Is it bad to restart your phone daily?

jamesino

Sep 30, 2012
Visit site
Is it bad for the phone, either hardware or software, to restart it daily before you unplug it from the charger and leave home every morning? I find that my battery life is better if I restart it daily.

Th0ms0n

Oct 8, 2012
Visit site
I'm not sure about hardware wise but I'd think it would probably be better to restart it then to run it for weeks or months at a time... Computers need to be rebooted periodically

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Android Central Forums

rvhighway

Apr 16, 2011
Visit site
I restart mine each morning. Sometimes I leave it on the charger during the reboot. Sometimes I take it off the charger and reboot it. It's about 50/50.

It's a habit I've been in since my BB Curve, through the BB Storm2 and Thunderbolt, and now the S3. In none of the cases did I find any harm to the phone or the battery for the time I owned them.

smooth4lyfe

Trusted Member
Sep 16, 2012
Visit site
There is nothing wrong with restarting it daily, or even hourly...its actually a GOOD thing to restart it to refresh the memory

Srambo217

Dec 12, 2010
Visit site
Nope. In fact its regulates certain caches.
A fresh restart can crack the whip on wayward processes you didn't know existed in the background.

Sent From My Rooted/Modded SGSIII - If I've helped you please click 'Thanks'!

dmmarck

Retired Moderator
Dec 28, 2011
Visit site
A fresh restart can crack the whip on wayward processes you didn't know existed in the background.

This.

Trees

Sep 20, 2012
Visit site
I restart mine each morning. Sometimes I leave it on the charger during the reboot. Sometimes I take it off the charger and reboot it. It's about 50/50.

It's a habit I've been in since my BB Curve, through the BB Storm2 and Thunderbolt, and now the S3. In none of the cases did I find any harm to the phone or the battery for the time I owned them.

Ah yes, the BBSBPS or BB Storm Battery Pull Syndrome (just made it up, but sounds sort of realistic - maybe?). Remember that well.

AxlMyk

Sep 12, 2012
Visit site
I turn it off every night to charge it. Don't want phone calls in the middle of the night.

---
Never had an iphone, and don't want one. Tapatalk on Samsung GS3.

jcp007

Trusted Member
May 17, 2012
Visit site
I turn my GS3 off every night to charge it, but something that I did as habit with my RIM devices. Once I take it off the charger, I turn it back on.

Sent From My Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 Tablet

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Won't hurt a thing.

This. I restart mine every night before bed. Smartphones are just mini PCs now :)

This as well.

Sent from my Sprint S3 using AC forums

funkylogik

May 21, 2012
Visit site
i do it maybe once every few days just to clean things up.
iv no idea if it does any good but it certainly doesnt do any harm other than me having to start up a couple of apps that should but dont start on boot :)

global s3, UK. Ask me anything and ill reply even if its just an intelligent (or stupid) guess ;)

MobileMadness002

Sep 9, 2012
Visit site
I hear that Zombies will attack you after 6 restarts of the phone. Restart sparingly.

Obviously kidding. Any chance of failure happens at startup, therefore it is 6 of 1 half a dozen of another.

funkylogik

May 21, 2012
Visit site
I hear that Zombies will attack you after 6 restarts of the phone. Restart sparingly.

Obviously kidding. Any chance of failure happens at startup, therefore it is 6 of 1 half a dozen of another.

yeah thats word on the street man.... some say 6, some say 8... i try n blank it outa my mind :)
wouldnt mind if it was ghosts but ZOMBIES!! zombies are real :(

global s3, UK. Ask me anything and ill reply even if its just an intelligent (or stupid) guess ;)

Jaime8311

Aug 12, 2016
Visit site
Hi guys a I have a quick question about my android lg tribute 2 restarting itself randomly I've had this problem not so long ago / a couple weeks ago when I tried to update Facebook app everything started since then / it has been restarting by itself randomly please help anyone I need some helpful feedback.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RemusGhostofRome