligent (or stupid) guess
    10-11-2012 08:05 PM
    Likely the IM client is the same as OZ on Windows Mobile in that it is partially SMS based. In other words, it will only work on T-Mobile.

Looks like it's time for you to go peruse the android market!
    How do I calibrate it?

Also, why do I need to calibrate it?

Like a boss!
    10-11-2012 09:07 PM
    The battery reading isn't really that exact. Readings will fluctuate.

Sent from my SGSIII
    10-11-2012 09:09 PM

Sent from my SGSIII
    I guess that makes the most sense because in theory, how can you gain battery percentage back without some form of charging, lol

Like a boss!
    NotJustAPhone likes this.
    10-11-2012 09:13 PM
    I actually like that feature. Mine does that all the time. Say I take it off the charger @ 50% five minutes later it will be 53-54%.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Android Central Forums
    NotJustAPhone likes this.
    10-11-2012 11:00 PM
    How do I calibrate it?

Also, why do I need to calibrate it?

Like a boss!
    think theres a manual way but theres an app to make it easier. search Battery Calibration on play store mate. think theres an app for non rooted (it recalibrated my indicator by 8%!) and one for rooted devices that i think is better

global s3, UK. Ask me anything and ill reply even if its just an intelligent (or stupid) guess
    10-12-2012 10:20 AM
    In fact for years many manufacturers only showed battery usage in 10% increments to hide these fluctuations.
    funkylogik likes this.
    10-12-2012 10:28 AM
    think theres a manual way but theres an app to make it easier. search Battery Calibration on play store mate. think theres an app for non rooted (it recalibrated my indicator by 8%!) and one for rooted devices that i think is better

Oh ok, but why do I need to recalibrate it? Then stats seem pretty accurate to me and I'm using 3 different battery apps, lol

Like a boss!
    10-12-2012 10:41 AM
    not sure man. maybe because the new rom uses power differently. check the description of Battery Calibration app (top of the list) and the reviews from s3 owners (other than the two noobs who obv arent rooted).
    i think if calibration is wrong u can end up getting less battery life coz when the phone THINKS its at almost 0%, it must allow itself enough power to shut down properly unlike dumbphones that just died

10-12-2012 10:53 AM
    not sure man. maybe because the new rom uses power differently. check the description of Battery Calibration app (top of the list) and the reviews from s3 owners (other than the two noobs who obv arent rooted).
    i think if calibration is wrong u can end up getting less battery life coz when the phone THINKS its at almost 0%, it must allow itself enough power to shut down properly unlike dumbphones that just died

There are no galaxy s3 reviews for it.

But I don't think I need it anyway, my battery had been perfect since romming

Like a boss!
    10-12-2012 11:57 AM
    lol there are for the app im talkin bout. fair enough bro but atleast ask skunkape if he recalibrates after flashing. its just something ive always done coz i was taught to, maybe its not needed nowadays

10-12-2012 12:33 PM